• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
 We are trying to design and document our development processes and scenarios and generally want to use Change Sets to deploy code/configurations to our Production org.  We also heavily leverage the Force.com IDE for development efforts, but want to limit the use of the Force.com IDE for deploying configuration/code to the Production org because it is often easy to accidentially save/deploy a piece of code into the Production environment unknowingly.

Is it possible to make configuration/security changes to selectively (e.g., user specific) prevent either:
1. Deployment of code from Force.com IDE project to the Production Org.
2. Creation of a Force.com IDE Project that is wired to the Production Org.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff L.

Hi,
With the recent enhancement to allow a formula field to resolve to a checkbox, we thought it might make sense to eliminate some workflows that do the same thing via Field Updates for checkbox fields in our current configuration and replace them with Formula fields whose output is a checkbox true/false value.

Anyone have some general advice on Formula versus Workflow Rules and when it makes sense to use one over the other?  One concern I have about switching from WFR to Formulas for this scenario is how the Formula field approach will affect report performance if the formula checkbox field is used as a filter criteria.

Thanks for any input you may have!
  • January 16, 2014

Hi.

I'm doing a fresh install of the IDE downloaded Nov 20.  Install sequence appears to work, the basic Eclipse Provisioning Workbench comes up.

But none of the SFDC features seem to have actually been installed--the menu items are generic and it seems that the features are waiting to be fully installed.  I select the HELP menu, select the Software and Workspace center.  In the Dashboard view, the summary of software shows Eclipse Platform and SDK, Force.com IDE, and Pulse Services and Extensions as being in a state of "To Install".  Looking in the About This Profile area (lower left of screen) the install state is shown as "Not Currently Installed."  The "Install This Profile" area (to the right of the About area) makes it LOOK like all you have to do is push the big green button to affect the install.

But the button isn't a button:  it's just a dead icon.

What am I missing????  I know I'm blind and stupid and everything, but I honestly can't see how to proceed.

System is running WinXP Pro on JDK 1.7 update 9.  Force.com IDE installer file is nominally 23.0.0.0, but the actual payload that's supposed to be inswtalling is v26 of the IDE.