• 25 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Has anyone either implemented or is there a way to add chatter to a page using Ajax? I have a page that creates flow charts that can accept data in some of the steps. I'd like to add chatter based on an enitity when one is selected but because all of the data is retrieved with Ajax, I do not do a post back to have the VF engine render the page. 

What about adding chatter with a generic entityId and hiding the chatter form(s) until after changing the target entityId. Can this be done?

I'm trying to set the tab order for fields in a Visual Force page. Since the <apex:inputXXX> tags no longer support tabindex, I'm using the taborderhint attribute but when the page is rendered, it always multiplies my number by 10. Thus if I set the following, taborderhint="19" the element's tab order is set to 190 when the page is rendered. As you migt expect, this causes a lot of frustration for users, and me, when you try to tab through fields on a form. I checked the VF page and the rendered HTML and there would not have been a conflict at 19.

Is there any way to have my "hint" be honored as a guidline but more as an order? Who would have thought it to be a good idea to just take the hint and append a zero to the end for no reason other than they want to make sure there isn't a collision? 190 puts it as many as 171 tab presses away from where I want it to be. How could this possibly be OK?

I've run into problems where SOQL queries are not returning data when I'm running a test. I can copy the query string into either the Developer Console or using the Force.com IDE and the query returns the data. I see in documentation where the sample code for testing has a query in it so I think it should work. Do I need to elevate the user for the test or something? Or is this normal?

I have a page that retrieves an object ID from a parameter list. The problem is that when the object is deployed into a new instance from my sandbox or from one sandbox to another, the Id changes. I'd like to find a way that I can not have to add "magic strings" where I hard code the Id in the Apex code. This becomes painful when deploying because we have to maintain an ever growing list of classes that need to be changed after deployment.

I also have a similar problem with some URLs that point to other pages. Is there a repository I can query using the name of the page that will return the Id?

We have some general script that is loaded for every page that adds the JQueryPickDate calendar wherever it sees a date field. What I need to do is find a way to change the default date from today to some other data based on an object behind the form. Since the script is not directly in my VisualForce page, how do I find the date picker and change the default date?

At first, I tried to add code to the onfocus event for the input box but the script overrides this and does not allow me to handle the event. The problem is that have a form that shows multiple records with an ID, a date, and a comment. I can populate all of the dates where the ID is blank but that does not look good to have records with dates that do not have an ID.

Is there any way that I can do this from the controller?

I'm trying to set the tab order for fields in a Visual Force page. Since the <apex:inputXXX> tags no longer support tabindex, I'm using the taborderhint attribute but when the page is rendered, it always multiplies my number by 10. Thus if I set the following, taborderhint="19" the element's tab order is set to 190 when the page is rendered. As you migt expect, this causes a lot of frustration for users, and me, when you try to tab through fields on a form. I checked the VF page and the rendered HTML and there would not have been a conflict at 19.

Is there any way to have my "hint" be honored as a guidline but more as an order? Who would have thought it to be a good idea to just take the hint and append a zero to the end for no reason other than they want to make sure there isn't a collision? 190 puts it as many as 171 tab presses away from where I want it to be. How could this possibly be OK?

I have a page that retrieves an object ID from a parameter list. The problem is that when the object is deployed into a new instance from my sandbox or from one sandbox to another, the Id changes. I'd like to find a way that I can not have to add "magic strings" where I hard code the Id in the Apex code. This becomes painful when deploying because we have to maintain an ever growing list of classes that need to be changed after deployment.

I also have a similar problem with some URLs that point to other pages. Is there a repository I can query using the name of the page that will return the Id?

We have some general script that is loaded for every page that adds the JQueryPickDate calendar wherever it sees a date field. What I need to do is find a way to change the default date from today to some other data based on an object behind the form. Since the script is not directly in my VisualForce page, how do I find the date picker and change the default date?

At first, I tried to add code to the onfocus event for the input box but the script overrides this and does not allow me to handle the event. The problem is that have a form that shows multiple records with an ID, a date, and a comment. I can populate all of the dates where the ID is blank but that does not look good to have records with dates that do not have an ID.

Is there any way that I can do this from the controller?