• 25 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello. I am aware that links on a visualforce page in a site are not displayed by default, after finding the answer on here:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Sites_FAQ

Q: The Visualforce page I've created for Sites doesn't seem to work correctly with Person Accounts. Internally links are active for that Visualforce page, but as Sites no links are active. This doesn't occur for any other native or custom object.

A: Links to Accounts and Contacts are not generated if your site is linked with a portal. You can generate them yourself by hand, but apex:outputLink will not. If you don't like this behavior, please suggest it as an idea on the Idea Exchange.

But I would like to know if there is a way around this or if there is a way to override this, as we do need links to contacts, accounts, etc. to be displayed on our site. Would creating a custom link work? Thank you!

Hello! I am looking through the forums and can only find questions about using URLFOR and the "new" action on a custom object. But what about using "edit" or "delete"? For example, I would like to do the following:

<Apex:commandLink action="{!URLFOR($Action.someObject__c.delete, objectID)}" value="Delete" />

or exchange "delete" for "edit". But whenever I do this, I get the error:

"Visualforce Error

Invalid parameter for function URLFOR"

Is there any solution or explanation? Thank you in advance :)

• September 06, 2012

Hello and thank you for responding!

I am misunderstanding an invalid type error I'm  receiving. The most simple example is this:

Set<Account>Agencies = new Set<Account>();
Agencies.addAll([SELECT Account.ID, Account.Name FROM Contact WHERE ID = '']);

The error for this assignment would be to the likes of: cannot assign type <List>Contact to type <Set>Account.

Why is the FROM clause object dictating the type of the query? And I need to understand why this does not work because I have other queries that work similarly as this one, and would otherwise require nested subqueries, which are not supported in SOQL. 

Thank you very much :)

Hello. I am aware that links on a visualforce page in a site are not displayed by default, after finding the answer on here:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Sites_FAQ

Q: The Visualforce page I've created for Sites doesn't seem to work correctly with Person Accounts. Internally links are active for that Visualforce page, but as Sites no links are active. This doesn't occur for any other native or custom object.

A: Links to Accounts and Contacts are not generated if your site is linked with a portal. You can generate them yourself by hand, but apex:outputLink will not. If you don't like this behavior, please suggest it as an idea on the Idea Exchange.

But I would like to know if there is a way around this or if there is a way to override this, as we do need links to contacts, accounts, etc. to be displayed on our site. Would creating a custom link work? Thank you!

Hello! I am looking through the forums and can only find questions about using URLFOR and the "new" action on a custom object. But what about using "edit" or "delete"? For example, I would like to do the following:

<Apex:commandLink action="{!URLFOR($Action.someObject__c.delete, objectID)}" value="Delete" />

or exchange "delete" for "edit". But whenever I do this, I get the error:

"Visualforce Error

Invalid parameter for function URLFOR"

Is there any solution or explanation? Thank you in advance :)

• September 06, 2012

Hi,

How to rendered vf page based on account owner using OutputLink tag.

Regards,

Paddybilli

Hello and thank you for responding!

I am misunderstanding an invalid type error I'm  receiving. The most simple example is this:

Set<Account>Agencies = new Set<Account>();
Agencies.addAll([SELECT Account.ID, Account.Name FROM Contact WHERE ID = '']);

The error for this assignment would be to the likes of: cannot assign type <List>Contact to type <Set>Account.

Why is the FROM clause object dictating the type of the query? And I need to understand why this does not work because I have other queries that work similarly as this one, and would otherwise require nested subqueries, which are not supported in SOQL. 

Thank you very much :)