• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

In the default  'Contacts' tab, there is a 'Send an Email'  button in the Activity History section.

Clicking on the 'Send an Email' button brings up a nice VF page to send email.

I want a similar functionality in my app. How do I access the same VF page to send email?

thanks

svidyan

Hi,

I have a Visualforce page with a custom button named  "Send email". When I click on this button, I would like the email template which was configured earlier to be displayed so that the user can enter additional info in the body of the email.

How do I display this email template?

thanks,

svidyan

Hi,

I am new to creating custom pages using metadata.

How does the rendering happen if a layout.xml is defined? How can we add javascript to it ?

Does SF automatically render the layout.xml?

thanks

svidyan

Hi,

I am writing apex code to create webservices.

If I pass an sObject as an argument, the generated WSDL generates all the related fields of the object.

Is it possible to modify the generated WSDL to only include the relevant fields and still make it valid?

My question is , can I tweak the generated WSDL and force.com will still accept the modified WSDL when a client call into it?

thanks

svidyan

Hi,

I am new to creating webservices using Apex

Hi,

I want to override the Edit|Del link in the related list table row.

How do I get access to the data of the corresponding child record? what is VF method to get the values of the corresponding child row so that I can use it in the override?

{!object } will give the current parent record, right? How do I get the correct child record ?

thanks

svidyan

Hi,

I am trying to create new Custom objects via File based Metadata API in java.

If  I specify more that ONE object in the package.xml, it comes with the exception "UnExpected Error".

But if I do one at a time, the custom objects are being created.

Am I missing any configuration for bulk creation of objects thru Metadata API?

Sample package.xml is below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Package xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
    <types>
        <members>Facility_Address__c</members>
        <name>CustomObject</name>
    </types>
    <version>20.0</version>
</Package>

thanks

svidyan

Hi,

I am new to metadata api. I have a lot of objects to create. Can I use the file based metadata api to create?

I saw examples only to deploy and retrieve existing objects.

Could you pls show me an example of 'creating' new custom objects using file based metadata api?

thanks,

svidyan

Hi,

I am new to metadata api. I have a lot of objects to create. Can I use the file based metadata api to create?

I saw examples only to deploy and retrieve existing objects.

Could you pls show me an example of 'creating' new custom objects using file based metadata api?

thanks,

svidyan

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to see how the default view of an object along with its related lists is rendered.

I see the XML representation of it in the .layout file of the object.

But is it possible to see the actual visualforce page of the default view?

This will help in my learning of creating VF pages.

thanks, svidyan

I am new to Force.com development.

How do I do object inheritance?

I have created say a Person object and in my application there are several specializations of this Person identified as type. 

Instead of repeating all the fields of the Person object individually in these specializations, I thought I could create the specialization object as inherited from Person, so I get all content/layout of the Person.

I tried with Record Type and it is confusing if that is intended to serve what I want to do.

Is this possible?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Vidya

Hi,

I am trying to display the relatedchild list by  <apex:relatedList list="Credit_Cards" />

I keep getting the error "'Credit_Cards' is not a valid child relationship name for entity Person".

When I checked on the custom field relationship info for the master-detail relationship, it showed the the Child Relationship Name as "Credit_Cards".

I'm not  sure why the error. Is there an API name for the relationship which I should be using?

Thanks.

Hi,

If a master object has related child objects, by default the children are displayed in a list vertically below the detail view of the master.

Is there a way we can configure to display the children in separate tabs? If the child list is very big, then it is convenient to show them in separate tabs.

thanks.

Hi,

I have DDL sql definitions to create database objects. Is it possible to upload these to create Salesforce database objects?

thanks

Svidyan

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the Force.com database architecture for ISV.

I understand the Force.com has a multi-tenant architecture as far as its customers go.

Now if I want to be an ISV and develop a product for my customers, how does Force.com provide this second level of abstraction (muti-tenancy).

Do I have to tag each of my Force.com database objects with an OrganizationId to distinguish between my different customers, OR does Force.com do something for me here?

Please clarify.

thanks

Vidya

Hi,

I'm new to Apex development. I understand that the Apex code must be accompanied by test cases.

My question is when I insert data into the Force.com database for the testcases, does this data reside along with the production data?

How do I make the database data just available for test cases only? Do I have to remove the data explicitly after the tests have executed?

Thanks

Svidya

Hi,

I am following the book "Development with the Force.com platform" by JasonOuelette.

When creating the Custom Objects, I did not check the box to be visible in a tab, and so I could not add this object to the Custom App I was creating. Now I have a created fields and relationships in the custom object. How do I add this Object to the Custom App?

thanks

Svidya

• September 27, 2010

Hi,

I am following the book "Developement with the Force.com platform" by JasonOuelette.

When creating the Custom Objects, I did not check the box to be visible in a tab, and so I could not add this object to the Custom App I was creating. Now I have a created fields and relationships in the custom object. How do I add this Object to the Custom App?

thanks

Svidya

• September 27, 2010

Hi,

I am following the book "Developement with the Force.com platform" by JasonOuelette.

thanks

Svidya

• September 27, 2010

Hi,

In the default  'Contacts' tab, there is a 'Send an Email'  button in the Activity History section.

Clicking on the 'Send an Email' button brings up a nice VF page to send email.

I want a similar functionality in my app. How do I access the same VF page to send email?

thanks

svidyan

Hi,

I am new to creating webservices using Apex

Hi,

I want to override the Edit|Del link in the related list table row.

How do I get access to the data of the corresponding child record? what is VF method to get the values of the corresponding child row so that I can use it in the override?

{!object } will give the current parent record, right? How do I get the correct child record ?

thanks

svidyan

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to see how the default view of an object along with its related lists is rendered.

I see the XML representation of it in the .layout file of the object.

But is it possible to see the actual visualforce page of the default view?

This will help in my learning of creating VF pages.

thanks, svidyan

Hi,

I am trying to display the relatedchild list by  <apex:relatedList list="Credit_Cards" />

I keep getting the error "'Credit_Cards' is not a valid child relationship name for entity Person".

When I checked on the custom field relationship info for the master-detail relationship, it showed the the Child Relationship Name as "Credit_Cards".

I'm not  sure why the error. Is there an API name for the relationship which I should be using?

Thanks.

Hi,

thanks

Svidya

• September 27, 2010