• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello Everyone,

Can someone please help me understand the difference between Sites.com / Force.com sites and Customer Portal ?

Which of these products could be used to create an eService Site for customers to be able to login and create cases / access knowledge base / access other objects like their Entitlements / Contracts , etc.

Also are Service Clodu Portal and Customer Portal two different things ?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Amit Sinha

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to find out what are the industry best practices around using different record types, we have a couple of teams who want to use SFDC case management and i am trying to find out what is best way to set them up, should I use 1 record type for each team or should I use a custom team field with other pick list dependent on it.

Can anyone comment on what would make more sense in terms of being able to report on case volumes later by each teams. Also what could be some potential issue of using mulitple record type (one for each team) v/s single record types. 

Thanks

Amit

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to find out what are the industry best practices around using different record types, we have a couple of teams who want to use SFDC case management and i am trying to find out what is best way to set them up, should I use 1 record type for each team or should I use a custom team field with other pick list dependent on it.

Can anyone comment on what would make more sense in terms of being able to report on case volumes later by each teams. Also what could be some potential issue of using mulitple record type (one for each team) v/s single record types. 

Thanks

Amit