• 5 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, we would like to display the totals above the stacked columns on a chart.  Hopefully the image shows up with this post, it is a good representation of what we are trying to acheive.  Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks!Stacked Chart with totals
Hi, just want to confirm that I am using the correct verson of React Native with SalesForce Mobile SDK 5.3.0.  Thanks!
Hi, I am trying to get the FirstReact project from Trailhead to work and I keep getting an error in Android Studio and the React-Native server when I click on the Run button in Android Studio.  Hoping that someone has run into this and can provide some insights.  I've been googling everywhere and tried a number of different things to resolve the error (delete the project and start over, gradelw clean, give all users full control over the folders, etc.) without any luck.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!  Here's the kind of errors I am receiving:

In Android Studio:
Error:Could not read path 'C:\ReactNativeTests\FirstReact\mobile_sdk\salesforcemobilesdk-android\libs\SalesforceAnalytics\build\generated\source\r\debug\com\salesforce\androidsdk\analytics'.
> C:\ReactNativeTests\FirstReact\mobile_sdk\salesforcemobilesdk-android\libs\SalesforceAnalytics\build\generated\source\r\debug\com\salesforce\androidsdk\analytics

In the React Native server command window:
 ERROR  EPERM: operation not permitted, lstat 'C:\ReactNativeTests\FirstReact\mo
bile_sdk\salesforcemobilesdk-android\libs\SalesforceAnalytics\build\generated\so
urce\r\debug\com\salesforce\androidsdk\analytics'
{"errno":-4048,"code":"EPERM","syscall":"lstat","path":"C:\\ReactNativeTests\\Fi
rstReact\\mobile_sdk\\salesforcemobilesdk-android\\libs\\SalesforceAnalytics\\bu
ild\\generated\\source\\r\\debug\\com\\salesforce\\androidsdk\\analytics"}
Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, lstat 'C:\ReactNativeTests\FirstReact\mob
ile_sdk\salesforcemobilesdk-android\libs\SalesforceAnalytics\build\generated\sou
rce\r\debug\com\salesforce\androidsdk\analytics'
    at Error (native)

Here's some information on my system:
WinVer:
Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

java -version:
Java version 1.8.0_144
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)

npm -version 5.5.1

node -v: 6.11.4

SalesForce Mobile SDK: 5.3.0

react-native -version
react-native-cli: 2.0.1
react-native: 0.43.1

Android Studio 3.0.1

Thanks for taking a look!
Hello, we were hoping to change the label of the Activate standard button to something like Place Order.  Unfortunately we have found out that this is not possible.  We were told to create a custom button, label it the way we want and add a setting to the button to have it perform the functionality of the Activate button.  when we click the custom button, we are receiving the following error:
Error: The page you submitted was invalid for your session. Please click Save again to confirm your change.

Here's the action we have configured for the button:
{!URLFOR($Action.Order.Activate, Order.Id)}

Any idea what we might be doing wrong?

Thanks!
Hello, in Summer 14 sandbox I cannot save changes to a trigger.  I have tried editing the trigger in the Developer Console and the SFDC UI (Setup->Develop->Trigger).

In the Developer Console, I receive the followign exception:

Deployment Error

An Unexpected error has occurred.  1714602615-6412 (1360428526) for deploymentId = 1dr11000000YqmpAAC If this persists, please contact customer support.

I tried deleting the deploymentId, but that hasn't resolved the problem.

In the SFDC UI, I receive the following error:

An internal server error has occurred
An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!

Error ID: 816002992-7076 (-1110139602)

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Hi, I have a situation where reRender triggered from a commandlink is not working for non-admins.  I can see the out of band call being made in the debug logs, but instead of executing the code I just see:

EXECUTION_START

CODE_UNIT_STARTED [EXTERNAL]|###############|VF: 

CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE 

CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE_END 

CODE_UNIT_FINISHED VF: /apexremote

EXECUTION_FINISHED 

Whereas when I exercise the same code as an admin, I will see a number of methods executing and the expected portions of the page refresh.

I am not seeing any errors in the debug log.

The pageMessages component is not populated with an error message.  I have added the pageMessages id to the reRender tag.

I have wrapped the datatable that I am refreshing in an outputpanel.

This was working for everyone and just stopped working for non-admins day before yesterday.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks!

Hi I am conditionally trying to add a br tag to a visual force email template, and I can't get around the html encoding.

I'm trying to avoid blank lines in an address block, so if optional address elements are not present i don't want to insert a break.

