• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

can someone help with a trigger or an advise howe this can be done

I have a custom object "phone" . There are two fields in it that i need a validation or trigger to work on . the users add data to all the fields . one field " total Kilos"  wherein the user puts an amount . i have another field  "Decision made" which is a checkbox field . when the record goes in for aan approval process,  one of the approvers in the line use their quota of approvals and clicks on this box " decision made" and saves the record. when they then approve , the record is approved and doesnt go to the next approver  .

usually each approver in the line has a limit on how many total kilos they can use their quota to approve .. ie . a sales manager profiel can only be the final approver if the total kilos is 10 .

i need a validation after the checkbox is saved , that checks who has saved the record and what is the total kilos ? if the kilos is above what the approver can use, the field " allow to approve" is checked .

ie. IF ( decsion made = true ,  (profile = sales manager, total kilos = 10 ), (profile = country manager , total kilos = 15) , then update the allow to approve field with a check box  .

• June 07, 2012

can someone help with a popup alert in a custom object once a checkbox box field is ticked .

i am looking to ask the user if they really want to tick the field .

• May 07, 2012

i have a approval process that has 5 steps . at the 5th step this is approved or rejected. at the 3rd step , i would like the approver to update a specific checkbox field and then approve. once done, the approval process should stop there .  if the field is not updated, it goes as normal . how can i specify this criteria in my approval process.

Enter this step if the following criteria is met , else approve record/ next step ?

• April 30, 2012

i have a record that was locked after approval . due to some error, it was unlocked to allow user to make changes. can it now be locked again?

• April 26, 2012

We need to show certain naming conventions in the name of an account . ie . user need to first show the country // year // name

how can we do this . is there any validation rule possible to make all users follow the process in seting a name for an account ?

• March 25, 2012

i have a multipicklist field with around 30 values that users can select . Can anyone help with a validation rule, that allows a user to select a maximum of 10 values . ?

Additionally if the user selects the value all , they get a prompt that asks them to confirm they want to select all . this then saves the record when save is clicked again .

• March 25, 2012

during approval process the record owner changes to the final approver and besides a manual process, i have no way of changing the owner to the creator or submittor of the record.

can i get help oon creating a trigger

- A trigger to evaluate who was the previous owner and once the approval process is finished to change the owner.

or maybe
- A trigger to create a sharing from the actual owner (the last one to approve) to the record creator.

• February 13, 2012

I have an object "waivors" that has an approval process . what i am looking to do is to allow an approver based on his role to approve only 5 records in a month. If he tries to approve a 6th time, he gets an error msg saying he has crossed his limit.

to start this, i need to link the object to the user. i need to create a field "no of approvals" on the user. Roll up summary with coun as the option. The user custom fields dont allow this option .. is there any way i can accomplish this ?

I need to also then create a validation rule that says if user count =5 and user role = country mnagr, then dont allow any more approvals.

appreciate the help.

• January 30, 2012

in a custom object which is linked to accounts, can we restrict the search to show only accounts that are part of an ultimate parent account.

• January 30, 2012

is it possible to recv chatter feeds by users with a particular profile

• December 27, 2011

I have a currency field which i need to change to show only numbers with the decimal . is this possible . any ideas apprciated .

USD 1,200,234    /// 1200234.12

• December 22, 2011

the way an approval process is setup , you can either approve or reject a deal .sometimes there are instances when you dont have to reject a deal but you need some further info, can we somehow create an option to show  "decision pending for further docs" and an email goes back to the initial or previous submitter   to upload or edit the record and then resubmit the same so it can be approved. it is quite tiresome in big processes when you have only a approve and reject option and due to requirement of some data it will be rejected and go thru the entire process.

appreciate any help

• December 22, 2011

how can we show a number field as text ? as this field was created a long time ago , can chnage it . any ideas for a validation rule to show the number as text as it keeps showing as  1, 345, 678 . we need to show as 1345678

• December 22, 2011

i have a checkbox field in a child object . I need a rule that checks this checkbox everytime a new child record is created. if there is one already it should not allow any other child object to be able to tick that checkbox ..

ex . field A is a checkbox . in object test . the parent object is train . everytime a new TEST is created in that object train, i need a rule to check if the checkbox was already ticked earlier, if yes, the user shouldnt be allowed to tick that box.

• December 20, 2011

i have a parent & child object that has a start and end date  . I need a rule that whenever a start/end date is added in the child record, it checks the date is the same or within the date range as shown in the parent record.

• December 20, 2011

can someone help with a popup alert in a custom object once a checkbox box field is ticked .

i am looking to ask the user if they really want to tick the field .

• May 07, 2012

We need to show certain naming conventions in the name of an account . ie . user need to first show the country // year // name

how can we do this . is there any validation rule possible to make all users follow the process in seting a name for an account ?

• March 25, 2012

I have a currency field which i need to change to show only numbers with the decimal . is this possible . any ideas apprciated .

USD 1,200,234    /// 1200234.12

• December 22, 2011

i have a checkbox field in a child object . I need a rule that checks this checkbox everytime a new child record is created. if there is one already it should not allow any other child object to be able to tick that checkbox ..

ex . field A is a checkbox . in object test . the parent object is train . everytime a new TEST is created in that object train, i need a rule to check if the checkbox was already ticked earlier, if yes, the user shouldnt be allowed to tick that box.

• December 20, 2011

i have a parent & child object that has a start and end date  . I need a rule that whenever a start/end date is added in the child record, it checks the date is the same or within the date range as shown in the parent record.

• December 20, 2011