• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello, 
I am participating in development of project, where we must use database of my homecountry Addresses. This database can be downloaded as xml. My problem is that there are 4 files. Two small (less than 1 mb), one which is 30 mb and one 70 mb. There are also some relations between those files, like: region name is mapped to some number in file A , and in file B we only have Region code. I am wondering how to input this database into salesforce, so that later whole database can be used. So far i came with such idea:
-write Java program to process all files and split them into smaller files (for example containing only information about one region, in my caountry there is 16 of them)
-upload them as documents/static resources
-write apex class to parse theese xml files and save records as, some custom object address
Problem with such approach would be that i would have to provide custom application, and it should be easy to use, so that employees coudl update salesforce database. And this database is updated daily,  i assume that they would like to update it once a week.
Have anyone faced such problem?
Hello, 
I am participating in development of project, where we must use database of my homecountry Addresses. This database can be downloaded as xml. My problem is that there are 4 files. Two small (less than 1 mb), one which is 30 mb and one 70 mb. There are also some relations between those files, like: region name is mapped to some number in file A , and in file B we only have Region code. I am wondering how to input this database into salesforce, so that later whole database can be used. So far i came with such idea:
-write Java program to process all files and split them into smaller files (for example containing only information about one region, in my caountry there is 16 of them)
-upload them as documents/static resources
-write apex class to parse theese xml files and save records as, some custom object address
Problem with such approach would be that i would have to provide custom application, and it should be easy to use, so that employees coudl update salesforce database. And this database is updated daily,  i assume that they would like to update it once a week.
Have anyone faced such problem?