• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Any one know where I can get a print copy of the latest Salesforce apex devekoper guide. 
  • August 20, 2014
We run several batch and scheduled jobs daily. Earlier I used to have two seperate classes - one that implements Database.Batchable and another class that implements the schedulable interface. Then I run the scheduled job from the Dev console.

I combined both the above classes into a single class that implements both the interfaces. The code compiled and has been running batch jobs daily.

But every once in a while the job gets aborted. However when I run the same job manually (i.e. go to the Dev console and run) it runs OK. Did any one else have the same issue.

I contacted Salesforce support and their feedback was that the SOQL query in the Start function is timing out. They opened up the SOQL timeout limits and the job continued working for some time (~90 days) and I now see the job aborting every once in a while.

Any one tried the same above and seen any issues.

• August 20, 2014
Any one know where I can get a print copy of the latest Salesforce apex devekoper guide. 
  • August 20, 2014
We run several batch and scheduled jobs daily. Earlier I used to have two seperate classes - one that implements Database.Batchable and another class that implements the schedulable interface. Then I run the scheduled job from the Dev console.

I combined both the above classes into a single class that implements both the interfaces. The code compiled and has been running batch jobs daily.

But every once in a while the job gets aborted. However when I run the same job manually (i.e. go to the Dev console and run) it runs OK. Did any one else have the same issue.

I contacted Salesforce support and their feedback was that the SOQL query in the Start function is timing out. They opened up the SOQL timeout limits and the job continued working for some time (~90 days) and I now see the job aborting every once in a while.

Any one tried the same above and seen any issues.

• August 20, 2014