• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Does anyone know of way to connect to SFDC using "web service consumer transformation" from Informatica?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to create join between AccountShare and User object.

The query below that joins AccountShare and Account object works fine:

select id, userorgroupid, account.name from accountshare limit 100

BUT, this one doesn't:

select id, userorgroupid, user.name from accountshare limit 100

Any ideas/?

thanks in advance

Hi,

Looking for ideas on how to add/remove members from Content Library using API.

We have a unique integration requirement. Here is high-level steps:

1) Create new user in SFDC

2) Assign specific profile

3) Add user to specific content library as member or add to group

All these steps will be implemented via API. The step 1 and step 2 is duable via API but not clear on 3. Anyone share insight would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance!! 

Hi,

Does anyone know if Salesforce to Salesforce can be configured for same organization. In other words, pubilsh production data and subscribe that to QA or full-copy sandbox for same organization.

Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

Is Future method recommended on web service call out or always required ?

We built a class that calls external web service from SFDC. The method that calls web service is defined as future (asynchronous). Since there is a limit on number of future calls per 24 hours, I am wondering if I can synchronously call external web service. The future method is one of considerations that SFDC has listed on this link: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Apex_Web_Services_and_Callouts

Any suggestions ?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi,

We have ONE user id that we are using for two different integration job; one scripted data loader and other is .NET custom solution. We are getting invalid session id when data loader is running and .NET solution tries to connect at the same time. Is it possible to share User ID for two different integrations and they both run at the same time ?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

thanks in advance!

Hi,

We have two integration job (one through data loader and another .NET) uploading data to SFDC. In middle of load, we are getting exception in Data Loader as follows:

Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal session. Session not found, missing session key

We are using one user profile to load these data.

Any clue ?

thanks in Advance!

Hi,

I am working on implementing web service that calculate tax based on product and other variable. The WSDL file that I received from vendor is in rpc/encoded format. I managed to refactor that file in doc/literal but i had to delete couple of array type elements that is not supported. 

I've managed to import refactored WSDL and now have all the classes that I need. Now, I realized that the element that I removed is part of class that web service returns when I call tax calculation method.

So, my question: Can I still call the method and service returns data except the element that I removed ? I know that I can run a quick test to find out but I don't have all configuration setup on vendor side to run test.

thanks in advance,

Amit

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to customize Search drop-down list that SFDC provide on home tab ?

I have a request that certain user can't access "User" information from search drop-down. Is there any way you can configure by profile ?

Thanks in advance !

Hi,

I am working with client who is on Professional Edition. The client would like to take back-up of data and configuration before making configuration changes.

On data side, the client would like keep certain Account and related records and delete remaining recrods. Since the client is on Profiessional edition, I will not be able to use Data Loader to mass delete or mass insert/upsert.

Any suggestion on how I can back-up configuration and data.

Thanks in Advance,

Amit

Hi,

I would like to use dynamic query from Data Loader batch mode to extract only data that is changed since last run. Is there any way to achieve that by configuring in process-conf.xml file ?

Here is example:

Select Id, Name FROM Account where lastModifiedDate > @process.lastRunDate@

I found couple of posts that recommend using @process.lastRunDate@, but it does not work in my case.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

Hi,

Does anyone know that Data Loader is supported in Windows 2003 or Windows 2008 server ?

I believe you can run Data Loader in 64 bit environment, can anyone confirm that ?

Thanks !

Hi,

Have question around force.com user access.

Here is my question:

Are all trigger run under user context, meaning can I have user save a record on custom object which then calls the trigger setup on custom object access standard object ?

I understand that force.com free license can have access to only custom object, but can I have trigger that run on custom object insert event call standard object

Hi,

Can mobile configuration be ported from sandbox to production using Eclipse tool. I couldn't find any mobile related data in meta-data.

Anyone ?

thanks,

Amit

Hi,

Having trouble calculating the attachment file size. I am building case submission VF page. The page supports two attachment. I would like to limit the size on attachment.

Questions:

1) Is there any way I can find total size of attachment file before creating case ?

2) When I try to create case record w/ attachment size more than 3mb, the call is going to fail and I will get runtime exception. Is there any way I can catch the exception and ask the user to submit a smaller size attachment ?

Any thoughts ?

