• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

How can I write Stored Procedure calls in DBAmp to post data from MySql to Salesforce. And we are using "ForceAmp". And am confused in getting to know how to open the ForceAmp application.

Regards

Can anyone let me know what are the new features that have come in Salesforce1. What can be achieved in user and developer perspectives. How to use and implement it.

What is Platform APIs?

Are there any specific documents detailing/explaining such features.

Regards

Hi,

I would like to know if we can create scheduled reports in Professional Edition and if so how many are reports are allowed.

Regards

Hi all, 

I would like to know how many custom fields can be created on an object in an professional edition?

Regards

Hi,

I have got a "Professional Edition" with 8 "Salesforce Licensed users" and we'd also paid some amount for enabling "Web Services APIs". Now that we are willing to upgrade to "Enterprise Edition", I would like to know certain things in this regard:

1. As Enterprise Edition would have "Web Services APIs" enabled by default, will the amount that we'd paid earlier for "Web Services APIs" be refunded?
  2. Do we need to have the same nuber of users (8) as in "Professional Edition" and under the same licenses while upgrading to "Enterprise Edition". For ex., as we have got 8 "Salesforce licensed users", while upgrading can I have 2 "salesforce licenseed users" and 6 "Force.com licensed users". Is this possible.

Best Regards

Hi,

I am following "Force.com Canvas Developer's Guide" (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/platform_connect/canvas_framework.pdf) and I got struck with "Clone the Project from GitHub" section, wherein the command prompt is not taking these following commands "Enter the command git submodule init" and "Enter the command git submodule update". Can anyone let me what went wrong.

Thanx 

Hi,

What if I have got couple of users with Salesforce license and a couple with Force.com license in my enterprice edition, so I would like to know what are the limitations for those under Force.com license. Like, to how many apps thay can access, the number of tabs, custom objects, standard objects they are limited to. 

What if I have installed a couple or more external apps from appExchange, will my users under Force.com license be able to access them.

Thanx

Hi,

My client uses Professional Edition and has got the "Integration via Web Services APIs" enabled (paid). Now I would like to know what are the different features that come by enabling this feature.

Would like to know if we can connect to external applications if this is enabled, especially for connecting AS400. I am looking for making a connection for AS400 with Salesforce (to and fro) for certain data exchange. 

Thanx

Hi, 

I got a requirement wherein if a user adds a new contact then certain fields of its respective account record's must get auto-saved. In this process, I have got a picklist and a multi-picklist in the account object and I am using formula fields to get them auto-saved. I could achieve this for picklist value however, I am not able to do the same for multi-picklist. So, could any know let me know if there is any other alternative to this.

Note : I am using Professional Edition

Regards

Hi,

I would like to know if the following scenario is possible or not.

While a user is adding a new customer to an existing account, can the account fields like "addresses, phone,etc" be auto-populated (mapped) in the new contact record ?

The edition I am using is Professional Edition.

Thanks

Hi,

I have AS400 software which is at remote location. And every week there would be data records (in EXCEL) exported from AS400. Now, I would like to have these data records to be imported into Salesforce automatically on weekly basis. 

So, could someone let me know if this process is achievable or is there any other alternative to this.

Best Regards

Hi,

I would like to customize my "Printable View" for displaying limited number of fields using Visualforce page. And would like to include the related lists (Activity History) style as they are displayed in the normal printable view. So, is there a way to achieve this one.

I am using Professional Edition.

Best Regards

Hi,

I have got a php application and got php web services as well. Now I am supposed to integrate this php application with Salesforce. So, here I would like to know how I could use "Connected Apps" to integrate. 

Regards

Sapthagiri

Hi,

Is there a way to display multi picklist values beyond 150 values. As Salesforce custom multi picklist holds only 150 values in it.  http://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/picklist_limitations.htm

At the moment I have got around 600 values which I would like to display in a multi-picklist. Any solution/work around would be greatful.

Thanks and Regards

Hi,

I have got Professional edition and have created a VF page(for Detailed Page) using standard controller in Leads section and have override the standard layout. Now is there a possibility to have inline edit (& Save) option available in this VF page by not writing a controller.

Regards

Hi,

I have got Professional Edition. My requirement is :

A "Lead" has got multiple contacts and when converted to an "Account", all the available contacts for that particular "Lead" must come under that respective converted "Account". 

