• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

My company has a custom object which we assign the ownership of to different portal users, based on who is working the record. The issue is, that any portal user can search and view any record of this object type. We cannot have that as there is sensitive, confidential information on them sometimes. Is there a way to have this object only visible to the portal user who is assigned ownership?

• December 18, 2012

I have a vf page in a standard object, working the kinks out, my biggest obstacle is having the "save" button load just the VF component [page] and not the entire page. As is is now, the button loads the entire page within the iframe which initially holds just the vf page on the Lead page layout. How can i get the "Save" button within the VF page component to either save and reload the parent widow, or to only reload the component within its own iframe?

Here is the VF page code:

<apex:page standardController="Lead" rendered="true">

<style type="text/css">
.rowalt {
    background: #E1E9EA;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    border: 0px;
}
</style>

<apex:form >

<apex:pageBlock mode="inlineEdit" title="Warehousing" id="Warehousing">
<apex:pageBlockButtons >
    <apex:commandButton action="{!Save}" id="saveButton" value="Save"/>
    <apex:commandButton onclick="resetInlineEdit()" id="cancelButton" value="Cancel"/>
</apex:pageBlockButtons>
<apex:inlineEditSupport showOnEdit="saveButton, cancelButton"  hideOnEdit="editButton" event="ondblclick"  

changedStyleClass="myBoldClass" resetFunction="resetInlineEdit"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection columns="1">

<apex:pageBlockTable style="cellspacing: 0px; cellpadding: 0px;"  id="WarehousingLables" value="{!Lead}" var="L" 

columns="4" >
        <apex:column headerValue=" ">
        <tr>
            <td width="16%" align="right"><strong>Number: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td width="28%"><apex:outputField label="Number: " value="{!Lead.Number_Ws__c}"/></td>
            <td width="28%"><apex:outputField label="Number: " value="{!Lead.Number_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td width="28%"><apex:outputField label="Number: " value="{!Lead.Number_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr class="rowalt">
            <td align="right"><strong>Locations - Cities: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Locations (City): " value="{!Lead.Locations_City_Ws__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Locations (City): " value="{!Lead.Locations_City_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Locations (City): " value="{!Lead.Locations_City_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr>
            <td align="right"><strong>State: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField value="{!Lead.State_Ws__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField value="{!Lead.State_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField value="{!Lead.State_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr class="rowalt">
            <td align="right"><strong>Country: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Country: " value="{!Lead.Country_Ws__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Country: " value="{!Lead.Country_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Country: " value="{!Lead.Country_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr>
            <td align="right"><strong>Square Feet: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Square Feet: " value="{!Lead.Square_Feet_Ws__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Square Feet: " value="{!Lead.Square_Feet_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Square Feet: " value="{!Lead.Square_Feet_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr class="rowalt">
            <td align="right"><strong>EEs: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="EE's: " value="{!Lead.EEs_Ws__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="EE's: " value="{!Lead.EEs_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="EE's: " value="{!Lead.EEs_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr>
            <td align="right"><strong>Run By: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><center>—</center></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Run By: " value="{!Lead.Run_By_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Run By: " value="{!Lead.Run_By_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr class="rowalt">
            <td align="right"><strong>Contract Structure: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Contract Structure: " value="{!Lead.Contract_Structure_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Contract Structure: " value="{!Lead.Contract_Structure_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr>
            <td align="right"><strong>Exp. Date: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Exp. Date: " value="{!Lead.Exp_Date_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Exp. Date: " value="{!Lead.Exp_Date_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr class="rowalt">
            <td align="right"><strong>Lease Owner: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Lease Owner: " value="{!Lead.Lease_Owner_ws__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Lease Owner: " value="{!Lead.Lease_Owner_Wd__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr>
            <td align="right"><strong>Lease Exp. Date: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Lease Exp. Date: " value="{!Lead.Lease_Exp_Date_Ws__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Lease Exp. Date: " value="{!Lead.Lease_Exp_Date_Wd__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr class="rowalt">
            <td align="right"><strong>WMS: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="WMS: " value="{!Lead.WMS_Ws__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="WMS: " value="{!Lead.WMS_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="WMS: " value="{!Lead.WMS_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr>
            <td align="right"><strong>ERP: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="ERP: " value="{!Lead.ERP_Ws__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="ERP: " value="{!Lead.ERP_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="ERP: " value="{!Lead.ERP_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        </apex:column>
        <apex:column headerValue="Self-Managed" >
        <apex:column headerValue="Dedicated">
        <apex:column headerValue="Multi-Client">
        <apex:column >

</apex:pageBlockTable>

</apex:pageblocksection>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>

</apex:page>

• August 27, 2012

I have a VF page inline on a custom object. It has various custom fields, and upon saving it reloads just the section that the VF page is in, not the entire page. Additionally, it reloads the entire detail page [side bar header and all], not just the VF page. Is there a way to either have the entire window refresh, or have the inline area refresh with just the VF page, and nothing else.

