• Sr Director, Information Services
  • 2020 Companies

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am looking to implement Service Cloud for case management and wanted to possibly get some guidance on some good options for capturing cases.

Here is my situation:
1. Users sit within 2 different orgs, so I'm thinking the capture method needs to be publicly available
2. I do not think the Self Service Portal is a good idea since it would require Contacts & Self-Service Users to be created whereas I do not want people to have multiple logins
3. My domain was set to something that would not work by someone with the company before my time. This means if I tried to setup a Site it would have a really strange domain name that makes no sense. The application that used to use the domain name is no longer in service, so I may be open to changing the domain name (if that is possible).
4. We are looking at trying to implement the Live Chat and Knowledgebase as well once we get the initial rollout completed.

Any recommendations/suggestions/guidance would be very much appreciated.

System Specs: Office 2007 on Windows 8 64-Bit

I'm able to connect to my sf just fine and see my custom objects, etc. When I run through the wizard and leave the Clause page blank it returns all of the records in the object just fine. The same goes for when I limit using number fields.

But when I put any type of limiting criteria that involve date fields, text fields, or picklist fields on the Clause page it returns 0 records.

For instance in both picklist and text fields I've tried using double quotes (Example = "In Training"), single quotes (Example = 'In Training'), and no quotes (Example = In Training). All return 0 records when I know that there are records that have the text "In Training" in this field.

Am I doing something wrong with entering criteria? Can someone please help provide a couple examples of successful query clauses that limit text, date, and picklist fields?

Thank you in advance!

I am looking to implement Service Cloud for case management and wanted to possibly get some guidance on some good options for capturing cases.

Here is my situation:
1. Users sit within 2 different orgs, so I'm thinking the capture method needs to be publicly available
2. I do not think the Self Service Portal is a good idea since it would require Contacts & Self-Service Users to be created whereas I do not want people to have multiple logins
3. My domain was set to something that would not work by someone with the company before my time. This means if I tried to setup a Site it would have a really strange domain name that makes no sense. The application that used to use the domain name is no longer in service, so I may be open to changing the domain name (if that is possible).
4. We are looking at trying to implement the Live Chat and Knowledgebase as well once we get the initial rollout completed.

Any recommendations/suggestions/guidance would be very much appreciated.