Thanks in Advance

Hi,

I am looking for articles or resource on SFDC integration best practice. I am currently working on project where our client would like to make web service API call to SFDC every 5 seconds for any add/updates. The 5 seconds interval time is very short. Also, SFDC enforces limit on number of API call you can make per day. 

Is there standard on best practice for SFDC web service calls that you can share ?

thanks in advance,

Hi,

Trying to display custom field "Description__c" that is part of "Article Type" object. I am not able to access that field from knowledge API.I get "Authorization Failed" error.

For clarity, the VF page is called from public force.com site. The code described below was extracted from SFDC app exchange - "Public Knowledge Site". The code works fine when standard field is referenced.

Here is sample code:

<apex:outputPanel layout="block">
    <ul>
        <knowledge:articleList articleVar="article"
            categories="products:phone"
            sortBy="mostViewed"
            pageSize="10"
        >
            <li><a href="{!URLFOR($Action.KnowledgeArticle.View, article.id)}">{!article.description}</a></li>
        </knowledge:articleList>
    </ul>
</apex:outputPanel>

Any clue ?

Hi,

I have questions around Recent Reports that is part of Reports tab.

1) Is there any limit on number of items that you can see on that list

2) Is there any ordering (last viewed report shows as first item) defined for Recent Report list

3) What about report expiration ? If you don't log into SFDC for more than 3 months then you don't see any reports listed under recent report.

thanks in advance,

Amit

Hi,

How can I enable sites access to Standard or Administrator user ? I believe it's open to only partner or customer portal user.

If you build a site and partner portal user has issue with content or data, how a customer service representative of a company can login to verify and reproduce that issue ?

Is there any way around ?

Hi,

I've a question around Partner Portal security. I built a site (SFDC sites with visualforce) for Partner User that logs into SFDC and lands on a landing page. This landing page has static and dynamic content.

Here is my question:

1) Company user logs (regular login - login.salesforce.com) into SFDC site.

2) Update content for that Partner, which is rendered on Landing page (only accessible through Partner login)

3) How does that Company user can look at the Landing page ? The company user is not going to be able to login from Partner login. If the company user navigate from Contact -> Login as Partner User then the app is going to land on Home tab but not on Partner landing page.

Any clue on how to take Company user to landing page ?

thanks in advance!

Hi,

Does anyone know if Salesforce to Salesforce can be configured for same organization. In other words, pubilsh production data and subscribe that to QA or full-copy sandbox for same organization.

Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to customize Search drop-down list that SFDC provide on home tab ?

I have a request that certain user can't access "User" information from search drop-down. Is there any way you can configure by profile ?

Thanks in advance !

Hi,

I would like to use dynamic query from Data Loader batch mode to extract only data that is changed since last run. Is there any way to achieve that by configuring in process-conf.xml file ?

Here is example:

Select Id, Name FROM Account where lastModifiedDate > @process.lastRunDate@

I found couple of posts that recommend using @process.lastRunDate@, but it does not work in my case.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

Hi,

Having trouble calculating the attachment file size. I am building case submission VF page. The page supports two attachment. I would like to limit the size on attachment.

Questions:

1) Is there any way I can find total size of attachment file before creating case ?

2) When I try to create case record w/ attachment size more than 3mb, the call is going to fail and I will get runtime exception. Is there any way I can catch the exception and ask the user to submit a smaller size attachment ?

Any thoughts ?

Thanks in Advance

Hi,

Trying to display custom field "Description__c" that is part of "Article Type" object. I am not able to access that field from knowledge API.I get "Authorization Failed" error.

For clarity, the VF page is called from public force.com site. The code described below was extracted from SFDC app exchange - "Public Knowledge Site". The code works fine when standard field is referenced.

Here is sample code:

<apex:outputPanel layout="block">
    <ul>
        <knowledge:articleList articleVar="article"
            categories="products:phone"
            sortBy="mostViewed"
            pageSize="10"
        >
            <li><a href="{!URLFOR($Action.KnowledgeArticle.View, article.id)}">{!article.description}</a></li>
        </knowledge:articleList>
    </ul>
</apex:outputPanel>

Any clue ?

Hi,

Looking for sample code to extract HTTP header data -- anyone done in the past ?

Thanks in advance !