On a custom object I have [Work Order], I have a custom link which is intended to add a contact to an account defined in the lookup field on the Work Order [this is a lookup relationship, not a master-detail]. I have it all set up so that upon clicking the custom link on the Work Order, a small window pops up with the contact fields I want, and upon clicking the "save" button it successfully saves to the appropriate account - it just has to be manually entered.

I just want to some how carry the account listed in the "Contractor Account" lookup field on the workorder, into the account lookup field for the contact in the VF page that the link pops up. I know it is not a very big deal to just type it out, but anything to easy and hasten the proccesses is a help.

Is this possible?

Also, a side issue not terribly important, is I would prefer the window to close after saving the new contact, but it loads the new contact's page in the popup.

Here is the visualforce page I created:

<apex:page standardController="Contact" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" showChat="false">

<apex:pageBlock mode="inlineEdit" id="AddTech" >

<apex:inlineEditSupport showOnEdit="saveButton, cancelButton"  hideOnEdit="editButton" event="ondblclick"  changedStyleClass="myBoldClass" resetFunction="resetInlineEdit"/>

<apex:outputPanel id="AddTech">
            <apex:commandButton action="{!Save}" id="saveButton" value="Save" status="closer"/>
            <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" onclick="window.top.close()"/>
            <apex:actionStatus startText="(Saving...)" stopText="" onStop="window.top.close();" id="closer"/>
        </apex:outputPanel>

<apex:pageBlockSection >

<apex:outputField title="Account" value="{!Contact.AccountId}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Title" value="{!Contact.Title}"/>
            <apex:repeat value="{!$ObjectType.Contact.FieldSets.Name}" var="name">
                <apex:outputField value="{!Contact[name]}"></apex:outputField></apex:repeat>
            <apex:outputField title="Mobile Phone" value="{!Contact.MobilePhone}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Email" value="{!Contact.Email}"/>

</apex:pageBlockSection>

and the custom link on the work order has the content source listed as URL, and that URL is:

/apex/page/AddTechWO

My company has a few clients who we have granted a portal to. We want them to be able to see the Opportunities which their user is the owner of, as well as the custom object "work Order" which is the Opportunities child. My issue is I cannot seem to limit the work order visibility to only those pertaining to them. The opportunities are only visible to the portal user if they are assigned as the owner and no other opportunities are available, but for whatever reason I cannot seem to accomplish this with the work orders even though they are assigned as the owner of the work order as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I created a visualforce page to add to one of my custom object layouts, so that basically I can have a group of fields display based on what is selected in a particular pick list. I added the command buttons 'Save' and 'Cancel' so that the choices can be saved once input. I have two minor issues; the more important one is that I want the page to refresh when save is clicked. Currently only the component area refreshes, not the entire page [it reloads a page within the page]. I want to make it so the parent page refreshes...or so that just the content area reloads and it doesn’t load the entire page inside a small box on the page.

Better yet, if I can have just the content area reload when a dropdown option is selected, rather than having to choose a dropdown option, save, then input fields, and save again. But, most pressing is having the parent page refresh rather than the component on save.

here is the code for what I added:

<apex:page standardController="Shipping__c" 
        tabStyle="Shipping__c">

<apex:pageBlock title="Edit Matrix" id="EditMatrix" mode="edit">

<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
        <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/>               

<apex:pageBlockTable id="matrix" value="{!Shipping__c}" var="Shipping__c" >

<apex:column headerValue="display">
            <apex:actionRegion >        
            <apex:actionSupport event="onclick" reRender="matrix">
              <apex:inputField value="{!Shipping__c.test__c}"/>
            </apex:actionsupport>
            </apex:actionRegion>

<apex:column headerValue="display matrix" rendered="{! IF(Shipping__c.test__c="one",TRUE,False)}">
            <apex:inputField value="{!Shipping__c.three__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Shipping__c.two__c}"/>

<apex:column headerValue="display matrix" rendered="{! IF(Shipping__c.test__c="two",TRUE,False)}">
            <apex:inputField value="{!Shipping__c.one__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Shipping__c.four__c}"/>

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Just started using Force.com IDE and I've got some questions, probably very simple. Sorry if these seem inconsequential or a waste of time - they aren't very critical questions, but I just like to fully comprehend the programs I use.