Here's what I am trying to do

{!relatedTo.Shipping_Address_2__c}{!if(relatedTo.Shipping_Address_2__c =='','','<br />')}

I've tried using HTMLENCODE around br tag but I still come up with &lt

Is there a better way to approach this?  I'm sure this a fairly common requirement.

Thanks!

• September 18, 2012

Hi, I have a routine that downloads new and modified account information to local database.  The routine retrieves the information from salesforce using a SOQL query.  The query populates an array of Account objects which are then persisted to the local storage.  For some reason, the billing street is being loaded into the Account object with spaces instead of carriage return line feeds CRLF.

This creates a problem if I need to display the information in another program since I cannot determine what data belongs to Address line one vs Address line two.

Here's and example of what I am seeing

Address entered like this in sales force:

123 Anystreet

Dept. ABC

Address appears like this in loaded Account object:

123 Anystreet Dept. ABC

So, instead of a CRLF (Dec. 13 + 10)  in between the last "t" in street and "D" in Dept., I am finding a space (Dec. 32)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim

• September 04, 2012

Hi, I am trying to detect if the current user is a Partner user.  When I look at the API/WSDL, I see a field on the User object named IsPartner.  But, when I add the IsPartner field to a query I receive the following exception:

Error: No such column 'IsPartner' on entity 'User'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

Here's the query I am attempting to execute:

User theUser = [Select u.City, u.CompanyName, u.ContactId, u.Country, u.Email, u.FirstName, u.IsPartner, u.LastName, u.MobilePhone,u.PostalCode, u.State, u.Street from User u Where u.iD=:UserInfo.getUserId()   Limit 1];

What's the best way to determine if the current user is a Partner user?

Thanks!

Hi, the Developer Console fails when you try to create a class with the word Exception in the class name.  Here's what I have done, clicked on Repository, clicked on Classes, Clicked the New button, entered the name of a class (MyException), Click OK, receive dialog that states New Class Error MyException: Exception class must extend another Exception class.

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks,

Hi, I started getting the following error this afternoon in the Developer Console:

Operation failed could not create 1 record: Bad Request

This happens whenever I click on Save to save a file from the Repository.

Is anyone else running into this?

I am using this in our sandbox org which is on Summer 12.

I am using Chrome version 19.0.1084.56 m on windows 7 32 bit  WinVer = Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

Hi, I have downloaded the "Download Salesforce for iPhone Simulator" application.  when I open the app a window titled Salesforce Mobile Updater opens and displays some text indicating that it is downloading and inflating SalesforceMobile.zip.  The Salesforce Mobile Updater completes with a line stating "Done!".  But when I launch the iPhone simulator, I don't see a sales force app.  Is there another step to installing the salesforce mobile app on the iPhone simulator?

Thanks!

Hi, I am trying to get the Iphone simulator working and the documentation says you have to have hardware version 3.1.2

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_iPhone_Simulator

The only hardware versions I have availabe are 4.3.2 and 5.1

What do I need to download/install in order to have 3.1.2 available as a hardware version in the iOS Simulator?  I am using version 5.1 of the iOS Simulator.

I installed the simulator by installing XCode 4.3.1

I am pretty new to Macs so if I am misstating anything please let me know.

Thanks!

Hi, hopefully this is easy to do and I am just missing some information here.

We have a custom object that has a number of custom fields.

I have created a visual force page with some functionality for our web users for inserts and updates. 

The detail (or view) page only has some of the fields from the object (to reduce clutter).  The VF page has a lot more fields.

Example:

Custom object has fields A, B and C.

page layout for view (detail) displays fields A and B.

VF page for edits and inserts displays fields A, B and C.

Now we need the custom object displayed on mobile devices.  Since the sales force mobile app ignores the VF page as being the page for inserts and edits, we have had to add the additional fields to the view (detail) page so they will be available when someone wants to insert or update a record via the mobile app.

Example:

Now the page layout for view (detail)  has to display fields A and B and C so that C will be available in edit mode.

This really looks awful.  Is there some way to conditionally hide/show fields on the page layout (not VF, but the standard sales force page layout) based on the "mode" of the display?

Thanks!

Hi, I have a VisualForce page that includes an apex commandbutton.  The button works fine in browsers and even in Safari on the iPhone.  But, in the SalesForce iPhone app no luck.  I click the buttion and nothing happens.  Here's the markup for the button.  Am I missing something?

<apex:commandButton action="{!AddItem}" reRender="lstItems, txtItem"  value="Add Item" />

Thanks!

