• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there,

We are using SOAP API to update the lead object. One of our customers have two custom fields under lead which is marked as "required" in his custom page layout. Those two fields do come with default value formulas. However, the formulas are not executed when the lead is created by salesforce Web-To-Lead, which seems expected according to this FAQ. In this case, our API update failed with "MISSING_REQUIRED_FIELD" even we do not intend to touch those fields at all. So is there a way to skip required fields during updating?

One observation is this customer installed the "salesforce for google adwords". I found the "LeadSource" is updated by "salesforce for google adwords" when the lead is created by "Web-To-Lead". This seems indicating there is a way to do that?

help appreciated!

thanks,

Jason

• May 01, 2013

Hi there,

We are using SOAP API to update the lead object. One of our customers have two custom fields under lead which is marked as "required" in his custom page layout. Those two fields do come with default value formulas. However, the formulas are not executed when the lead is created by salesforce Web-To-Lead, which seems expected according to this FAQ. In this case, our API update failed with "MISSING_REQUIRED_FIELD" even we do not intend to touch those fields at all. So is there a way to skip required fields during updating?

One observation is this customer installed the "salesforce for google adwords". I found the "LeadSource" is updated by "salesforce for google adwords" when the lead is created by "Web-To-Lead". This seems indicating there is a way to do that?

help appreciated!

thanks,

Jason

• May 01, 2013

Repost from Security borad to get more visibility:

Hello there,

I have a OAuth2 web flow. I set "immediate" to true when requesting the authroization code, in order to probe whether user is logged in and has already granted my access permission. But the callback always return "immediate_unsuccessful", even user is logged in and granted permission already.When I set the "immediate" back to "false", the flow went through without login prompting which proves everything else is working. One observation is if I install theassociated connected app, the problem is gone. I am confused cause my impression is connected app is only to provide client id and secret with some admin policy setting.

Anybody could educate me if there are any correlations between connected-app installation and immediate flag? Or there is some prerequisites to use "immediate" flag beyond the fact user has logged in and user has granted permission?

I am stuck in this issue for days, help greatly appreciated! 

jason

• February 27, 2013

Hello there,

I have a OAuth2 web flow. I set "immediate" to true when requesting the authroization code, in order to probe whether user is logged in and has already granted my access permission. But the callback always return "immediate_unsuccessful", even user is logged in and granted permission already.When I set the "immediate" back to "false", the flow went through without login prompting which proves everything else is working. One observation is if I install theassociated connected app, the problem is gone. I am confused cause my impression is connected app is only to provide client id and secret with some admin policy setting.

Anybody could educate me if there are any correlations between connected-app installation and immediate flag? Or there is some prerequisites to use "immediate" flag beyond the fact user has logged in and user has granted permission?

jason

• February 27, 2013

Hi there,

We are using SOAP API to update the lead object. One of our customers have two custom fields under lead which is marked as "required" in his custom page layout. Those two fields do come with default value formulas. However, the formulas are not executed when the lead is created by salesforce Web-To-Lead, which seems expected according to this FAQ. In this case, our API update failed with "MISSING_REQUIRED_FIELD" even we do not intend to touch those fields at all. So is there a way to skip required fields during updating?

One observation is this customer installed the "salesforce for google adwords". I found the "LeadSource" is updated by "salesforce for google adwords" when the lead is created by "Web-To-Lead". This seems indicating there is a way to do that?

help appreciated!

thanks,

Jason

• May 01, 2013

Hello there,

I have a OAuth2 web flow. I set "immediate" to true when requesting the authroization code, in order to probe whether user is logged in and has already granted my access permission. But the callback always return "immediate_unsuccessful", even user is logged in and granted permission already.When I set the "immediate" back to "false", the flow went through without login prompting which proves everything else is working. One observation is if I install theassociated connected app, the problem is gone. I am confused cause my impression is connected app is only to provide client id and secret with some admin policy setting.

jason

• February 27, 2013