• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

We're developing a component which we want to be accessible from all Apps (standard as well as custom) and all pages inside it. This component is something like "Chat" utility which is available at the bottom right corner of Salesforce. This "Chat" utility is available for all standard and custom apps. We're trying to build a similar utility.

Any idea how this can be implemented? Any pointers would be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

We want to use 'Console' feature in an application that we are building using Force.com platform edition which we want to offer as 'OEM' embedded license program.

Is 'Console Tab'(not service cloud console) accessible as part of Force.com platform edition from 'OEM' embedded license program?

Thanks in advance,

Sachin

Hi All,

We're trying to build a custom email feature, where users will select an email template & then the content from the email template along with the merge fields will be displayed in a textarea(or CKeditor).

We can get the content of the email template from the EmailTemplate object, however what we want to know is if there is an easy way by which we can easily display this content along with the merged fields into a textarea or CKEditor? Any pointers will be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Sachin

Is there a way we can use textarea(long) field for custom settings? I know we can use textarea field but it limits to only 255 characters. I need to store some delimiter separated data which will need textarea(long) kind of field.

Any suggestion on how to go about it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I'm looking for some function/utility/feature in Apex which will returns the JSON representation of a value. The return value should be a string containing the JSON representation of value.

We need to query some data from SF object and then pass on that data as a JSON string to a ExtJS (javascript library) to build a dynamic tree.

There is similar function available in PHP http://php.net/manual/en/function.json-encode.php, is there anything similar to this in Apex as well?

Any pointers to this will be a great help.

Thanks

Sachin

Hello

For one of my custom object, I want to create a lookup relationship with Documents. But when I go for adding a new fields on my custom object of type lookup relationship, I don't see Documents sObject as one of the option in the 'Related To' list. Can anybody tell me what's the reason for this? Is is not possible to create a new custom field of type lookup relationship with Documents sObject?

Thanks in advance

Hello

For one of my custom object, I want to create a lookup relationship with Documents. But when I go for adding a new fields on my custom object of type lookup relationship, I don't see Documents sObject as one of the option in the 'Related To' list. Can anybody tell me what's the reason for this? Is is not possible to create a new custom field of type lookup relationship with Documents sObject?

Thanks in advance

Hi All Is it possible to upload some word document as template on the platform and then generate new documents from merged fields and the uploaded document template?

Hi All

I'm trying to use Apex Email services to add a record through Email services. However whenever I try to send email to the unique email id provided by Force.com platform, I get a delivery failure message

>>> myemailservice@m0om390t358iogz2ztahv3vl.in.salesforce.com

>>> (Undelivered): 554 System.StringException: Ending position out of

>>> bounds: 3  Class.EmailToApex.getFieldValue: line 5, column 16

>>> Class.EmailToApex.handleInboundEmail: line 11, column 44 External

>>> entry point

Did anybody faced similar issues while using Email Services?

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

We're developing a component which we want to be accessible from all Apps (standard as well as custom) and all pages inside it. This component is something like "Chat" utility which is available at the bottom right corner of Salesforce. This "Chat" utility is available for all standard and custom apps. We're trying to build a similar utility.

Any idea how this can be implemented? Any pointers would be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I have a pagelayout for case which contains inline visualforce page. In that page I am storing a cookie. When I see cookies in FF I get values as follows:

Host:  c.ap1.visual.force.com

Path: /

Name: test

Value: testvalue

Now when I try to access this cookie in my controller which is extension of the above page by following command:

Cookie myCookie = ApexPages.currentPage().getCookies().get('test');

and then try to debug value of this cookie by:

System.debug(myCookie.getValue());

I get null, though I am having a value stored in it which is shown in FF.

After doing a thorough analysis, I came up with the conclusion that for setting cookie domain name is required and if the domain value is blank(not specified), its access is defaulted to the site from where it is set.And also I cannot set the cookie with the domain name of Case Page Layout as salesforce has not given permissions to get values of parent page. Also I have hardcoded the value of domain name while setting cooke, the cookie doesnt sets in this case. :(

That's why I am not able to access this cookie from my controller as it takes cookies from currentPage()

Any expertise who has faced this earlier and has a solution to it would help me a lot and also would be Highly Appreciated. There has to be a workaround for this.

If you have a solution/thought/suggestion, please contact me on Skype, Id :lakshman.sfdc or provide here.

Thank you!

Regards,

Lakshman

Hi All Is it possible to upload some word document as template on the platform and then generate new documents from merged fields and the uploaded document template?

Hi All

I'm trying to use Apex Email services to add a record through Email services. However whenever I try to send email to the unique email id provided by Force.com platform, I get a delivery failure message

>>> myemailservice@m0om390t358iogz2ztahv3vl.in.salesforce.com

>>> (Undelivered): 554 System.StringException: Ending position out of

>>> bounds: 3  Class.EmailToApex.getFieldValue: line 5, column 16

>>> Class.EmailToApex.handleInboundEmail: line 11, column 44 External

>>> entry point

Did anybody faced similar issues while using Email Services?

Thanks in advance

Greetings everyone,

I am a Apex newbie who is trying to tie in our newer SalesForce implementation into some legacy systems we have here in the office. I have created a PHP-based, RESTfull web service that allows outside clients (SalesForce in this case) to do CRUD operations on some data sets we have locally. Up to a point, everything was working perfectly. I was able to have my web service return a test message, which my Apex class successfully returned to me in an email. This all changed when I started using mod_rewrite on the web services end.

I have all requests for URLs of a certain format redirecting to a single index page, where the request is handled by reading in the URL the user actually navigated to (handled by mod_rewrite). Example: user goes tohttp://myrestdomain/service/rest/application/opsdashboard/campaign/1234 but the user is really sent to http://myrestdomain/service/rest/index.php. All of this is working great in a web browser. However, when I use HttpRequest and set my endpoint, Apex returns nothing. If I do a getStatus() on the HttpResponse object I get a Status=Moved Temporarily, StatusCode=302.

Here is a code sample, it is really really basic. The variable TheResponse in this case is always an empty string because of the 302 I keep getting.

Http h = new Http(); HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest(); req.setEndpoint('http://myrestserverdomain/service/rest/application/opsdashboard/campaign/1234'); req.setMethod('GET'); HttpResponse res = h.send(req); String TheResponse = res.getBody();

If you guys could help or even just point me in some direction I would be incredibly grateful.

I should point out that the URL I have listed above is correct aside from me taking out the domain we are using. Using that URL verbatim will not work.

Thanks in advance. - Brett

Message Edited by BrettDouglas on 12-16-2009 03:03 PM
Message Edited by BrettDouglas on 12-16-2009 05:02 PM

I am building a customized send email function with Visualforce page. If user chooses an Email template, in the email body(input text area), the merge field value {!Contact.Name} cant get the correct data as standard send email function can do. I am not sure if anyone has any solution to solve this problem, I will appreciate it.

What I am trying to do now is to create another temporary email with setTargetObjectId, setWhatId and setTemplateId, send the temporary email out and then use getPlainTextBody to get the temporary email body, in which all merge fields are replaced by the correct data. But the problem is the temporary email already sent out to the contact. So is there any way to re-direct the temporary email sent to a dummy address, not to the contact?