• 25 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We are developing a Rates managment system in Salesforce, in which Sales Reps can see and change the rates their customers will be charged for our services. As part of this there is the option to export a set of rates in Excel format. The rep would then discuss this with their customer and make any agreed changes to rates on the spreadsheet. We need then to get that data back into Salesforce from the spreadsheet.

Could we script Data Loader to import the data from a csv file uploaded from a visualforce page? If so, how? Or is there some other way? The whole process needs to be as simple as possible for the user. Preferably just: pick your file.and press the upload button.

Any pointers you can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Euan

I have just created my first dashboard and I have found that a bar chart displays very differently on it from how it appears in the corresponding report when run in its own right. As seen in the report.the chart has two bars corresponding to two columns on the report, a legend, and no axis labels. On the dashboard, there is only one bar, no legend, and the axis labels are shown. I can't for the life of me see any options in the dashboard creation screens to fix this.

The strange thing is that other dashboards in our sandbox do show charts with all the features I want, but I cannot look at how that is done because the report designer errors out in the sandbox as the relevant data is not there.

Thanks in advance

Euan Greig

I have created a VF page to edit an object which has a lot of validation rules on it. I have a PageMessages control at the top of the page which works in that it shows the first validation error, but it does not show them all. In the UI you see all validation errors at once in a list. Is there a way to make my VF page behave the same way?

Thanks in advance

Euan

I have a custom object with a number of record types, for each of which I have created a specific page layout. What I want to do is add a little javascript (Jquery actually) to hide/show certain fields depending on the value of other fields. Is it possible to do that without converting all the pages to visual force pages?

I am very happy with the pages that SF generates automatically and I don't really want to start creating my own in VF, as this will entail quite a lot of work in creating them and maintaining them.

I did have the idea that I could embed a visual force page in the page layouts, and all that VF page contained was some javascript to add the functionality I wanted. But this did not seem to work. Maybe I just didn't do it right.

Thanks in advance

We are developing a Rates managment system in Salesforce, in which Sales Reps can see and change the rates their customers will be charged for our services. As part of this there is the option to export a set of rates in Excel format. The rep would then discuss this with their customer and make any agreed changes to rates on the spreadsheet. We need then to get that data back into Salesforce from the spreadsheet.

Could we script Data Loader to import the data from a csv file uploaded from a visualforce page? If so, how? Or is there some other way? The whole process needs to be as simple as possible for the user. Preferably just: pick your file.and press the upload button.

Any pointers you can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Euan

I have just created my first dashboard and I have found that a bar chart displays very differently on it from how it appears in the corresponding report when run in its own right. As seen in the report.the chart has two bars corresponding to two columns on the report, a legend, and no axis labels. On the dashboard, there is only one bar, no legend, and the axis labels are shown. I can't for the life of me see any options in the dashboard creation screens to fix this.

The strange thing is that other dashboards in our sandbox do show charts with all the features I want, but I cannot look at how that is done because the report designer errors out in the sandbox as the relevant data is not there.

Thanks in advance

Euan Greig

I have a custom object with a number of record types, for each of which I have created a specific page layout. What I want to do is add a little javascript (Jquery actually) to hide/show certain fields depending on the value of other fields. Is it possible to do that without converting all the pages to visual force pages?

I am very happy with the pages that SF generates automatically and I don't really want to start creating my own in VF, as this will entail quite a lot of work in creating them and maintaining them.

I did have the idea that I could embed a visual force page in the page layouts, and all that VF page contained was some javascript to add the functionality I wanted. But this did not seem to work. Maybe I just didn't do it right.

Thanks in advance