Regards

Hi,

A "Lead" has got multiple contacts and when converted to an "Account", all the available contacts for that particular "Lead" must come under that respective converted "Account". 

Regards

Hi everyone,

I would like to know how we can integrate Saleforce with UpSync

Best Regards

Hi,

I would like to enable my search functionality when "Enter" key is pressed in the input text field. Can someone help me out with this.

Best Regards

Hello everyone,

I have got a requirement where there is a list of records in a table, so when clicked on any row, then an action should perform showing its subsequent records in another table and at the same time if clicked on the value in the table row, then page should redirect to another page where it displays the value's overview.

I did get one of the above mentioned functionality, like when clicked on the value in the table row, the page gets redirected to its overview page.

So, is it possible to hvae 2 onclick events or 2 action function for a single command link.

Best Regards

Hi,

My client uses Professional Edition and has got the "Integration via Web Services APIs" enabled (paid). Now I would like to know what are the different features that come by enabling this feature.

Would like to know if we can connect to external applications if this is enabled, especially for connecting AS400. I am looking for making a connection for AS400 with Salesforce (to and fro) for certain data exchange. 

Thanx

Hi, 

I got a requirement wherein if a user adds a new contact then certain fields of its respective account record's must get auto-saved. In this process, I have got a picklist and a multi-picklist in the account object and I am using formula fields to get them auto-saved. I could achieve this for picklist value however, I am not able to do the same for multi-picklist. So, could any know let me know if there is any other alternative to this.

Note : I am using Professional Edition

Regards

Hi,

I would like to know if the following scenario is possible or not.

While a user is adding a new customer to an existing account, can the account fields like "addresses, phone,etc" be auto-populated (mapped) in the new contact record ?

The edition I am using is Professional Edition.

Thanks

Hi,

I have got a php application and got php web services as well. Now I am supposed to integrate this php application with Salesforce. So, here I would like to know how I could use "Connected Apps" to integrate. 

Regards

Sapthagiri

Hi,

Is there a way to display multi picklist values beyond 150 values. As Salesforce custom multi picklist holds only 150 values in it.  http://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/picklist_limitations.htm

At the moment I have got around 600 values which I would like to display in a multi-picklist. Any solution/work around would be greatful.

Thanks and Regards

Hi,

I have got Professional edition and have created a VF page(for Detailed Page) using standard controller in Leads section and have override the standard layout. Now is there a possibility to have inline edit (& Save) option available in this VF page by not writing a controller.

Regards

Hi,

Regards

Hi,

Regards

i need the validation for the name field.it should not contain numbers and special characters.

<apex:page controoller=""s>

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem >Name:</apex:pageBlockSectionItem>

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem ><apex:inputText value="{!name}" id="name"/></apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
<apex:pageblockButtons >
<apex:commandButton value="save" action="{!find}"/>
</apex:pageblockButtons>
</apex:page>

public class S
{  
    public string name{get;set;}

Hi all,

I have a requirement where there are two picklist (Region and City Names) in the same object. Upon selecting Region, its respective Cities must be seen in the City Names picklist and I have made these two as dependent picklist. Here, I am using a VF page and I am not able to achieve dependent picklist. 

So, I need a help in here to get my issue solved.

Best Regards

Hi,

How can we upload a file/image using apex conroller and it has to be saved into custom objects.

Regards

Sapthagiri Reddy

Is it possible to download binary files?

If not, what solution to use for downloading to an external service

public Blob fileBody{get;set;}  

OAuth oa = new OAuth();

oa.setService('AmazonS3');

Http h = new Http();

HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest();

req.setMethod('PUT');

req.setEndpoint('https://amazons3.....');

req.setBody(fileBody);

try {

HTTPResponse res = http.send(req);   

System.debug(res.toString());

System.debug('STATUS:'+res.getStatus());

System.debug('STATUS_CODE:'+res.getStatusCode());

catch(System.CalloutException e) {

}  

So I never thought I would be hitting this limit but here I am. I did a search on this and nothing came up so it looks like I'm one of the few to hit this limit.

Maximum view state size limit (128K) exceeded. Actual viewstate size for this page was 174.281K.

Hmm. So what can I do to measure this and control it. Is there any field I can output to monitor what my viewstate while developing?

Thanks,
Jason

Message Edited by TehNrd on 08-26-2008 03:03 PM
  • August 26, 2008
How do I configure DBAMP to point to my test environment of SFDC?
  • October 27, 2005