• September 29, 2011

Hi, I have a routine that downloads new and modified account information to local database.  The routine retrieves the information from salesforce using a SOQL query.  The query populates an array of Account objects which are then persisted to the local storage.  For some reason, the billing street is being loaded into the Account object with spaces instead of carriage return line feeds CRLF.

This creates a problem if I need to display the information in another program since I cannot determine what data belongs to Address line one vs Address line two.

123 Anystreet

Dept. ABC

123 Anystreet Dept. ABC

So, instead of a CRLF (Dec. 13 + 10)  in between the last "t" in street and "D" in Dept., I am finding a space (Dec. 32)

Thanks!

Jim

• September 04, 2012
Hi, we would like to display the totals above the stacked columns on a chart.  Hopefully the image shows up with this post, it is a good representation of what we are trying to acheive.  Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks!Stacked Chart with totals
I have created a visualforce page for my team to enter new opportunities. It is my first visualforce page. I can't get it, though, to "save"; it always looks like it is being edited. Here's what my code looks like:

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity">

<h1><center>Hello {!$User.FirstName}</center></h1>
  <center>Please enter the following information</center>

<br></br><br></br>

<apex:form >
      <apex:pageBlock >
        <center><h1>Current Stage</h1></center>
            <i><center>Please leave boxes checked once a project has completed a stage<hr></hr></center></i>
          <br></br>
                  <div align="center" draggable="false" >
                    <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
                    <apex:commandButton value="Edit" action="{!edit}"/>
                  <hr></hr></div>   
            <apex:pageblocksection columns="1">

<apex:pageblocksectionitem >
                  Information Sharing    <apex:inputCheckbox value="{!opportunity.Information_Sharing__c}"/>          
              </apex:pageblocksectionitem>

Project Specific RFI    <apex:inputCheckbox value="{!opportunity.Project_Specific_RFI__c}"/>          

EDCUtah Site/Data RFI    <apex:inputCheckbox value="{!opportunity.EDCUtah_Site_Data_RFI__c}"/>          

Site Visit    <apex:inputCheckbox value="{!opportunity.Site_Visit__c}"/>          

Incentive Process    <apex:inputCheckbox value="{!opportunity.Incentive_Process__c}"/>          

</apex:pageblocksection>  
      </apex:pageBlock>
  </apex:form>  

<center><h1>Contact Information</h1></center>
          <br></br>
          <apex:pageblocksection >

Project Name    <apex:inputfield value="{!Opportunity.Name}"/>

Company Name    <apex:inputfield value="{!opportunity.accountid}" required="True"/>

Open Date        <apex:inputfield value="{!opportunity.Open_Date__c}" required="True"/>

Projected Close Date    <apex:inputfield value="{!opportunity.CloseDate}" required="True"/>

<apex:outputfield value="{!Opportunity.ownerID}"/>
                  Secondary Project Owner    <apex:inputfield value="{!opportunity.Secondary_Project_Owner__c}" required="True"/>

Contact    <apex:inputfield value="{!Opportunity.Contact__c}" required="True"/>

Lead Source    <apex:inputfield value="{!opportunity.leadsource}" required="true"/>

<center><h1>Reportable Numbers</h1></center>
            <br></br>

New Jobs Created    <apex:inputfield value="{!opportunity.New_Jobs_Created__c}" required="True"/>

Existing Jobs Retained    <apex:inputfield value="{!opportunity.Existing_Jobs_Retained__c}" required="True"/>

Capital Investment    <apex:inputfield value="{!opportunity.Capital_Investment__c}" required="True"/>

Acreage        <apex:inputfield value="{!opportunity.Acreage__c}" required="True"/>

Square Footage    <apex:inputfield value="{!opportunity.Square_Footage__c}" required="True"/>

Power Requirements    <apex:inputfield value="{!opportunity.Power_Requirements__c}" required="True"/>

<center><h1>Other Reportable Information</h1></center>
            <br></br>

Facility Function/Type    <apex:inputfield value="{!opportunity.Facility_Function_Type__c}" required="True"/>

Decision Drivers    <apex:inputfield value="{!opportunity.Decision_Drivers__c}" required="True"/>

Project Timeline    <apex:inputfield value="{!opportunity.Project_Timeline__c}" required="True"/>

Real Estate Considered    <apex:inputfield value="{!opportunity.Real_Estate_Considered__c}" required="True"/>

Location(s) Considering    <apex:inputfield value="{!opportunity.Locations_Considering__c}" required="True"/>

Competition    <apex:inputfield value="{!opportunity.ND_Competition__c}" required="True"/>

Strategic Benefit    <apex:inputfield value="{!opportunity.Strategic_Benefit__c}" required="True"/>

<apex:pageblock > 
              <apex:commandbutton >
                  <center><apex:commandButton title="New Event or Task" value="New Task" onclick="window.open('/00T/e?','_blank','width=600,height=600,location=no,resizable=yes,toolbar=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=1', 1)"/></center>
              </apex:commandbutton>
      </apex:pageblock>

</apex:page> 
Hello, in Summer 14 sandbox I cannot save changes to a trigger.  I have tried editing the trigger in the Developer Console and the SFDC UI (Setup->Develop->Trigger).

