• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello, I am trying to have a lookup field automatically populate, based on text, not ID. So lets say I have two fields in my "child" object, which are as follows:

Color: a look-up field that looks up to the object "Color"
Color text: a text field where you simply enter for example the word "Red"

I want that when you you enter the word "Red" into "Color Text", The record automatically populates the "Color" lookup field with the parent Color Record known as "Red".

I am trying to do this using the record lookup element in the flow interface.

I have the process in the process builder all ready to go, along with the action in the process builder to execute the flow. I now need help with configuring the flow correctly.

Here is what I did in the flow:

I created the record lookup element which looks up color, and the following criteria is when the Name of the color record equals "Color text". "I am now at a loss at what to put in the "Assign the record’s fields to variables to reference them in your flow." field.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hello,

I am trying to create a trigger that makes a number field automatically be populated with data that is in a formula field whenever the formula field is changed. (regardless of whether a user edited the record or not).

The code of the formula field (Parent_number_reached__c) is as follows: Parent_Object__r.Number_Reached__c
The Number field is called Parent_number_reached_local__c

I want Parent_number_reached_local__c to have the data be synchronized with Parent_number_reached__c, so that whenever Parent_number_reached__c is changed, change Parent_number_reached_local__c to the same value.

I am told that this is a relatively simple Trigger to write. Please send me such a code.

Thank you,
Menachem
Hello,

I am trying to create a trigger that makes a number field automatically be populated with data that is in a formula field whenever the formula field is changed. (regardless of whether a user edited the record or not).

The code of the formula field (Parent_number_reached__c) is as follows: Parent_Object__r.Number_Reached__c
The Number field is called Parent_number_reached_local__c

I want Parent_number_reached_local__c to have the data be synchronized with Parent_number_reached__c, so that whenever Parent_number_reached__c is changed, change Parent_number_reached_local__c to the same value.

I am told that this is a relatively simple Trigger to write. Please send me such a code.

Thank you,
Menachem