• 10 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need to make  REST API calls to Salesforce from an external web server. I'm new to OAuth (and REST). There are three OAuth flows (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_rest.meta/api_rest/intro_understanding_authentication.htm), which one is suitable for this typical scenario, system to system integration (external web server to Salesforce). The first two flows seem to have user to provide user (human) name and password, on the other hand, the third flow (user name and password) not really a good fit, because I cannot expose user account's credential. Thanks in advance.
I need to be able to drop and drop row within a table in Visualforce, can anyone give a pointer on how to implement this functionality. I use "pageBlockTable" component. I tried using custom JavaScript but not able to get to  <TR> from what "pageBlockTable" generates. Thanks in advance.
Hi All,
I have a visualforce page where it display number of pageblock sections based on number of items in a data structure at the backend. I also have button that once click, it will remove each individual section from the pageblock. I ran into a problem where if I use "rerender" attribute with a commandbutton, the section does "not" refresh! Note that, it works fine when "not" using the "rerender" attribure. This seems like bug in VFP component. Any advise or workaround? Below is an excerpt of from the code in the VFP. I also attached screen capture of the VFP. Thank you in advanced.

<apex:pageBlock title="Day" id="selected">User-added image

<apex:repeat value="{!stringDay}" var="item">        

<apex:pageblockSection title="{!item}" columns="1">

<apex:commandLink value="Remove Day" action="{!removeTable}" rerender="selected">

<apex:param value="{!item}" name="removeIdTable" assignTo="{!removeIdTable}"/>

</apex:commandLink>

Hi, new to batch Apex and got question on Apex Scheduler vs. Batch Apex. I use the term "apex scheduler" to refer to class that implements "Schedulable" interface and "Batch Apex" for class that implements "Database.Batchable" interface.

What's the difference between these two? For example, I can create class that implements "Schedulable" interface, and I would have batch job (use the "Schedule Apex" page to run the batch job). I don't need to create batch Apex class (class that implements "Database.Batchable" interface), which seems to be complex to use. Anyone could shed some light ;> ? Thanks in advance.

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone point me to the difference between Batch Apex and Apex Scheduler at the usage level? I see difference at the programming level; however, still not sure of when to use one over the other.

Thank you all in advance,

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could share standard approach on deleting component (like triggers, class etc.) from production? I understand that we need to use Force.com IDE to do this. Is this the only way? Also, I keep getting timeout error from IDE when try to delete components from production (already set to 600 ms, max). Thanks so much in advance.

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there's call back method mechanism that can be used with method declared with "@future"? Also, what's the standard exception handling design pattern for making Web Services call-outs (obviously, we need @future, which results in asynchronous calls).

Thank you for your ponter,

Hi All,

Does anyone come across on how to upload image file (binary data) to field with "rich text) as data type via Web services? I did extensive serach through force.com but only found this article (http://developer.force.com/cookbook/recipe/converting-a-rich-text-area-fields-image-for-api-upload).

However, it does not work when following this article. The APIs keep return "data value too large ... max length 256). Appreciate if you could give a pointer on how to do this.

Thank you all in advance.

Hi All,

Is there a way we can customize (add custom logic, for example) to the standad Web Services methods exposed in Enterprise WSDL, such as the Create(...) method. Or the only way we can create custom Web Services method is through exposing Apex as Web Services (currently, I'm doing it this way). Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Hi All, I come from custom app development (Java, .NET etc.) and new to Force.com platform. I have one custom object named "Country Code" with two fields ID and Description (ID = US, Description = "United States", for example). I would like to display the value in the "Description" field as drop-down in Account object, in the "Country" field of the Account object. I also need to send record in in Account object to external application (via Web Services, for example). However, the value of he "Country" field in Account object needs to be from "ID" field, not from "Description" field. The Lookup field is the closest I found but it does NOT allow to display in drop-down. Standard Piclist does not provide a method to include the "ID" value as well. This seems to be a common programming problem, is there any standard mechanism supported by Force.com? Or is there any design pattern that can be recommended? I was looking at metadata API to create custom solution for Picklist, any advise? Thanks in advance,

Hi All,

I come from custom app development (Java, .NET etc.) and new to Force.com platform. I have one custom object named "Country Code" with two fields ID and Description (ID = US, Description = "United States", for example). I would like to display the value in the "Description" field as drop-down in Account object, in the "Country" field of the Account object. I also need to send record in in Account object to external application (via Web Services, for example). However, the value of he "Country" field in Account object needs to be from "ID" field, not from "Description" field.

The Lookup field is the closest I found but it does NOT allow to display in drop-down. Standard Piclist does not provide a method to include the "ID" value as well.

This seems to be a common programming problem, is there any standard mechanism supported by Force.com? Or is there any design pattern that can be recommended? I was looking at metadata API to create custom solution for Picklist, any advise?

Thanks in advance,

Hi, new to batch Apex and got question on Apex Scheduler vs. Batch Apex. I use the term "apex scheduler" to refer to class that implements "Schedulable" interface and "Batch Apex" for class that implements "Database.Batchable" interface.

What's the difference between these two? For example, I can create class that implements "Schedulable" interface, and I would have batch job (use the "Schedule Apex" page to run the batch job). I don't need to create batch Apex class (class that implements "Database.Batchable" interface), which seems to be complex to use. Anyone could shed some light ;> ? Thanks in advance.

I can upload encoded image data using v19 of the API.  Any idea what the change is that I am missing?  I get the following error: 

Invalid data specified, the provided data does not seem to be a valid image: [B@574b1c

and

INVALID_DATA_URI

Again, if I use v20/21 I get the error, if I use v19 then all goes well and I see my image.

Thanks