• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello everyone,

I attemped to start a new thread in the Non Profits message board - but for whatever reason it did not allow me the ability to create new topics - so please forgive me if this is not the board to ask about nonprofits -

I am configuring an org with the Nonprofit Starter Pack and am attempting to set up processes dealing with Individuals and Non Individuals. Individuals will utilize the person account like feature and Non Individuals will be normal Account/Contact records.

Currently I have two processes for creating Individuals (person accounts). I have created an "Individual" Lead record type which I select, input desired information on lead record and then I convert them from a Lead by maintaining that the value, "Self", resides in organization name so that the code knows to create a person account for that Individual. My second process is that if I would like to create an Individual without converting them from a lead - I simply go to the contact tab, create a new record, and leave the organization name blank so that when created, the resulting record is a person account.

My processes for creating Non Individual records are as follows -

First, if converting from a lead - I have created my "Non Individual" Lead record types (more than one), for which I select, then proceed to fill out the lead record type information and inputting the company's name in the organization name field. When I convert the lead this creates a regular account and contact associated with it. Second, if just creating an account/contact without converting from a lead, I just go straight to the account tab and create the account as normal based off of Account record types for Non Individuals that I have created.

But I run into my problem here - I need to have a mutlipicklist "subtype" field on the lead and account. Once I create a lead record based on whatever record type I've chosen (either Individual, or a Non Individual record type), I then need to select values from this multiselect picklist which values are dependent on the record type. I need to be able to create an Individual using both processes (either by converting from a lead first, or by going straight to the contact tab) and then when on the person account record, select values from a multiselect picklist which values which is dependent on the "Individual record type". The problem occurs when I want to create a Non Individual contact off of a Non Individual Account and the multiselect picklist and values for the Individual process is the same because they are both using the same contact record type/page layout. I need to know how to effieciently separate these processes without creating multiple contact record types - is this possible? I know this is a lot to weed through, but thank you so much for any help.

• January 15, 2011

Hello everyone,

I attemped to start a new thread in the Non Profits message board - but for whatever reason it did not allow me the ability to create new topics - so please forgive me if this is not the board to ask about nonprofits -

I am configuring an org with the Nonprofit Starter Pack and am attempting to set up processes dealing with Individuals and Non Individuals. Individuals will utilize the person account like feature and Non Individuals will be normal Account/Contact records.

Currently I have two processes for creating Individuals (person accounts). I have created an "Individual" Lead record type which I select, input desired information on lead record and then I convert them from a Lead by maintaining that the value, "Self", resides in organization name so that the code knows to create a person account for that Individual. My second process is that if I would like to create an Individual without converting them from a lead - I simply go to the contact tab, create a new record, and leave the organization name blank so that when created, the resulting record is a person account.

My processes for creating Non Individual records are as follows -

First, if converting from a lead - I have created my "Non Individual" Lead record types (more than one), for which I select, then proceed to fill out the lead record type information and inputting the company's name in the organization name field. When I convert the lead this creates a regular account and contact associated with it. Second, if just creating an account/contact without converting from a lead, I just go straight to the account tab and create the account as normal based off of Account record types for Non Individuals that I have created.

But I run into my problem here - I need to have a mutlipicklist "subtype" field on the lead and account. Once I create a lead record based on whatever record type I've chosen (either Individual, or a Non Individual record type), I then need to select values from this multiselect picklist which values are dependent on the record type. I need to be able to create an Individual using both processes (either by converting from a lead first, or by going straight to the contact tab) and then when on the person account record, select values from a multiselect picklist which values which is dependent on the "Individual record type". The problem occurs when I want to create a Non Individual contact off of a Non Individual Account and the multiselect picklist and values for the Individual process is the same because they are both using the same contact record type/page layout. I need to know how to effieciently separate these processes without creating multiple contact record types - is this possible? I know this is a lot to weed through, but thank you so much for any help.

• January 15, 2011