In the Developer Console, I receive the followign exception:

Deployment Error

An Unexpected error has occurred.  1714602615-6412 (1360428526) for deploymentId = 1dr11000000YqmpAAC If this persists, please contact customer support.

I tried deleting the deploymentId, but that hasn't resolved the problem.

In the SFDC UI, I receive the following error:

An internal server error has occurred
An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!

Error ID: 816002992-7076 (-1110139602)

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Hi All,

Just want to share my concerns with the Developer Console. 

Yesterday I was working on some Classes and Triggers but I needed to start coding 3 times (I know right?).

When I was working and writing code, I continuously saved the code and performed some testing. All seemed to be fine until on one moment, the code I had written an hour before, disappeared. Reopening the console, looking in Eclipse, checking on the Admin Menu, nothing. Developments just disappeared. 

This happened to me 3 times!!!! Luckily I started to save my code using Eclipse and Subversion. But nevertheless, quiet annoying and not motivating in using this tool.

Any ideas what could be the problem or just a general issue?

For your information: was using latest version of Chrome/FireFox (both same problem). Internet connection was up.

Kind Regards,

R

• October 30, 2013

123 Anystreet

Dept. ABC

123 Anystreet Dept. ABC

Thanks!

Jim

• September 04, 2012

Hi, I am trying to detect if the current user is a Partner user.  When I look at the API/WSDL, I see a field on the User object named IsPartner.  But, when I add the IsPartner field to a query I receive the following exception:

Error: No such column 'IsPartner' on entity 'User'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

Here's the query I am attempting to execute:

User theUser = [Select u.City, u.CompanyName, u.ContactId, u.Country, u.Email, u.FirstName, u.IsPartner, u.LastName, u.MobilePhone,u.PostalCode, u.State, u.Street from User u Where u.iD=:UserInfo.getUserId()   Limit 1];

What's the best way to determine if the current user is a Partner user?

Thanks!

Hi, I have downloaded the "Download Salesforce for iPhone Simulator" application.  when I open the app a window titled Salesforce Mobile Updater opens and displays some text indicating that it is downloading and inflating SalesforceMobile.zip.  The Salesforce Mobile Updater completes with a line stating "Done!".  But when I launch the iPhone simulator, I don't see a sales force app.  Is there another step to installing the salesforce mobile app on the iPhone simulator?

Thanks!

Hi,

Unable to fetch and save Force.com Components to Project: com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxAccessorF_fullName cannot be cast to com.sun.xm.internal.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor

Abort or Continute Force.com project creation?

==============

while i am creating a new force.com project i got this error: can u please tell me why this error came. i downloaded eclipse and added force.com ide.... when i try to creating a new force.com project i got this error... and i am able to create a force.com project but not getting all existing classes and pages. And not added my new page or class content to the sever when i save. Is it required any other software installations?

Hi,

In our project, we have overridden some of the standard object's new & edit buttons with visualforce pages. Now we have decided to include salesforce mobile into our project scope. And we are testing the app's behaviour in blackberry simulator. But it seems like the overriding feature does not work in mobile (i.e. even though i ve overridden the account's new button with a vf page, in mobile the vf page is not showing up. Instead it is just showing the mobile version of standard account's new page). So, I am wondering whether the "Overridding standard buttons with VF pages" feature is available for mobile or am I missing some configuration setup. Can anyone help me through this?

Thanks in advance,

Sorna

• May 26, 2011

Hi,

I have Edit/New links overriden for some objects, and the Edit/New links Open Custom VF pages.

My issue here is that the VF pages are displaying fine in PC, but in Mobile it is not displaying fine.

Is there any sort of custiomizations we NEED to do to make VF pages in aligned with Mobile Application?

Is there any way we can custmoize settings SEPERATELY for  PC and Mobile Application such that an override link in PC goes to One VF page nad the Same overridden link goes to Another VF page in Mobile Application ?

Help  needed .. urgently, i found that my App is broken in Mobile .. :( ...

• April 14, 2009