• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm new to the Visualforce thing, so this could be a complete slap-the-forhead newbie questions, but I'm having an awful time editing a Visualforce email template. There's the Visualforce coding element, which I expected to have a steep curve, but as I'm using the email editor, it's giving me errors that I'm missing the html end-tags in my code. I've got sloppy fingers and a case of spacy-baby-brain so I thoroughly checked my html coding. Yet the end-tags that the error message referenced were right there in the text. Am I missing something?

Here's what I tried:

- re-writing both html tags

- deleting the html tags - but Salesforce decided that I was missing another one

- I'm using Chrome as my browser, so I tried using IE9 and found another bug - I can't keep text selected (highlighted) in the email editor. I tried using IE9 64bit and same problem, what the heck?

I've looked through the documentation and have tried to emulate the samples of Visualforce email code. Is there another way of going about this? Is there a browser that works best with Visualforce editing? Should I try writing a PDF template to attach to an email? It seems like an awful lot of work to conditionally provide third parties with field values.

Thank you for reading,

Jake F

Other than the fact that the app installs successfully, there are some serious troubleshooting issues with the Salesforce for Twitter 2.0 app. In attempting to get the app working for a client using Enterprise Edition. I've been running into several usability roadblocks that are requiring some serious revers-engineering.

To date, the most worrisome issue is the fact that the "Troubleshooting" link within the app (located on the right column of the Salesforce for Twitter" homepage). Other issues I will articulate below.

Hey guys,

How do I add an image that is a document to a visualforce email template?

I do not want to reference a URL because then recipients have to click to view images versus if they're embedded in the email...

Thanks...

Other than the fact that the app installs successfully, there are some serious troubleshooting issues with the Salesforce for Twitter 2.0 app. In attempting to get the app working for a client using Enterprise Edition. I've been running into several usability roadblocks that are requiring some serious revers-engineering.

To date, the most worrisome issue is the fact that the "Troubleshooting" link within the app (located on the right column of the Salesforce for Twitter" homepage). Other issues I will articulate below.