• 10 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Does anyone have an answer to this question? I'm stuck with the same problem.

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/q/32708/11722

Thanks
  • March 07, 2015
I create a contact with the the first name as Bobby and email 'bob@example.com'. If I then immediately search for this contact by email, it does not return anything. However, if I search by Bobby, it will show up immediately. I have to wait for 10 mins or so until SF has indexed the email, then searching by email works.

Note, this happens both on SFDC directly, and over the REST API when using SOSL. So if I create the contact on SFDC and run a global search in the top left with 'bob@example.com', it returns nothing.

This has only recently started happening though, since December-ish. It used to work fine before that. Is there some SF setting that I'm not aware of that handles this? I don't see anything relavent in the Setup > Customize settings.

Here's the SOSL query I run over the API:
FIND {bob@example.com} IN EMAIL_FIELDS RETURNING Contact(Id, Email)

This may not be the right place for this so please let me know if I should post this elsewhere.

• February 17, 2015
Does anyone know of a library that converts SF fields into HTML elements? I want to build an HTML form for Contacts but I'd like to do it more dynamically. I'm iterating over all of the fields returned from the GET request so I'd like to generate the form on the fly, not hard-code it.

For example, the name fields are text field, so I'd like it to generate an input tag with type=text. If my Contact has a picklist, I'd like the form to render a select tag.

Ideally, I'd like a gem for Ruby on Rails but any library will help for now.
  • October 07, 2014
We're trying to handle custom fields for things like Tasks. Is there any best practice for doing things dynamically? We've made a webapp that lets users from various organizations connect. So it's not just one organization that we're looking at.

The form should allow users to create a new Task, including specifying all of the custom fields. I'd like to do this in as few API calls as possible.

I know that when looking up an object, we get back all of the custom fields. However, for things like a custom picklist, from what I understand, we'd have to make a separate API call to figure out the values that it could possibly have. So when we create the page to edit the task, and there's a custom picklist, then that would mean at least one call to find the task, another to populate the picklist on our end. Is there another way to do it apart from manually? Or do I have to make 1 call to find the task, another to find the possible values of each picklist, etc etc.

Is there a better way of doing this sort of thing?

Similarly, if certain profiles have permissions, is there a way to access this information in 1 API call as well?
  • October 03, 2014
Does anyone know of a library that converts SF fields into HTML elements? I want to build an HTML form for Contacts but I'd like to do it more dynamically. I'm iterating over all of the fields returned from the GET request so I'd like to generate the form on the fly, not hard-code it.

For example, the name fields are text field, so I'd like it to generate an input tag with type=text. If my Contact has a picklist, I'd like the form to render a select tag.

Ideally, I'd like a gem for Ruby on Rails but any library will help for now.
  • October 07, 2014
We're trying to handle custom fields for things like Tasks. Is there any best practice for doing things dynamically? We've made a webapp that lets users from various organizations connect. So it's not just one organization that we're looking at.

The form should allow users to create a new Task, including specifying all of the custom fields. I'd like to do this in as few API calls as possible.

I know that when looking up an object, we get back all of the custom fields. However, for things like a custom picklist, from what I understand, we'd have to make a separate API call to figure out the values that it could possibly have. So when we create the page to edit the task, and there's a custom picklist, then that would mean at least one call to find the task, another to populate the picklist on our end. Is there another way to do it apart from manually? Or do I have to make 1 call to find the task, another to find the possible values of each picklist, etc etc.

Is there a better way of doing this sort of thing?

Similarly, if certain profiles have permissions, is there a way to access this information in 1 API call as well?
  • October 03, 2014
I am getting this error for some users only and not for all. Its working fine for some users