• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi;

I've been googling all over the place and found that you can supposedly mass delete reports using the IDE.  Since I used it a month ago to blow up some Apex classes, I decided to give it a try and "destructively remove" a bunch of garbage reports and dashboards my org inherited ( thinking I'd try views  right after :-?  )

After waiting almost an hour for the query so finish polling the selected metadata (about halfway through the list of reports), I selected a couple and hit DELETE.  The IDE asks if I want them deleted on both sides, I select yes and the report folders are not listed in the IDE anymore.  -So far, right as the couple blogs I googled state it works.

Then I'd go to my org in the browser, search for the report folders.... and there they are !

I selected  just one and hit Delete. Nothing either.

So it didn't delete. Alright, perhaps I should save the src folder with the server ??? Nope. Doesn't do anything but show useless prompts.

Perhaps sync with server ? That takes me to the Sync Team screen, where I delete again,   re-sync and .... Nothing. My indestructible SFDC reports are still there.

So I finally read that the forcecom literature states that the 'package.xml'  file must be renamed to 'destructive changes.xml'... Right.... "Renaming not supported in this IDE, go use Salesforce" !!!

It might be extremely evident how frustrating this is for me. I would apreciate it a lot if someone shows me what the correct procedure is nowadays since what I found in the web posts doesn't work at all.

Thanks in advance

Hi;

I've been googling all over the place and found that you can supposedly mass delete reports using the IDE.  Since I used it a month ago to blow up some Apex classes, I decided to give it a try and "destructively remove" a bunch of garbage reports and dashboards my org inherited ( thinking I'd try views  right after :-?  )

After waiting almost an hour for the query so finish polling the selected metadata (about halfway through the list of reports), I selected a couple and hit DELETE.  The IDE asks if I want them deleted on both sides, I select yes and the report folders are not listed in the IDE anymore.  -So far, right as the couple blogs I googled state it works.

Then I'd go to my org in the browser, search for the report folders.... and there they are !

I selected  just one and hit Delete. Nothing either.

So it didn't delete. Alright, perhaps I should save the src folder with the server ??? Nope. Doesn't do anything but show useless prompts.

Perhaps sync with server ? That takes me to the Sync Team screen, where I delete again,   re-sync and .... Nothing. My indestructible SFDC reports are still there.

So I finally read that the forcecom literature states that the 'package.xml'  file must be renamed to 'destructive changes.xml'... Right.... "Renaming not supported in this IDE, go use Salesforce" !!!

It might be extremely evident how frustrating this is for me. I would apreciate it a lot if someone shows me what the correct procedure is nowadays since what I found in the web posts doesn't work at all.

Thanks in advance

Can anyone suggest, how ca we delete apex class from production.

please provide step-step process to delete it from prod. through Force.com Eclipse.

• October 29, 2010

anyone know how to find out what edition of salesforce an org has i.e. unlimited, enterprise, professional etc..