So, Ideally I'd like my local files to reflect whats in production as accurately as possible, so I do not have to do all this logging in and selecting of specific data every time I start something new. The question is if doing something like that is advisable, or a poor idea?   

-----------------------------------

I'm sure they aren't duplicates, but I was wondering why are there two listings of custom fields on custom objects when choosing the metadata components on creation of a new project.?

I know there are some other posts about this, but I cannot make much sense of them I am new to apex and salesforce, learned a considerable amount in the time I've been working with it, but right now Im up against a wall, and its BAD

I, for whatever reason, could not make opportunities in my sandbox, could not figure out why, but wanted to try this trigger. So like a fool I put it to production. No nobody can create or edit anything [a Work order - custom object we use to project details]  We NEED this to work. My company is at a halt, I NEED to remove or disable this trigger asap.

I tried to mark it as inactive in sandbox, and push it to production, but it says "Average test coverage across all Apex Classes and Triggers is 72%, at least 75% test coverage is required." I have NOO idea what this means and no time to figure anything out. Needless to say - I am freaking out. PLEASE someone help.

I have a vf page in a standard object, working the kinks out, my biggest obstacle is having the "save" button load just the VF component [page] and not the entire page. As is is now, the button loads the entire page within the iframe which initially holds just the vf page on the Lead page layout. How can i get the "Save" button within the VF page component to either save and reload the parent widow, or to only reload the component within its own iframe?

Here is the VF page code:

<apex:page standardController="Lead" rendered="true">

<style type="text/css">
.rowalt {
    background: #E1E9EA;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    border: 0px;
}
</style>

<apex:pageBlock mode="inlineEdit" title="Warehousing" id="Warehousing">
    <apex:commandButton action="{!Save}" id="saveButton" value="Save"/>
    <apex:commandButton onclick="resetInlineEdit()" id="cancelButton" value="Cancel"/>
<apex:inlineEditSupport showOnEdit="saveButton, cancelButton"  hideOnEdit="editButton" event="ondblclick"  

changedStyleClass="myBoldClass" resetFunction="resetInlineEdit"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection columns="1">

<apex:pageBlockTable style="cellspacing: 0px; cellpadding: 0px;"  id="WarehousingLables" value="{!Lead}" var="L" 

columns="4" >
        <apex:column headerValue=" ">
        <tr>
            <td width="16%" align="right"><strong>Number: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td width="28%"><apex:outputField label="Number: " value="{!Lead.Number_Ws__c}"/></td>
            <td width="28%"><apex:outputField label="Number: " value="{!Lead.Number_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td width="28%"><apex:outputField label="Number: " value="{!Lead.Number_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr class="rowalt">
            <td align="right"><strong>Locations - Cities: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Locations (City): " value="{!Lead.Locations_City_Ws__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Locations (City): " value="{!Lead.Locations_City_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Locations (City): " value="{!Lead.Locations_City_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr>
            <td align="right"><strong>State: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField value="{!Lead.State_Ws__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField value="{!Lead.State_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField value="{!Lead.State_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr class="rowalt">
            <td align="right"><strong>Country: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Country: " value="{!Lead.Country_Ws__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Country: " value="{!Lead.Country_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Country: " value="{!Lead.Country_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr>
            <td align="right"><strong>Square Feet: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Square Feet: " value="{!Lead.Square_Feet_Ws__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Square Feet: " value="{!Lead.Square_Feet_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Square Feet: " value="{!Lead.Square_Feet_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr class="rowalt">
            <td align="right"><strong>EEs: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="EE's: " value="{!Lead.EEs_Ws__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="EE's: " value="{!Lead.EEs_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="EE's: " value="{!Lead.EEs_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr>
            <td align="right"><strong>Run By: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Run By: " value="{!Lead.Run_By_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Run By: " value="{!Lead.Run_By_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr class="rowalt">
            <td align="right"><strong>Contract Structure: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Contract Structure: " value="{!Lead.Contract_Structure_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Contract Structure: " value="{!Lead.Contract_Structure_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr>
            <td align="right"><strong>Exp. Date: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Exp. Date: " value="{!Lead.Exp_Date_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Exp. Date: " value="{!Lead.Exp_Date_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr class="rowalt">
            <td align="right"><strong>Lease Owner: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Lease Owner: " value="{!Lead.Lease_Owner_ws__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Lease Owner: " value="{!Lead.Lease_Owner_Wd__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr>
            <td align="right"><strong>Lease Exp. Date: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Lease Exp. Date: " value="{!Lead.Lease_Exp_Date_Ws__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="Lease Exp. Date: " value="{!Lead.Lease_Exp_Date_Wd__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr class="rowalt">
            <td align="right"><strong>WMS: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="WMS: " value="{!Lead.WMS_Ws__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="WMS: " value="{!Lead.WMS_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="WMS: " value="{!Lead.WMS_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <tr>
            <td align="right"><strong>ERP: &nbsp;&nbsp;</strong></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="ERP: " value="{!Lead.ERP_Ws__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="ERP: " value="{!Lead.ERP_Wd__c}"/></td>
            <td><apex:outputField label="ERP: " value="{!Lead.ERP_Wm__c}"/></td>

