• 10 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
In my trigger and global classes when I try to retreive values from my public custom setting I get a System.NullPointerException.  This occurs when I try to deploy to production because it needs those values in order to do some logic.

How do I get around this?
We have a partner community where they can convert leads.  We use a 3rd party dedup application that reroutes the user to the contact if a duplicate is found.  This works great in the Partner Portal.  However, in the Partner Community when it tries the redirect with the visualforce page it kicks the user back to the login screen.  I have added the visualforce page to the sites visualforce page list.  What am I missing? 
I would like some advice.  I have a web service I need to get data from.  I am limited how much data I can get each time by date range so I call it 6 times.  Right now I am using synchronous process.  I call it and wait and then call again.  I have to get all the data back before I can move on because with the data I need to do some manipulation.

It is my understanding if I do the @future I can't wait for the response.  Is that right? 

Any suggestions on what to do?  I have to wait for the response and if any of them fail then it all fails. 

Thanks in advance

I have a visualforce component that is used to allow users to enter in their information.  It contains Country and State.  When Country is selected I want only the State to be rerendered and not the whole page again.  I seem to only be able to get all if it to rerender or nothing.  How do I rerender a inputfield in the component when it gets changes?
We have articles setup in Salesforce. We have a Category called: International Distributor that is assigned to articles. This Category is then assigned to a profile: International Partner User.

We have a partner community: Partner Community that has been assigned the profile:International Partner User. In Chatter Answers a Zone has been created called: Partner Community - International Distributor Zone which has been assigned to the Partner Community.

I am unsure why the users under this profile are not able to see article details.  They only see the title of the article
I have to test a webservice where I first pull session informaton and then I pull down data by calling another method.  This is all done in one method in my actual class.  I have created 2 mockup classes to use with testing.
global class serverGetSessionMockImpl implements WebServiceMock {infoi inside for Session mockup}
global class serverGetClassesMockImpl implements WebServiceMock {info inside for Classes mock up}

In my test class I call these classes.
   Test.setMock(WebServiceMock.class, new serverGetSessionMockImpl());
    //setup the class information
    Test.setMock(WebServiceMock.class, new serverGetClassesMockImpl());
I then call the class method that uses this webservice in my test class.
     //set page to the controller
     myPageCon.LoadPage();  //this actually uses the webservice method
What I find is that whatever was the last mock service class I called(Session or Classes) is the one that gets used in my test.  I need it to use each of them.

How do I do this?
We have a communities site built out.  One thing I want is to have a page that is displayed that will allow users to access documents stored in Documents in our Salesforce that are maintained by a group in the company.  I would like to have the "Links" page maintained by internal users, so I was thinking it would be great to allow them to have an Article that they maintain with the list of links the users can access.  This doesn't work.  I have tried many differen formats of the URL and it will not access the document.  

any hints?
Can Portal users create zendesk tickets and edit them?  Do they just need a full licesnse like support would need to do all the functionality.

Thansk
I have a visualforce component that is used to allow users to enter in their information.  It contains Country and State.  When Country is selected I want only the State to be rerendered and not the whole page again.  I seem to only be able to get all if it to rerender or nothing.  How do I rerender a inputfield in the component when it gets changes?
In my trigger and global classes when I try to retreive values from my public custom setting I get a System.NullPointerException.  This occurs when I try to deploy to production because it needs those values in order to do some logic.

How do I get around this?
We have a partner community where they can convert leads.  We use a 3rd party dedup application that reroutes the user to the contact if a duplicate is found.  This works great in the Partner Portal.  However, in the Partner Community when it tries the redirect with the visualforce page it kicks the user back to the login screen.  I have added the visualforce page to the sites visualforce page list.  What am I missing? 
I have to test a webservice where I first pull session informaton and then I pull down data by calling another method.  This is all done in one method in my actual class.  I have created 2 mockup classes to use with testing.
global class serverGetSessionMockImpl implements WebServiceMock {infoi inside for Session mockup}
global class serverGetClassesMockImpl implements WebServiceMock {info inside for Classes mock up}

In my test class I call these classes.
   Test.setMock(WebServiceMock.class, new serverGetSessionMockImpl());
    //setup the class information
    Test.setMock(WebServiceMock.class, new serverGetClassesMockImpl());
I then call the class method that uses this webservice in my test class.
     //set page to the controller
     myPageCon.LoadPage();  //this actually uses the webservice method
What I find is that whatever was the last mock service class I called(Session or Classes) is the one that gets used in my test.  I need it to use each of them.

How do I do this?
Can Portal users create zendesk tickets and edit them?  Do they just need a full licesnse like support would need to do all the functionality.

Thansk