• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

To start off, I have been working with Salesforce as an administrator for about 2 years. Before I began, I had no experience with the Cloud or any platform similar to Salesforce.

I would like to get started with more formal administrator and developer instruction, as I intend to get my Administrator and Developer certifications. I believe I'm off on the right foot: going through the tutorials and workbooks Salesforce provides online, but I do not know what my next step should be.

For someone at my level, I wonder if Dreamforce would be a worthwhile investment, but I'm worried that the information provided there still beyond my scope?

Are the classes provided by Salesforce necessary to obtain their respective certifications, or would I be able to acquire the knowledge they provide from hands-on experience? I know they are not required for certification, but how valuable is the insight they provide?

Hello,

To start off, I have been working with Salesforce as an administrator for about 2 years. Before I began, I had no experience with the Cloud or any platform similar to Salesforce.

I would like to get started with more formal administrator and developer instruction, as I intend to get my Administrator and Developer certifications. I believe I'm off on the right foot: going through the tutorials and workbooks Salesforce provides online, but I do not know what my next step should be.

For someone at my level, I wonder if Dreamforce would be a worthwhile investment, but I'm worried that the information provided there still beyond my scope?

Are the classes provided by Salesforce necessary to obtain their respective certifications, or would I be able to acquire the knowledge they provide from hands-on experience? I know they are not required for certification, but how valuable is the insight they provide?