• 45 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a custom ID field on Account and a custom ID field on User that are matching fields being populated from an External source.  I'm trying to return First and Last Name from User to Account when those custom ID fields match.  

Something like..... If custom Acct ID field = custom User ID field, then populate separate custom formula field on Account with User's First and Last Name.  

I've been trying to do this with an IF statement, but cannot figure out how to do the EQUALS between the two custom ID fields.

Another thought I had was to create the the custom Account field as a lookup field to User table with a dependent lookup on matching the custom ID's between the two.  This would identify the value, but not auto-populate the field since it's a Lookup.  I assume you could APEX the selection and populate the field based on the match, but I'm looking for a no-code solution.  Anyone have thoughts on this???
I've create a custom currency field on the Task object called "Cost".  I'd like to have that "Cost" field roll-up and summararize at the parent object which is a custom object.  Roll-Up summaries won't work here.  Anyone have another idea how I might accomplish this?
I'm trying to write a validation rule to enforce a selection in the "Industry Sub-Type" field once a particular "Industry" selection is made.  But the Validation I've written isn't yielding the proper result.  Can anyone help with my rule?

AND( ISPICKVAL(Industry, "Inland, Offshore"), ISPICKVAL( Industry_Sub_Type__c , "") )
Want to utilize HTML Email templates when sending email via Salesforce1, but I don't see how to do that.  Any ideas?
I'm trying to write a rule that will update a field based on the following criteria:

Update a checkbox on Opportunity to TRUE when an Event of a certain Record Type is created.

I have an Event Record Type called "Demo".  When a "Demo" is created and associated to an Opportunity, I want a checkbox on the corresponding Opportunity to update to TRUE.

Any thoughts.....?

Can someone help me out with this Workflow? I'm trying to enforce an Oppty Naming Convention of ACCOUNT NAME: OPPTY NAME.

Workflow Rule Detail
Evaluation Criteria - Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and every time it’s edited
Description - Enforce Opportunity Naming Convention
Rule Criteria - Opportunity: Opportunity Name EQUALS NOT(CONTAINS( Name,Account.Name ))

Then specified Field Update to Oppty Name based on the following formula:  Account.Name & ": " & Name

Doesn't seem to be working!  Any ideas?
Need to create a Workflow that sends an email notifying user when a 'Billing Type' picklist value changes FROM "Credit Card" TO any other picklist value.  Intent is to notify Accounting to stop the credit card billing.  Any ideas???
New to Validation Rules! Need some help....  I want to create a conditional requirement on a field using Validation.  When Account "Type" Contains "Customer", the "Parent Account" field becomes required.  I'm struggling with the CONTAINS function.  Can anyone help?
Need to create a Workflow that sends an email notifying user when a 'Billing Type' picklist value changes FROM "Credit Card" TO any other picklist value.  Intent is to notify Accounting to stop the credit card billing.  Any ideas???