• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I'd like to integrate token prettyprint for Apex and Visualforce files with our code review system. The Force.com IDE obviously already has a tokenizer for each of these languages. Does anyone know if I can either extract a self-contained version of that tokenizer (or tokenizers if there's one per file type) for integration with our system or find standalone tokenizers for Apex and Visualforce elsewhere?

Many many thanks for any help!

Jay

• May 08, 2012

Hi all,

I need to grant Visualforce development access to a profile. How to do so used to be obvious, but I simply can't find the profile setting anymore. Does anyone know how to do this in the latest interface?

Thank you!

Jay

• October 24, 2011

Hi all,

This may end up being a dumb question, but I'm very grateful for any help! I have a trigger that I'm trying to test, and though it works when I test it manually via a UI case update, I can't get the test to work at all.

The trigger is designed to catch cases before update and, if the associated asset has changed, update a field on the case to match a corresponding field on its asset. Here's a snippet of the test:

[test cases and assets created and inserted above, including optedInAsset and caseForOptedOutAsset ...]

Case updatedVersion1 = [Select Id, Opt_In__c, AssetId from Case where Id=:caseForOptedOutAsset.Id limit 1];

updatedVersion1.AssetId = ID.valueOf(optedInAsset.Id);

update updatedVersion1;

updatedVersion1 = [Select Id, Opt_In__c, AssetId from Case where Id=:updatedVersion1.Id limit 1];

System.assertEquals(true, updatedVersion1.Opt_In__c);

[...]

For some reason, this assert always fails, though, again, it works smoothly in the UI. I don't seem to even be able to force it--it's like the "before update" trigger is being ignored, and the AssetId field is just being updated without firing any trigger.

Is there anything that could cause a trigger to not fire or be somehow truncated in the context of an Apex test?

Thanks again!

• September 25, 2011

Hi all,

I want to create a custom view for cases that orders cases first by a primary field and then by a secondary field (e.g., first by support tier, then by priority level). Before I develop a custom page for this, I wanted to verify the following:

1. Salesforce's custom view wizard doesn't currently allow one to define a default primary ordering field.

2. The wizard doesn't currently allow one to define a default secondary ordering field.

3. The wizard doesn't currently allow one to lock the ordering settings of a view (such that most users can't change the sorting logic).

It would be great if someone could dispel these understanding, but even an informed confirmation would be appreciated! :)

Best,

Jon

• August 01, 2011

Hi all,

I need to grant Visualforce development access to a profile. How to do so used to be obvious, but I simply can't find the profile setting anymore. Does anyone know how to do this in the latest interface?

Thank you!

Jay

• October 24, 2011

Hi all,

This may end up being a dumb question, but I'm very grateful for any help! I have a trigger that I'm trying to test, and though it works when I test it manually via a UI case update, I can't get the test to work at all.

The trigger is designed to catch cases before update and, if the associated asset has changed, update a field on the case to match a corresponding field on its asset. Here's a snippet of the test:

[test cases and assets created and inserted above, including optedInAsset and caseForOptedOutAsset ...]

Case updatedVersion1 = [Select Id, Opt_In__c, AssetId from Case where Id=:caseForOptedOutAsset.Id limit 1];

updatedVersion1.AssetId = ID.valueOf(optedInAsset.Id);

update updatedVersion1;

updatedVersion1 = [Select Id, Opt_In__c, AssetId from Case where Id=:updatedVersion1.Id limit 1];

System.assertEquals(true, updatedVersion1.Opt_In__c);

[...]

For some reason, this assert always fails, though, again, it works smoothly in the UI. I don't seem to even be able to force it--it's like the "before update" trigger is being ignored, and the AssetId field is just being updated without firing any trigger.

Is there anything that could cause a trigger to not fire or be somehow truncated in the context of an Apex test?

Thanks again!

• September 25, 2011

Hi all,

I want to create a custom view for cases that orders cases first by a primary field and then by a secondary field (e.g., first by support tier, then by priority level). Before I develop a custom page for this, I wanted to verify the following:

1. Salesforce's custom view wizard doesn't currently allow one to define a default primary ordering field.

2. The wizard doesn't currently allow one to define a default secondary ordering field.

3. The wizard doesn't currently allow one to lock the ordering settings of a view (such that most users can't change the sorting logic).

It would be great if someone could dispel these understanding, but even an informed confirmation would be appreciated! :)

Best,

Jon

• August 01, 2011