• 10 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Despite being a Sys Admin, and check boxed my user as a Knowledge user, the Knowledge Article Type is not available in Settings.  This is detailed in the implemenation guide and on Trailhead.

The only thing that I can see missing is a Knowledge license  in the company Information.  Otherwise, I'm able to do everything else in Knowledge, bar create Article Types.

It doesn't matter if I toggle between Classic of Lightning modes.

What am I missing?
Hi, I'm an SA wanting to ascertain if I can specify the following trigger requirement.

Can you do a trigger to insert a value from a previously created record and insert it to a new record?

My scenario is a custom Forecast object, when creating a new forecast record, I want to update a field (9 Month forecast) with the 'Month 9' value of the Forecast record()-3.
On Getting Started with Apex Triggers module but getting compile error in my Dev Console - Variable does not exist: EmailManager.

Have manually typed sample code, and pasted from module with same error.  Should I be looking for a setup item in my dev org, thats not enabled?

Code

trigger ExampleTrigger on Contact (after insert, after delete) {
    if (Trigger.isInsert) {
        Integer recordCount = Trigger.New.size();
        // Call a utility method from another class
        EmailManager.sendMail('Your email address', 'Trailhead Trigger Tutorial', 
                    recordCount + ' contact(s) were inserted.');
    }
    else if (Trigger.isDelete) {
        // Process after delete
    }
}

What am I not seeing?

A Opportunity Product has a Start date.

If a Product Opportunity has Revenue and Quantity schedules can you make the dates dependent on the Opportunity Product Start Date.

So, if the Product Opportunity Start Date is changed, all the schedule dates change automatically.

For Example  Product Opportunity Start Date - 8/24/2010

Schedule dates are set over 3 installments starting on 9/01/2010, 10/01/2010 and 11/01/2010

If the Product Opportunity Start Date is CHANGED to 9/24/2010, can the schedule dates automatically change to 10/01/2010, 11/01/2010 and 12/01/2010?

Thanks, Mike.

Hi,

Cannot save the Controller, please help.

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/projects/quickstart-lightning-components/steps/quickstart-lightning-components4
Despite being a Sys Admin, and check boxed my user as a Knowledge user, the Knowledge Article Type is not available in Settings.  This is detailed in the implemenation guide and on Trailhead.

The only thing that I can see missing is a Knowledge license  in the company Information.  Otherwise, I'm able to do everything else in Knowledge, bar create Article Types.

It doesn't matter if I toggle between Classic of Lightning modes.

What am I missing?
Email to Lead (OR) Email2Lead - This (FREE) Innovative solution captures emails sent to your Company's mailboxes and creates Leads from it, helping you generate new sales and more revenue, reduces loss of potential customers and improves productivity.

FEATURES

• Captures sender's name, email address and email subject and body and saves onto the new Lead object
  • Captures sender's email address domain as Company name on Lead object
  • Sets Lead source as "Inbound Email" so you can run your reports/analytics
http://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/detail_overview.jsp?id=a0330000005KcX7AAK