• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am having an issue referencing custom settings in buttons and links that I have created in a managed package in my Salesforce instance.  For example, I have a custom link for the home page in my managed package to open a specific view of the Campaign object.  This is a custom view for which I store the ID in custom settings (as it could change with any deployed instance).  This is the URL for the link button that I am using:  When I click the URL in my developer instance where the managed package was created, it works fine.  However, when I click the link from a SF instance where I deployed the managed package and have set the value, the URL is ." /701?fcf="

Custom link URL:  /701?fcf={!LEFT( $Setup.NPCRVM__Volunteer_Management_Settings__c.NPCRVM__Active_Vol_Opps_View__c , 15)}

Name of the custom settings:  NPCRVM__Volunteer_Management_Custom_Settings__c
Field name from custom settings:  NPCRVM__Active_Vol_Opps_View__c

Any ideas on how to overcome this?  I reference this custom setting in other places in my Apex code (custom settings are public) without any issues, I just can't seem to reference this field or any others from my custom settings in custom links or custom buttons.

• July 20, 2010

I have a group of custom settings that are set to visibility = "Protected" I have included these custom settings in a managed package.  I am deploying my managed package to an Enterprise edition instance of Salesforce and when I log in to that instance as the administrator, I am unable to see these custom settings.  From reading SF documentation, it appears the custom settings are hidden since they were protected in the managed package.

I am not able to change the custom settings to "Public" on my developer instance and I don't know how to access them in the deployed instance to set the values for each setting.  Is there a way to do this?

• June 30, 2010

I have a group of custom settings that are set to visibility = "Protected" I have included these custom settings in a managed package.  I am deploying my managed package to an Enterprise edition instance of Salesforce and when I log in to that instance as the administrator, I am unable to see these custom settings.  From reading SF documentation, it appears the custom settings are hidden since they were protected in the managed package.

I am not able to change the custom settings to "Public" on my developer instance and I don't know how to access them in the deployed instance to set the values for each setting.  Is there a way to do this?

• June 30, 2010