• Member since 2013
  • Salesforce.com Developer and Consultant

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
My problem is that I am trying to complete the Trailhead module and when I go to complete the problem I cannot advance beyond this module because the required field has not page selections in it.

Module: Developer Trail - Lightning Experience  Lightning Components >Creating Components > Add Lightning Components to Salesforce1:

Create a custom tab for this component.

From Setup, enter Tabs in the Quick Find box, then select Tabs.

Click New in the Lightning Component Tabs related list.

Select the Lightning component to display in the custom tab.

Enter a label to display on the tab.

Select the tab style and click Next.

When prompted to add the tab to profiles, accept the default and click Save.

The three underlined steps cannot be completed because when I try and select a page it has no pages in the picklist and it displays "none"…………………Anyone else having this problem.

In a Develop org, Microsoft Windows 7
Requirement: If the richText field is edited, throw error.
Implementation:
One vallidation rule: ISCHANGED( RichText__c )
This rule is throwing error all the time, even if you do not edit RichText field.

Any suggestions on how to achieve the requirement with out of box functionality?

• November 17, 2017
Getting below error while deploying Salesforce Platform licences Profiles to Prod (Winter 17).
Deployment Error: The user license doesn't allow the permission: SubscribeToLightningReports

I know this is listed in known issues of Salesforce. If there is any workaround, would be great help.
Before posting I have considered below points,
1. I tried updating SubscribeToLightningReports to False in Profile xml, it does not work because of Salesforce Platform licence profile
2. Can not refresh sandbox from Prod, it will remove all the development work done.
3. Talking to Saleforce support, still no luck.

• March 12, 2017
I know the limit of emails being sent through code and through workflow to internal users.
What is the limit for email alerts through workflow if the email is being sent to EMAIL field on custom object?
HI,
I am trying to install Force.com IDE in Eclipse Kepler 4.3, but I am getting below message:

"There are no catagorized items".

Trying to install using below link:

Force.com IDE - http://media.developerforce.com/force-ide/eclipse42

PLease help.User-added image
  • April 30, 2014
Hi

i m trying to create a validation rule that says if 4 fields are not filled, the user cannot mark stage as complete 
the formula is simple ( i took example on many answers here on this forum ) 

AND 
(
OR
(
ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Discovery Call"), 
BANT__c = FALSE, 
ISBLANK(DiscoveryCallMinutes__c), 
Goal_letter__c = FALSE, 
ISBLANK( Scheduled_next_meeting__c ) 

)

this should mean that if the user is on the stage Discovery call (and only on this stage ) and all the fields:  scheduled next meeting - Goal letter - Dsicovery call minutes and BANT are not checked or filled , the stage cannot be marked as completed ..

but this formula doesn t work ... 

any advice ? 
Requirement: If the richText field is edited, throw error.
Implementation:
One vallidation rule: ISCHANGED( RichText__c )
This rule is throwing error all the time, even if you do not edit RichText field.

Any suggestions on how to achieve the requirement with out of box functionality?

• November 17, 2017
Hi everyone,
I am getting an error on below mentioned line when compiling in an apex class but it runs in Execute Anonymous Window :

msg.setTreatTargetObjectAsRecipient(false);

Error : Save error: Method does not exist or incorrect signature: [Messaging.SingleEmailMessage].setTreatTargetObjectAsRecipient(Boolean).
Kindly help. Thanks in advance. 
Getting below error while deploying Salesforce Platform licences Profiles to Prod (Winter 17).
Deployment Error: The user license doesn't allow the permission: SubscribeToLightningReports

I know this is listed in known issues of Salesforce. If there is any workaround, would be great help.
Before posting I have considered below points,
1. I tried updating SubscribeToLightningReports to False in Profile xml, it does not work because of Salesforce Platform licence profile
2. Can not refresh sandbox from Prod, it will remove all the development work done.
3. Talking to Saleforce support, still no luck.

• March 12, 2017
I registered for a developer account today, was exploring the option to generate WSDL file which I could use for th SOAP interface to access/query the custom & standard objects. I googled about generating WSDL and many guys have mentioned of having enterprise or partner account. Does that mean, i cannot generate a WSDL using my developer account? Or do i need to create a developer account through some Salesforce partner. Kindly please guide me on this. 
Hi,

I would like to get a data from one of the two fields based on the value of third field. So it is conditional output.

Three Fields:
1. Currency - currency values could be either “US” or “CAD”.
2. NetUS – this field holds total sale in US dollars.
3. NetCAD – this field holds total sale in Canadian dollars.

IF Currency = “CAD” THEN
Net_Sale_in_CAD
ELSE
Net_Sale_in_US

I want to publish the results in Visualforce Page, based on currency either “NetUS” or “NetCDN” but not both. 

What would be the best way to accomplish this? I would appreciate, if you include the code. Please see my Apex class and Visualforce page below. Thanks.

