Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I have 2 methods,

1. public pageReference test1(){} method -- called from detail page button

2. webservice static String test2(){} method -- called from custom button on the vf page

These methods has same code, but the invocation is from different places.

is there any way to create a common method out of these 2 methods so that it holds the common code and we can just have a call to that common method in test1() and test2().

please advice...

I have a chatter feed that inserts a file, the file record can be seen in 'notes and attachment' section of the object's detail page. But notes and attachment section will not be shown the inserted file until the page is refreshed. I need somethig like, whenever i insert/upload a file from chatter the page should be refreshed. please advice

I have a chatter feed that inserts a file, the file record can be seen in 'notes and attachment' section of the object's detail page. But notes and attachment section will not be shown the inserted file until the page is refreshed. I need somethig like, whenever i insert/upload a file from chatter the page should be refreshed. please advice

Hi,

I need to get the name (title) of the file uploaded by chatter. when i upload by selecting a file from salesforce i'm able to get the title from ContentVersion but when i upload a file from desktop, the RelatedRocordId in ContentVersion does not have any record. Can some one please help me to find out how to get the title of the file in this case?

I have gone through the API's i did not find any relationship betweeen ContentDocument and FeedItem. Where as there is a relationship between FeedItem and ContentVersion. But if the file not a content (uploaded from local machine) then there will not be any data present in the ContentVersion for the uploaded file. Please Advice.

below code works fine if the file is a content or uploaded a file from Salesforce via chatter. But it wont work if the file is uploaded from local.

Sample code:

Trigger on FeedItem

List<FeedItem> statusFeeds = trigger.new;

for(FeedItem fd : statusFeeds){

List<ContentVersion> cvList = [select id, ContentDocumentId, Title fromContentVersionwhere Id = :fd.RelatedRecordId limit 1];

Status__c = fd.Body;

Attachment_Link__c = System.Label.ServerURL + '/'+ cvList[0].ContentDocumentId;

File_Name__c = cvList[0].Title;

}

Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need to get the link of the file shared/attached in chatter feed.

FeedItem does not have information related to this. FeedItem has RelatedRecordId which is a ID of a ContentVersion. But i could not able to get the link for that file. can someone please guide me or share the code how to get the link to that file. since i need to use that link in some custom object where the user should be able to go to that file on click on the link.

Thanks in advance 

Hi,

I have a object in which few fields are enabled for feed tracking. whenever any changes on those fields, the follower is intimated and the same is posted on the chatter on the records detail page. My requirement is to copy these feeds and post it again on chatter groups. i could able to do this for direct chatter updates (i have written a trigger on feeditem to track this) but when any field changes, feeditem in not getting called. i supose this is not handled by feeditem.

Can someone please guide me how to track it programatically?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Below is the requirement.

I have 3 records a,b and c and I need to track the chatter posts of these 3 records. Instead of going to each record and check the chatter post, I need to create a chatter group and I need to push a chatter post on these records to that chatter group. So that people who are part of this group can check the posts on a,b and c in the chatter group.

I'm not sure if this can be achievable using sfdc api.

Please suggest the solution as soon as possible.

Hi,

I need to get the name (title) of the file uploaded by chatter. when i upload by selecting a file from salesforce i'm able to get the title from ContentVersion but when i upload a file from desktop, the RelatedRocordId in ContentVersion does not have any record. Can some one please help me to find out how to get the title of the file in this case?

I have gone through the API's i did not find any relationship betweeen ContentDocument and FeedItem. Where as there is a relationship between FeedItem and ContentVersion. But if the file not a content (uploaded from local machine) then there will not be any data present in the ContentVersion for the uploaded file. Please Advice.

below code works fine if the file is a content or uploaded a file from Salesforce via chatter. But it wont work if the file is uploaded from local.

Sample code:

Trigger on FeedItem

List<FeedItem> statusFeeds = trigger.new;

for(FeedItem fd : statusFeeds){

List<ContentVersion> cvList = [select id, ContentDocumentId, Title fromContentVersionwhere Id = :fd.RelatedRecordId limit 1];

Status__c = fd.Body;

Attachment_Link__c = System.Label.ServerURL + '/'+ cvList[0].ContentDocumentId;

File_Name__c = cvList[0].Title;

}

Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need to get the link of the file shared/attached in chatter feed.

FeedItem does not have information related to this. FeedItem has RelatedRecordId which is a ID of a ContentVersion. But i could not able to get the link for that file. can someone please guide me or share the code how to get the link to that file. since i need to use that link in some custom object where the user should be able to go to that file on click on the link.

Thanks in advance 

Hi,

I have a object in which few fields are enabled for feed tracking. whenever any changes on those fields, the follower is intimated and the same is posted on the chatter on the records detail page. My requirement is to copy these feeds and post it again on chatter groups. i could able to do this for direct chatter updates (i have written a trigger on feeditem to track this) but when any field changes, feeditem in not getting called. i supose this is not handled by feeditem.

Can someone please guide me how to track it programatically?

Thanks in advance!

Is it possible to configure your personal Chatter posts to be automatically posted to one or more groups?

Is it possible to post to a colaboration group via apex. i have a trigger on task that need to post to a group not all of chatter. Im most confused how i would handle the insert post command.