• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Folks..

I want to create an msi file to help with the rollout of outlook for salesforce.

Can anyone direct me to a reference document or link that shows me how to create this for Salesforce?

Regards

j.themuss

Hi Guys...

I am struggling to create even basic reports using EE Salesforce.

Am I mad, am I missing something fundamental? Or is the SF report writer as poor as I think it is?

Is there a source of information for "Advanced Reporting". Not Joined Reports and Buckets, but a report builder that allows me to do very simple things like do groupings with their own headings.. allow me to add multiple fields to a grouping line without having to build formula fields to contain the data to display..

Basic stuff.

Again I ask... Am I mad? What am I missing here.

I would appreciate any help you can offer guys as I am struggling to deliver even the most basic of reports to my client.

Regards

j.themuss

Hi Folks,

I have a requirement to track some custom objects using the following layouts:

Accounts [Including Person Accounts]

-----> Contacts

------> Booking Details

3 Different Types of Booking (International, Domestic, Hire - 3 Record Types)

---------> Flight Details

---------> Crate Details

---------> Animal Details

What I am trying to do is to plan ahead regarding my reporting...

I want to be able to create a custom report type that has the same relationahips as the objects.

i.e. for each booking I want to show the related flight, crate and animal information in the report...

So for each booking there will be at least 1 flight, and for each flight at least one crate / animal combo

So I want to create  a report that will show all bookings for a particular date by airline.. to show contact name, flight details and then crate / animal details (contact details, crate / animal details on one line within the report)...

Does anyone have any tips re data structures before I embark on the project?

The problems I have encountered show up when I go to report on the data... it does not let me create the custom report types in the way I want... i.e. Bookings with related flight and crate / animal objects...

It forces me to have only one custom object per level.. I need more than one to cater for flight, and crate / animal...

Salesforce lets you do it on screen... i.e. Booking can have related lists for flights, animals and crates...

Can we have similar structures on custom report types?

Regards

j.themuss

Hi Guys..

I am wondering if Salesforce integrtes with...

Outlook for MAC

and

Outlook 2007 on Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit

Also... what is the story re integrating with LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.

The links in Spring '13 seen to only show basic info and when using LinkedIn it requires a hefty enough per user subscription.

Am I missing something?

Regards

j.themuss

Hi Guys..

Just used the Import My Orgs Account & Contacts wizard to import 6,100 records into our org.

My import file (CSV) had a field called Combined Notes which I mapped to the Description field in the Account object.

I ran the import... all looked good.. the email reporting the number of records imported matched the file...

Except...

When I looked closer the notes were imported in a way that can only be described as randomly.

i.e. the first Account record has the correct notes... "    Info pack, no samples, sent 13/5/05      "

The rest however have notes from totally different records..

However the other compnay, address, contact data etc is correct..

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this happened and how I can import them properly?

Really confused and worried about this..

Thanks

j.themuss

Hi Guys..

I am trying to build a simple report that lists future bookings at our shipping company.

I have a structure as follows:

Account

Contacts

Shipping Instructions

Flight Details

Crates

(Note that flight details and crates both relate to Shipping Instructions)

I need to do a simple report that shows all flight bookings, with the contact name and the crates to be shipped.

Problem is I cannot create a custom report type that is based on Shipping Instructions and Flight Details AND Crates

The custom reports are forcing me to relate each level to a new object when I need to relate both the Flight Details and Crates objects to the Shipping Instructions object.

That is how it is in the UI.. i.e. Shipping Instructions have a related list for Flight Details and a related list for Crates.

I need to print

Flight Date

Flight Number

Shipping ref (Comes from Shipping Instructions object)

Sender    (Comes from Contact Object)

Receiver (Comes from Shipping Instructions object)

Crate(s)  (Comes from Crates Object)

It is so simple.. but I cannot work out how to do it in Salesforce PE..

Can anyone help before I go insane? :)

Regards

j.themuss

Hi Guys..

I have a Group Edition of Salesforce.

My manager wants me to import data from a legacy system that tracks suppliers and customer orders.

She wants me to be able to set something up to import the customer and supplier orders every week.

I have the custom objects set up and am ready to go with the csv files...

But I cannot use the Data Loader because of Group Edition... 

I have seen a link to "Enhanced Import Wizard" but the webpage is blank

Can anyone help and let me know if what I want to do is possible and where I can find the Enhanced Import Wizard?

Regards

j.themuss

Hi Folks..

Was hoping someone could shed some light on this for me..

With Outlook for Salesforce if I send an email to one of my contacts from Salesforce with an attachment does the email and attachment sync to Outlook?

Or if I am in outlook (lets say out and about with my mobile device) and I send an email to a contact and I include an attachment does that then sync backto salesforce?

Regards

j.themuss

Hi Guys,,

I am new to SF and Force.com...

I have been working y way through the tutorials and like what I see.

I am now getting on to APEX and the force.com ide

But I get an error message when I try to install it..

Error:

The Force.com IDE installer launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.

I am using MS Windows VISTA Ultimate - SP1 - 64 Bit

Can anyone help me to get up and running?

Regards

Themuss

Hi Folks,

I have a requirement to track some custom objects using the following layouts:

Accounts [Including Person Accounts]

-----> Contacts

------> Booking Details

3 Different Types of Booking (International, Domestic, Hire - 3 Record Types)

---------> Flight Details

---------> Crate Details

---------> Animal Details

What I am trying to do is to plan ahead regarding my reporting...

I want to be able to create a custom report type that has the same relationahips as the objects.

i.e. for each booking I want to show the related flight, crate and animal information in the report...

So for each booking there will be at least 1 flight, and for each flight at least one crate / animal combo

So I want to create  a report that will show all bookings for a particular date by airline.. to show contact name, flight details and then crate / animal details (contact details, crate / animal details on one line within the report)...

Does anyone have any tips re data structures before I embark on the project?

The problems I have encountered show up when I go to report on the data... it does not let me create the custom report types in the way I want... i.e. Bookings with related flight and crate / animal objects...

It forces me to have only one custom object per level.. I need more than one to cater for flight, and crate / animal...

Salesforce lets you do it on screen... i.e. Booking can have related lists for flights, animals and crates...

Can we have similar structures on custom report types?

Regards

j.themuss

Hi Guys..

I am trying to build a simple report that lists future bookings at our shipping company.

I have a structure as follows:

Account

Contacts

Shipping Instructions

Flight Details

Crates

(Note that flight details and crates both relate to Shipping Instructions)

I need to do a simple report that shows all flight bookings, with the contact name and the crates to be shipped.

Problem is I cannot create a custom report type that is based on Shipping Instructions and Flight Details AND Crates

The custom reports are forcing me to relate each level to a new object when I need to relate both the Flight Details and Crates objects to the Shipping Instructions object.

That is how it is in the UI.. i.e. Shipping Instructions have a related list for Flight Details and a related list for Crates.

I need to print

Flight Date

Flight Number

Shipping ref (Comes from Shipping Instructions object)

Sender    (Comes from Contact Object)

Receiver (Comes from Shipping Instructions object)

Crate(s)  (Comes from Crates Object)

It is so simple.. but I cannot work out how to do it in Salesforce PE..

Can anyone help before I go insane? :)

Regards

j.themuss

Hi Guys,,

I am new to SF and Force.com...

I have been working y way through the tutorials and like what I see.

I am now getting on to APEX and the force.com ide

But I get an error message when I try to install it..

Error:

The Force.com IDE installer launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.

I am using MS Windows VISTA Ultimate - SP1 - 64 Bit

Can anyone help me to get up and running?

Regards

Themuss