• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've created a package that includes a new tab. I'd like the tab to only appear for admin users. When creating the package, I believe I'm setting the permissions appropriately to do this -- but no matter who I log in as, the tab is available on the "tabs" page. Is there a way to achieve what I'm after?

Thanks,

John

I've been working in a development edition environment and have built something that uses an apex page and an apex class. I'm now trying to deploy this to our company's salesforce account so they can test it out. We have an enterprise account, I believe. When I use "Deploy To Server" from ForceIDE, I enter the username, password and security token of a sys admin on the company account. In the screen where it shows me what it will deploy, the apex class is not checked and when I click on it, it says "Component Type not permissible in destination organization".

This is my first attempt at salesforce development and am stuck. Any thoughts on what I'm missing?

Just to be clear, my code is at 92% test coverage -- so that is not the problem.

Thanks

John

I've created a package that includes a new tab. I'd like the tab to only appear for admin users. When creating the package, I believe I'm setting the permissions appropriately to do this -- but no matter who I log in as, the tab is available on the "tabs" page. Is there a way to achieve what I'm after?

Thanks,

John

I've been working in a development edition environment and have built something that uses an apex page and an apex class. I'm now trying to deploy this to our company's salesforce account so they can test it out. We have an enterprise account, I believe. When I use "Deploy To Server" from ForceIDE, I enter the username, password and security token of a sys admin on the company account. In the screen where it shows me what it will deploy, the apex class is not checked and when I click on it, it says "Component Type not permissible in destination organization".

This is my first attempt at salesforce development and am stuck. Any thoughts on what I'm missing?

Just to be clear, my code is at 92% test coverage -- so that is not the problem.

Thanks

John