• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I know that the free Force.com license does not allow access to standard objects (e.g., Account). 

But would something like this work:  A custom object named Inventory has a look-up relationship on standard object Account.  A new App includes only the Inventory object, and is mapped to a Profile and User with a free force.com license. 

I've tried this, but when I log in to my free Developer account as the force.com user, I don't see an App Menu, nor do I see an Inventory Tab, even though the Profile includes appropriate access and visibility setting for the App and the Tab.  I'm trying to figure out if I've got something sideways in the configuration, or if the combination of lookup Account relationship with a free force.com user is what's blocking visibility.

Any ideas will be most welcome.

Is it true that SFDC does not allow View Filters to be defined on fields from more than 1 object? 

For example, I have a custom object (Reservation) that is a child object in a Master/Detail relationship with the standard object Account.  Using the standard Account view, I could filter Reservation rows based on any of the Reservation field, but not any Account fields. 

What I want to do is create a custom view that would show all reservations for today for premiere customers.  But I can't find a way to include the Account.CustomerStatus__c in the filter logic.   In short, I want to filter rows of a custom object somewhat like dependant fields for lookups do at the field level.

Is there any way to do this, short of coding up a Visualforce page from scratch?

I have 2 custom objects (A__c and B__c), with field PN in both.  I have a custom button (Detail Page Button) on obj A.  When I click it, I want to create a new obj B record.  I also want to pass A.PN value to B.PN.

I've read other posts that say this should should work:

{!URLFOR( $Action.B__c.New, null )}

and it does.

But when I try this (where "342b" is the B__c.PN custom field ID):

{!URLFOR( $Action.B__c.New, null, [342bx = A__c.PN] )}

I get: Error: Syntax error. Found '['

What am I missing?  Thx!

Edit:  Ok, so RTFM applies:  custom object field ids **must** be in " ".  The syntax parser is now happy.

However, I now realize I have a more general question:  If B__c has a lookup relationship (via PN) with A__c, what is the best pattern for populating lookup field in B_c?  

What is the best way to relate 2 existing Account object instances (2 different SIDs in the standard Account Object) with 1 Custom object? 

Our current stamp trading application tracks people wanting to buy stamps (Account Record Type:  Buyer) and people wanting to sell stamps (Account Record Type:  Seller).  We have a Sold custom object in which we manually record the the buyer and seller names for each completed transaction.  

I'd like formally link the Account and Sold objects.  There are 1,000s of buyers / sellers, so the UI to "pick" which ones to match is another concern.  

Any ideas?  Thx.

I need to change a customer object's owner based on 2 factors:

1)  5 later than the time recorded in a object field name "AppliedAt", and

2)  if a related custom object (Master - Detail relationship) record count is 0 (e.g., there are no Detail records).

What's the best way to do this?  Is the Apprivo app necessary, or is their native force.com capabilities?

Thx.

I know that the free Force.com license does not allow access to standard objects (e.g., Account). 

But would something like this work:  A custom object named Inventory has a look-up relationship on standard object Account.  A new App includes only the Inventory object, and is mapped to a Profile and User with a free force.com license. 

I've tried this, but when I log in to my free Developer account as the force.com user, I don't see an App Menu, nor do I see an Inventory Tab, even though the Profile includes appropriate access and visibility setting for the App and the Tab.  I'm trying to figure out if I've got something sideways in the configuration, or if the combination of lookup Account relationship with a free force.com user is what's blocking visibility.

Any ideas will be most welcome.

I have 2 custom objects (A__c and B__c), with field PN in both.  I have a custom button (Detail Page Button) on obj A.  When I click it, I want to create a new obj B record.  I also want to pass A.PN value to B.PN.

I've read other posts that say this should should work:

{!URLFOR( $Action.B__c.New, null )}

and it does.

But when I try this (where "342b" is the B__c.PN custom field ID):

{!URLFOR( $Action.B__c.New, null, [342bx = A__c.PN] )}

I get: Error: Syntax error. Found '['

What am I missing?  Thx!

Edit:  Ok, so RTFM applies:  custom object field ids **must** be in " ".  The syntax parser is now happy.

However, I now realize I have a more general question:  If B__c has a lookup relationship (via PN) with A__c, what is the best pattern for populating lookup field in B_c?