• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I created a custom object, "Sites", and added it to the cases fields. It is also linked to accounts such that "Sites" shows up as a seperate area in each Account object. (I intend to use it to identify all the physical locations of an account. Each account has multiple sites.)

The problem is that "Site" isn't showing up in the layout page for "log a case" in the self service portal. Answers?

Since I'm on the topic, here is another question: When a customer opens a case via the self-service portal, I'd like them to select two different criteria: site and type of problem. From that criteria I like to set another field in the case, "billing code". This is all common, basic stuff. Is this doable using the salesforce out of the box or do I have install or write an app or use my own web server to do all the heavy lifting? Basically, I am trying to get it to performing a set operation based on the following relational db query:

get billingCode WHERE billingCode.caseReason = "mac" AND billingCode.site = "site" AND billingCode.account ="logged in account"

How do I do this in the self-service portal, or is there a better way?

• April 25, 2010

I created a custom object, "Sites", and added it to the cases fields. It is also linked to accounts such that "Sites" shows up as a seperate area in each Account object. (I intend to use it to identify all the physical locations of an account. Each account has multiple sites.)

The problem is that "Site" isn't showing up in the layout page for "log a case" in the self service portal. Answers?

Since I'm on the topic, here is another question: When a customer opens a case via the self-service portal, I'd like them to select two different criteria: site and type of problem. From that criteria I like to set another field in the case, "billing code". This is all common, basic stuff. Is this doable using the salesforce out of the box or do I have install or write an app or use my own web server to do all the heavy lifting? Basically, I am trying to get it to performing a set operation based on the following relational db query:

get billingCode WHERE billingCode.caseReason = "mac" AND billingCode.site = "site" AND billingCode.account ="logged in account"

How do I do this in the self-service portal, or is there a better way?

• April 25, 2010

I would like to know if there is a way by which when a client gets an update to a case via case comments, they are able to hit reply on their mail client and their reply gets automatically posted to the case.

Moeed

• April 06, 2010