• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Folks;

Are there any iPhone Developers here?

I'm having a great deal of difficulty understanding the combinations of all the SF programs, licenses, fees, restrictions, and editions.

I have opened a case in the partner portal a week ago but have heard nothing.

I'd really appreciate a candid discussion with someone who is/ is trying to get an iPhone application to market.

This is a commercial app not a free app!!

Anyone?

Steve

off list --  sales [at] whopaste [dot] com

Folks;

I am totally new to SalesForce and am having some difficulty understanding my options as a developer.

I am an iPhone developer  - I have taken a look at the tools available for Mac and they appear as if they could be repurposed with some effort to be useful on the iPhone.

So that appears to answer the question of what tools to use.  It uses XML-Soap.

I am aware that Salesforce provides an iPhone app which is generally useful but idea is a utility that adds data to a customers instance using the API instead of the user having to key the data themselves...

So now as I have rummaged around I understand there are various editions of SalesForce that have various capabilities.

Can I use the xml-soap api on all editions?

Do I need to spend $5000 for a security review?

How do I know whether or not I need a clientID?

Help?
Steve

Folks;

I would like to find a few folks who would be willing to beta test an iPhone app.

I'm not sure of the protocol for doing this on these discussion boards and I don't want to

abuse the privilge of using these discussions....

Can someone suggest what I might do?

Is this Mac related discussion the best place or is there another more appropriate board to look for iphone users?

Thanks,
Steve

Folks;

I'm looking at Simon Fell's sForce tools - I'm thinking of a Mac desktop application and possibly an iPhone application.

Does this mean I have to pay $5000 for the security review to get the clientID?

If not what do I use for the clientID when I try and connect?

Sorry for such newbie questions but I'm having a lot of trouble on this site using a Macintosh...

Steve

Folks;

I'm looking at Simon Fell's sForce tools - I'm thinking of a Mac desktop application and possibly an iPhone application.

Does this mean I have to pay $5000 for the security review to get the clientID?

If not what do I use for the clientID when I try and connect?

Sorry for such newbie questions but I'm having a lot of trouble on this site using a Macintosh...

Steve