• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We are currently using a homegrown SSO system using SAML for our customer portal.  We are looking to migrate to another system but are having problems to find the right solution among so many options and prices. So, I am looking for some recommendations from people with experience implementing SAML with salesforce and the systems they have used. 

Thanks in advance.

I am currently hitting the limit for 100 SOQL queries. I have a method that takes a case ID and returns a boolean to indicate if the case has a public article attached or not. The problem is that I cannot see the way to have this method work in bulk, that meaning, taking a list or a set of case ids and returning a map of caseis and booleans. 

This is the code currently working for a single case (or for a small number of cases). I want to be able to call the getPubliArticles method like this:

map<Id, Boolean> caseArticlesmap = getPublicArticles(caseids); //so that then I can iterate over this map.

These are the methods tha I am currently using.

private List<KnowledgeArticleVersion> loadArticlesAttachedToCase(){
        List<KnowledgeArticleVersion> attachedArticles = new List<KnowledgeArticleVersion>();

List<CaseArticle> caseAssociations = [
            select KnowledgeArticleId, ArticleLanguage
            from CaseArticle
            where CaseId =:CaseId];

if (caseAssociations != null && caseAssociations.size() > 0){

for (CaseArticle association : caseAssociations){
                String strKnowledgeArticleId = association.KnowledgeArticleId;
                String strArticleLanguage = association.ArticleLanguage;

String aQry = 'select id, Title, KnowledgeArticleId, Language, UrlName '
                            + 'from KnowledgeArticleVersion '
                            + 'where KnowledgeArticleId = :strKnowledgeArticleId '
                            + 'and PublishStatus = \'Online\' '
                            + 'and Language = :strArticleLanguage '
                            + 'and IsVisibleInPKB = true '
                            + 'order by KnowledgeArticleId';

List<KnowledgeArticleVersion> kav = Database.query(aQry);
                if (kav.size() > 0) {
                    attachedArticles.add(kav[0]);
                }
            }
        }

return attachedArticles;
    }

Thanks in advance! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

How do I instantiate the "Page" in a VF email template. 

I have VF email template that contains a component, the component uses a custom controller. Can anyone please provide an example of a test method in this scenario?

Thanks in advance.

Is it possible to filter out articles by channel using knowledge:articlelist?

I would like to retrieve only articles from certain channels.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_compref_knowledge_articleList.htm

Thanks!

Hi All,

I have been asked if we can store our documentation as knowledge base articles. This sounds doable if you think of every document page as an individual article.

The problem I see is that, if the documentation needs to have an index and every article(page) needs to be related to another or have previous or next links. I don't see how can you keep that relation after importing the documents as articles. Also, links in pages to other pages would be lost.

Our documentation currently looks pretty much like this. http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index.htm (index, table of contents, relative links to other pages).

Any ideas about how can we keep the current indexing after importing the articles?

Has anyone worked on something like this or think this can be done using the KB platform?.

Thanks!

I need to integrate two salesforce orgs to transfer cases between them, what are the alternatives to S2F? Are there any Appexchange apps for these scenarios?.

If using web services is the only alternative, are there any examples of using web services between two saleforce orgs?

Thank you.

Hi All,

I have a user loading CTI adapter and getting an error. He states:

We have installed the latest CTI  adapter for one user, when we enter the credentials on the CTI, it fails to log in and returns an error "Failure during CryptProv initialization".

Any ideas on this issue? CTI 4 btw

peace

Show Me How..

How Can We Assist You?

Please select the process you need help with:
  >How to Create a New Lead?     >How to Create a New Opportunity     >How to Add a Product to an Opportunity?     >How to Convert a Lead?     >How to Create a New Account?     >How to Create a New Task?     >How to Create a New Event?     >How to Customize My Tabs?     >How to Edit My Events?     >How to Clone a Lead?     >How to Merge Duplicate Accounts?     >How to Add a Contact to an Account?     >How to Mass Email?     >How to Build a Custom View?     >Home - Overview     >Tabs - Overview     >Tasks - Overview     >Leads - Overview     >Accounts - Overview     >Products - Overview  

I am currently hitting the limit for 100 SOQL queries. I have a method that takes a case ID and returns a boolean to indicate if the case has a public article attached or not. The problem is that I cannot see the way to have this method work in bulk, that meaning, taking a list or a set of case ids and returning a map of caseis and booleans. 

This is the code currently working for a single case (or for a small number of cases). I want to be able to call the getPubliArticles method like this:

map<Id, Boolean> caseArticlesmap = getPublicArticles(caseids); //so that then I can iterate over this map.

These are the methods tha I am currently using.

private List<KnowledgeArticleVersion> loadArticlesAttachedToCase(){
        List<KnowledgeArticleVersion> attachedArticles = new List<KnowledgeArticleVersion>();

List<CaseArticle> caseAssociations = [
            select KnowledgeArticleId, ArticleLanguage
            from CaseArticle
            where CaseId =:CaseId];

if (caseAssociations != null && caseAssociations.size() > 0){

for (CaseArticle association : caseAssociations){
                String strKnowledgeArticleId = association.KnowledgeArticleId;
                String strArticleLanguage = association.ArticleLanguage;

String aQry = 'select id, Title, KnowledgeArticleId, Language, UrlName '
                            + 'from KnowledgeArticleVersion '
                            + 'where KnowledgeArticleId = :strKnowledgeArticleId '
                            + 'and PublishStatus = \'Online\' '
                            + 'and Language = :strArticleLanguage '
                            + 'and IsVisibleInPKB = true '
                            + 'order by KnowledgeArticleId';

List<KnowledgeArticleVersion> kav = Database.query(aQry);
                if (kav.size() > 0) {
                    attachedArticles.add(kav[0]);
                }
            }
        }

return attachedArticles;
    }

Thanks in advance! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi -

I'm working in Professional Edition.  Is there a way to create seperate tabs inside of a custom object?  I am looking to have a "Questions" object but then inside of the Questions object, there will be seperate questions for each division. So each division would have their own tab. If this can't be done, does anyone have any suggestions of making this work?

Thanks!

Hi..

I want to export some standard field of account object using apex loader but its shows field does not exist.

Below is my SOQL

"select name,sic,sicdesc from account "

I am getting error "sicdesc field does not exist" from apex loader but its get successfully populate in developer consol.

I have checked name,sic and sicdesc all have same "view field accessibility" and "set field level security" but issue with SICDesc filed only.

Please suggest me what could be the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Nitin

Hi,

I need to construct a CSV file with APEX and am a bit new to this cloud computing.

Do you have any sample code I could get started with that, or a resources that you can point me to develop and generate a  CSV File to send through the Email??

Can this be achieved in salesforce by any Way?

• December 29, 2011

Hi, we are currently in the process of migrating user guides that are currently authored and published using MadCap. The documents are published to WebHelp (XHTML) and PDF formats. We are trying to import the web documents into Knowledge, and for the most part the documents import fine. We have a couple of issues though that I am hoping to get help on.

The documents have internal links, which are relative to other documents ,either to different pages or within the same page. Whenever a document is imported, the relative links are removed. Any fully qualified URL's are kept intact but the target referenced is changed to open the document in a new window.  

My idea is to write a pre-import tool that will call an apex class to display the article (i.e. /apex/KAViewer?UrlName=URLNameTitle

where URLName is the value stored in the URLName field of the Article Type. However, how can we specify a relative link in the documents. If the path has to be fully qualified, we would run into a maintenance issue with making sure we are using the correct SFDC domain. Also, is there a way to not have the target change. Opening a new browser for each link would be a usability issue.

Has anyone come across this issue with relative links in documents?

Thanks,

Jim