• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I'm new to salesforce so I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I currently have no previous experience with cloud development.

Currently, my company is running an application as a php-script (with a sprinkle of javascript) with a mysql database on a web hosting service.

I've been asked if it is possible to move this php script and database to salesforce, but I'm having difficulties interpreting the documentation.

1. Is it possible to host a php-script on salesforce.com, or does it need to be hosted externally and just use API-calls to the salesforce database?
  2. Is it possible to import a mysql database into salesforce.com

I would also appreciate if you would point me in the right direction of the documentation.

Thanks!

Tommy

• August 30, 2010

Hi,

I'm new to salesforce so I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I currently have no previous experience with cloud development.

Currently, my company is running an application as a php-script (with a sprinkle of javascript) with a mysql database on a web hosting service.

I've been asked if it is possible to move this php script and database to salesforce, but I'm having difficulties interpreting the documentation.

1. Is it possible to host a php-script on salesforce.com, or does it need to be hosted externally and just use API-calls to the salesforce database?
  2. Is it possible to import a mysql database into salesforce.com

I would also appreciate if you would point me in the right direction of the documentation.

Thanks!

Tommy

• August 30, 2010