• Member since 2014
  • Salesforce.com Customer Success Manager

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have created a report with the following conditions to see all opportunities for parent & child when accessing account and clicking link in formula field:
parent accound id equals ""
OR account id equals ""

and the following formula field:
HYPERLINK ('/00O58000002crV0?pv0=' + Id , 'Open Report')

When I go to an account, and check the link, only the first condition shows the corresponding id, while second condition remains empty...
Can anybody help by amending existing formula or suggest another/better way of accessing all opportunities linked to account & children from the parent account on account tab? Many thanks
I couldn't find this in Lightning documentation.  In VF, we can use Fieldsets through Schema Object to loop through all fields and render all fields inside a fieldset so we can change the fields in the fieldset order, read-only, or add/remove fields without changing code.

I cannot find such $ObjectType schema API in Lightning, do we still have access to these when we code in Lightning Expression?
Hi I am building Salesforce app which authenticate users using oAuth2. When user complete authentication I am receiving access_token. When I use this token with REST API it works perfectly fine. When I try to use it with BULK API I get this error:

"{"exceptionCode":"InvalidSessionId","exceptionMessage":"Invalid session id"}"

The token must be valid because it works with REST API calls.
The user I am authenticating has "System administrator" profile selected and user license is "Salesforce". User has "Development Edition" so the API is enabled by default.
This is the code for creating BULK API job:

$job = createJob();

var_dump($job);

function createJob()
	{
		$accessToken = "mytokengoeshere";

try {

// Initializate Guzzle client
			$client   = new Client();

// Request URI
			$request = $client->post("https://eu6.salesforce.com/services/async/37.0/job");

## SET HEADERS

// Add authentication token to the header
			$request->addHeader('X-SFDC-Session', $accessToken);
			// Set content type to JSON
			$request->addHeader('content-type', 'application/json');

// Query data
			$data = json_encode(
						array("operation" 		=> "query",
						  	  "object" 			=> "Account",
						  	  "concurrencyMode" => "Parallel",
						      "contentType" 	=> "JSON")
					);			

// Set body for Guzzle request
			$request->setBody($data);

// Send the request and get the response
			$response = $request->send();

// Convert response to JSON format
			$jsonResponse = $response->json();

return $jsonResponse;

} catch (ClientErrorResponseException $exception) {

// Return exception message
			return $exception->getResponse()->getBody(true);

}	
	}

This is the error message I get:

"{"exceptionCode":"InvalidSessionId","exceptionMessage":"Invalid session id"}"

The code is in PHP and it works perfectly fine when providing token for different salesforce developer account so I am assuming this is a problem with account setup on Salesforce.
I am attaching screenshots of my oauth app settings:

User-added image

User-added image

I have an issue with "Exceeded Data Storage" limit in one of my Salesforce Orgs.

Possible Solutions:
  1. Buy additional data storage space from Salesforce.
  2. Delete the unwanted data and archive the remaining data on a periodic basis on business needs in an External Database.
  3. Provision to access the archived data from Salesforce whenever I want to. This retrieval of data is just display of data in Salesforce
My questions:
  1. There has to be code written in Salesforce for pushing data from Salesforce to External Database during archival, but do we have to write code at the database level as well to store and retrieve data?
  2. If the answer is "No" can you suggest some affordable cloud database options where this operation can be done seamlessly?
Hi

I want my trigger to check a custom checkbox field (called Cancelled) when my opportunity stage changes from closed won to closed lost.
I know we can get that information from Opportunity Stage History reports also we can create a workflow rule (below)

1 AND(
2 ISCHANGED(IsWon),
3 PRIORVALUE(IsWon),
4 IsClosed,NOT(IsWon))

From a knowledge perspective how can I achieve this via trigger?

Thanks
I have created a report with the following conditions to see all opportunities for parent & child when accessing account and clicking link in formula field:
OR account id equals ""

When I go to an account, and check the link, only the first condition shows the corresponding id, while second condition remains empty...
Can anybody help by amending existing formula or suggest another/better way of accessing all opportunities linked to account & children from the parent account on account tab? Many thanks
Hi,

I need a batch class that can run any query with any number of clause in where part.
The query is passed to the batch class from another class.
Suppose for the first execution we decided the query to have two clause in WHERE part.
In the next execution there is some three clause in WHERE part.
The batch class must be able to execute both the query without changing the batch class code.

Regards,
  Nisha 
Hi All,

I am new to salesforce development. Need all your help here.

I have a  scenario to write a trigger where while creating List of records in Account object it should check if there are any duplicates with reference to account name.
If exist then it should skip those records and insert the remaing records. 
so my requirement is no need to displayt any error. just have to skip the unfavourable records from trigger.new and save the favourable records in trigger.new alone. 

Please assist me here

Hi
I am trying to create a custom clone button on Order Product.

The code I am using is as follows
/{!OrderItem.Id}/e?clone=1

All appears to function correctly until such time as I try to save this new record. I then get the following error:

User-added image
Of which the URL is: https://cs81.salesforce.com/802/e

Is there any way I could reference the OrderId in the RetURL? I think that may fix the problem.

Thanks

Jane

Hi,

There is a unique notification ID that comes with the outbound message. Is there any way to acknowledge that particular notification ID?

We would like to acknowledge the message once we recieve the notification. And, we want to send the acknowledgement on the seperate thread.

Thanks
Shalindra Singh
Hi,

Needed scenarion:
I have an inventory table is SAP Busines One database.
I need to be able to send alert to my Saleforce users when the invnetory list is being updated (under certain conditions)
I am thinking to utilize the new External Object feature.

Do you know If I can create triggers for an external object in Salesforce?

Hello,

How can I write a SOQL statement with a clause "does not contain" ? I've tried this Carrier_ID__c not like '%TEST%' but it does not work. I want to use this SOQL for the dataloader to export the data. Please advise.

Thanks

Paul

• July 11, 2013
I am working on push notification in salesforce using Firebase (FCM) as the cloud messaging provider. But i tried with the available latest document 
ie. http://resources.docs.salesforce.com/214/5/en-us/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_mobile_push_notifications_implementation.pdf
but if didn't work as it GCM and FCM json format is different.
I tried with Http post method , so i am able to get the push notification but in order to get dynamic for that i need to get device token from mobile push registration field in user.
can anyone tell me how do i get it.User-added image
I want to update "Billing Notes" under Billing information section in Salesforce opportunity using API. Is there any option to do that? I have checked the API fields for opportunity and couldn't find out any filed name.

User-added image
Please help?

Thanks,
Vipin
Hi all,

I create an apex rest for public as below:
example code

And my url call it is: https://ttv-crm-developer-edition.ap2.force.com/services/apexrest/Vn_OlO/listAccounts
When i call it, the API Request number do not count against the organization's API governor limits.
I did it on developer org and sanbox org.
Who could help me explain the reason?

OR account id equals ""

The requirement is, When the user tries to update the address field in detail page using inline editing. When he click SAVE button in account,at that time it should save the Account and it should show an pop up window (In that i want to display related contact Name,Address field and checkbox as well as update button).

Am new to Apex coading, can anyone help me how to override the save button to show a pop up window if the address field is updated.