</tr>
        <apex:column headerValue="Self-Managed" >
        <apex:column headerValue="Dedicated">
        <apex:column headerValue="Multi-Client">
        <apex:column >

</apex:pageblocksection>

• August 27, 2012

I have a VF page inline on a custom object. It has various custom fields, and upon saving it reloads just the section that the VF page is in, not the entire page. Additionally, it reloads the entire detail page [side bar header and all], not just the VF page. Is there a way to either have the entire window refresh, or have the inline area refresh with just the VF page, and nothing else.

My company has a few clients who we have granted a portal to. We want them to be able to see the Opportunities which their user is the owner of, as well as the custom object "work Order" which is the Opportunities child. My issue is I cannot seem to limit the work order visibility to only those pertaining to them. The opportunities are only visible to the portal user if they are assigned as the owner and no other opportunities are available, but for whatever reason I cannot seem to accomplish this with the work orders even though they are assigned as the owner of the work order as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I created a visualforce page to add to one of my custom object layouts, so that basically I can have a group of fields display based on what is selected in a particular pick list. I added the command buttons 'Save' and 'Cancel' so that the choices can be saved once input. I have two minor issues; the more important one is that I want the page to refresh when save is clicked. Currently only the component area refreshes, not the entire page [it reloads a page within the page]. I want to make it so the parent page refreshes...or so that just the content area reloads and it doesn’t load the entire page inside a small box on the page.

Better yet, if I can have just the content area reload when a dropdown option is selected, rather than having to choose a dropdown option, save, then input fields, and save again. But, most pressing is having the parent page refresh rather than the component on save.

here is the code for what I added:

<apex:page standardController="Shipping__c" 
        tabStyle="Shipping__c">

<apex:pageBlock title="Edit Matrix" id="EditMatrix" mode="edit">

<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
        <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/>               

<apex:pageBlockTable id="matrix" value="{!Shipping__c}" var="Shipping__c" >

<apex:column headerValue="display">
            <apex:actionRegion >        
            <apex:actionSupport event="onclick" reRender="matrix">
              <apex:inputField value="{!Shipping__c.test__c}"/>
            </apex:actionsupport>
            </apex:actionRegion>

<apex:column headerValue="display matrix" rendered="{! IF(Shipping__c.test__c="one",TRUE,False)}">
            <apex:inputField value="{!Shipping__c.three__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Shipping__c.two__c}"/>

<apex:column headerValue="display matrix" rendered="{! IF(Shipping__c.test__c="two",TRUE,False)}">
            <apex:inputField value="{!Shipping__c.one__c}"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Shipping__c.four__c}"/>

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Just started using Force.com IDE and I've got some questions, probably very simple. Sorry if these seem inconsequential or a waste of time - they aren't very critical questions, but I just like to fully comprehend the programs I use.

So, Ideally I'd like my local files to reflect whats in production as accurately as possible, so I do not have to do all this logging in and selecting of specific data every time I start something new. The question is if doing something like that is advisable, or a poor idea?   

-----------------------------------

I'm sure they aren't duplicates, but I was wondering why are there two listings of custom fields on custom objects when choosing the metadata components on creation of a new project.?

I know there are some other posts about this, but I cannot make much sense of them I am new to apex and salesforce, learned a considerable amount in the time I've been working with it, but right now Im up against a wall, and its BAD

I, for whatever reason, could not make opportunities in my sandbox, could not figure out why, but wanted to try this trigger. So like a fool I put it to production. No nobody can create or edit anything [a Work order - custom object we use to project details]  We NEED this to work. My company is at a halt, I NEED to remove or disable this trigger asap.

I tried to mark it as inactive in sandbox, and push it to production, but it says "Average test coverage across all Apex Classes and Triggers is 72%, at least 75% test coverage is required." I have NOO idea what this means and no time to figure anything out. Needless to say - I am freaking out. PLEASE someone help.