• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

In our organization I set the OWD to be Public Read Only for one of our custom object.

When I am manual sharing one of the records to a specific user or group (giving the a READ/WRITE access) the sharing doesn't seems to work. When I login as the user whom the record was shared with I can only view the record and cannot edit.

In the Manual Sharing records I see the name of the user/group with an access level of READ/WRITE. 

Am I missing something really basic??

Thanks,

Shay

• January 31, 2012

Hi,

I have a problem which I think is basic but I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

I have a custom object named Customers and 2 users that belong to two different roles but in the same hierarchy level: DM and FASS.

One user is a System Administrator and the other has a profile name WM_Profile. The profile WM_Profile is set so that users with this profile can only READ Customers records.

I created a sharing rule for the Customers object so that when the Sys admin create a Customer record (The sys admin belong to DM) the other user (belongs to FASS) can have READ/WRITE on that record.

This doesn't work and I don't understand why. I created the record with Sys Admin but the other user can only READ it even though this record is shared with him.

It seems like the Profile's setting overrides everything I try to do with Roles and Sharing. What am I doing wrong?

Hope I was clear.

Thanks,

Shay

• January 26, 2012

Hi,

Is there a way to create a report where the users will be able to change the criteria when the report is running (not in the customization view). I am building reports for users who are not technology savvy and have no idea about AND and OR operations. I just want them to choose 3 fields and the report will be generated. Also, is there a way to remove the Time Frame section from a report?

Thanks,

Shay

• August 25, 2011

Hey,

Not sure if this is possible: If I have 2 fields (PickList and Text) Is there a way to set the value of the Text field depending on the value chosen in the PickList? I know that you can use a formula field but I am wondering if this functionality can work in edit mode (before I hit the Save button).

Thanks,

Shay

• August 22, 2011

Hi,

In our organization I set the OWD to be Public Read Only for one of our custom object.

When I am manual sharing one of the records to a specific user or group (giving the a READ/WRITE access) the sharing doesn't seems to work. When I login as the user whom the record was shared with I can only view the record and cannot edit.

In the Manual Sharing records I see the name of the user/group with an access level of READ/WRITE. 

Am I missing something really basic??

Thanks,

Shay

• January 31, 2012

Hi,

I have a problem which I think is basic but I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

I have a custom object named Customers and 2 users that belong to two different roles but in the same hierarchy level: DM and FASS.

One user is a System Administrator and the other has a profile name WM_Profile. The profile WM_Profile is set so that users with this profile can only READ Customers records.

I created a sharing rule for the Customers object so that when the Sys admin create a Customer record (The sys admin belong to DM) the other user (belongs to FASS) can have READ/WRITE on that record.

This doesn't work and I don't understand why. I created the record with Sys Admin but the other user can only READ it even though this record is shared with him.

It seems like the Profile's setting overrides everything I try to do with Roles and Sharing. What am I doing wrong?

Hope I was clear.

Thanks,

Shay

• January 26, 2012

Hi,

Is there a way to create a report where the users will be able to change the criteria when the report is running (not in the customization view). I am building reports for users who are not technology savvy and have no idea about AND and OR operations. I just want them to choose 3 fields and the report will be generated. Also, is there a way to remove the Time Frame section from a report?

Thanks,

Shay

• August 25, 2011

Hey,

Not sure if this is possible: If I have 2 fields (PickList and Text) Is there a way to set the value of the Text field depending on the value chosen in the PickList? I know that you can use a formula field but I am wondering if this functionality can work in edit mode (before I hit the Save button).

Thanks,

Shay

• August 22, 2011