Apex Class

public with sharing class SaleSum {

public Summary[] Summaries { get; set; }

public SaleSum() {
        AggregateResult[] results = [
        Select Brand__c,
CALENDAR_MONTH(Invoice__r.Invoice_Date__c) InvMn,
CALENDAR_YEAR(Invoice__r.Invoice_Date__c) InvYr,
            SUM(Net_Amount_US__c) NetUS,
            SUM(Net_Amount_CDN__c) NetCDN,             
            Invoice__r.Account__r.Currency_Id__c,     
            Invoice__r.Account__r.Customer_Id__c
        From Invoice_Line__c
        Group By Brand__c,
            CALENDAR_MONTH(Invoice__r.Invoice_Date__c), 
            CALENDAR_YEAR(Invoice__r.Invoice_Date__c),
            Invoice__r.Account__r.Currency_Id__c,
            Invoice__r.Account__r.Customer_Id__c
        ];

Summaries = new List<Summary>();
        for (AggregateResult gr : results) {
            Summaries.add(new Summary(gr));
        }
    }

public class Summary {
        public Decimal NetUS { get; private set; }
        public Decimal NetCDN { get; private set; }
        public String Brand { get; private set; }
        public Integer InvMn { get; private set; }
        public integer InvYr { get; private set; }
        public String Curren { get; private set; }
        public String Customer { get; private set; }

public Summary(AggregateResult gr) {
            NetUS = (Decimal) gr.get('NetUS');
            NetCDN = (Decimal) gr.get('NetCDN');
            Brand = (String) gr.get('Brand__c');
            InvMn = (Integer) gr.get('InvMn');
            InvYr = (Integer) gr.get('InvYr');
            Currency = (String) gr.get('Currency_Id__c');
            Customer = (String) gr.get('Customer_Id__c');
        }
    }

}

Visualforce Page

<apex:page controller="SaleSum">
<apex:form >
<apex:repeat value="{!Summaries}" var="summary">
{!summary.Customer}
{!summary.Brand}
{!summary.Series}
{!summary.Currency}
{!summary.InvMn}
{!summary.InvYr}
{!summary.NetUS}
{!summary.NetCDN}
<br/>
</apex:repeat>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

Hi
I have created a trigger but it giving me this error on Line:7.
Error:Incompatible element type Id for collection of Account
Please help.
trigger getOptyAmt on Opportunity (after insert, after update) {
    	List<Account> accntId = new List<Account> ();
    	Integer optyAmt;
    	Account accId;
    for(Opportunity opty: Trigger.new) {
        if(opty.AccountId != null) {
            accntId.add(opty.AccountId);
        }
    }
    for(Opportunity opty: [select Id from opportunity where account in: accntId]) {
        optyAmt = opty.Amount;
        accId = opty.AccountId;
        accId.Total_Opportunity_Amount__c =+ optyAmt;
    }
}

Today while using insert functionality on Apex data loader to add event registrants list on Salesforce we received an error message "populateAttendee: execution of BeforeInsertcaused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null objectTrigger.populateAttendee: line 17, column 1" and were unable to upload.

Does someone has faced a similar issue or can shed some light on this error message?

Thanks,
Abhik
Hello,

I have a VisualForce page in which I am showing the data in table using apex:outputtext inside apex:column. How do I enable InlineEdit for it

Following is a sample code:
      <apex:column headerValue="Participant Name">  
           <apex:outputText value="{!c.Participant_Name__c}"/>    
      </apex:column>

Thanks.
Hello friends
I am just famliarisng myself with Javascript.
Can any one pls let  me know in what real time scenario do we need to call a apex class / method using javascript with an specific example​​?

If SOQL query in apex method return 50K records is it a good practice to call apex method from javascript:?

thanks
krishna​
Hi,
When I am editing a record, a field is updating itself coz of workflow. I have also a visual force page used on that record, but it is not updating itself when I hit save. Again I have to refresh my page for that VF page to update (VF page has command buttons that are rendereing fields). So, How Can my record completely refreshes itself upon a field update?

Thanks,

• September 03, 2015
My problem is that I am trying to complete the Trailhead module and when I go to complete the problem I cannot advance beyond this module because the required field has not page selections in it.

Module: Developer Trail - Lightning Experience  Lightning Components >Creating Components > Add Lightning Components to Salesforce1:

Create a custom tab for this component.

From Setup, enter Tabs in the Quick Find box, then select Tabs.

Click New in the Lightning Component Tabs related list.

Select the Lightning component to display in the custom tab.

Enter a label to display on the tab.

Select the tab style and click Next.

When prompted to add the tab to profiles, accept the default and click Save.

The three underlined steps cannot be completed because when I try and select a page it has no pages in the picklist and it displays "none"…………………Anyone else having this problem.

In a Develop org, Microsoft Windows 7

@Lauren Grau: I have earned Four Badges and In below link its mentioned that after completing one batch,you will get free t-shirt.

http://go.pardot.com/l/27572/2015-06-25/447clt
provided challange is: Create a Message of The Day component that displays different text based on an attribute...
https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/lex_dev/lightning_components/lightning_components_expressions

i completed this challenge but traihead is not accepting it.. it is giving me error. i.e. : 
Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The component is not evaluating the value of the 'DayOfTheWeek' attribute to determine what to display

but when i execute my component it gives me desired output....
This is to solve one of the trailhead challenge. 

How do we assign multiple values to an attribute by not using default paramenter instead value parameter. For example.

I have a component as below.

<aura:component name="DayOfTheWeek" type="string" value="Monday" : "Tuesday" : "Wednesday">

and I would like to read these values and find the week of the day dynamically, as we have $Browser and $Locale, do we have another binding variable to check on day, date and time values.

Thanks.
One of my batch class is failing throwing an exception message like
"System.DmlException: Upsert failed. First exception on row 0 with id 001G000000scGlxIAE; first error: DUPLICATE_VALUE, duplicate value found: AppUp_Group_ID__c duplicates value on record with id: 001G000000utTId:"

Let me know if there is any workaround to solve this?