• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello, 

I'm brand new to force.com development and have a (what appears to me to be a) very simple question.  I've created a new app that tracks "Clients" -- it has a Client object which tracks standard information: name, address, phone number.  All the functionality for adding, deleting records is there.  But I can't figure out how to activate/create the ability to search for clients.  I have an autonumber field which tracks client #'s.  And if you search by that "201210-15" it will display the client record in the search results. But how do I "Activate" or develop the ability to search by other fields, "Name" "phone number" etc.  I've gone through the beginner tutorial and tried searching for the solution and can't get anywhere. 

Thank you! 

Aaron

Hello, 

I'm brand new to force.com development and have a (what appears to me to be a) very simple question.  I've created a new app that tracks "Clients" -- it has a Client object which tracks standard information: name, address, phone number.  All the functionality for adding, deleting records is there.  But I can't figure out how to activate/create the ability to search for clients.  I have an autonumber field which tracks client #'s.  And if you search by that "201210-15" it will display the client record in the search results. But how do I "Activate" or develop the ability to search by other fields, "Name" "phone number" etc.  I've gone through the beginner tutorial and tried searching for the solution and can't get anywhere. 

Thank you! 

Aaron