• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
If a developer is using two monitors is it possible to have the page editor on the second monitor and the rendering page on the original?  Or, is there any functionality to set the placement of the page editor other than the bottom on the page in question?  Thanks for any direction.
  • March 06, 2015
I've been using one URL with the page editor to run small tests and learn the code. When I came in this morning the code that was entered reverted to an old version yet the view showed the last entered and saved code's rendering.  Shouldn't the code that gets put back in the page editor be the most recent version?  R
  • March 06, 2015
I am a new developer on the SF project after the old dev left.  He has a sandbox setup and there appears to be only one offered.  I can't login to his old one nor can I create one through the system directly.  Is the best solution to order a new sandbox through sales or is there a way to convert the old sandbox or get the old login (Which I am admitedly less interested in).  Or what are the implications of deleting the old devs sandbox?  What is my best solution in this case?  Thank you for any direction.  Also, thank you bob!
  • March 06, 2015
In the SF Dev Guide under "Creating a Custom Controller Class" it states that a "New" button should exist but it doesn't.  Menu path -- Setup, click Develop | Apex Classes and click New to create a new class .... but where is the button?  Also, the alternate method gives way to an error "Error: Apex class 'mycontroller' does not exist" ... therefore it did not create the class as the doc expects.  R
  • March 05, 2015

SOQL allows this: SELECT fieldname FROM objectname
Then why does the documentation for global variables refer to "A global merge field type" ... because that somewhat suggests that the global variable $User, for instance, would also access the field names of object User but those fields, used by $User, are not the same as the fields represented in the object User?  I suppose I get the word "merge" becasue global variable $User is obviously a number of fields from various places (Or various tables) but with the words "field type" it suggests fields from the db.  Shouldn't that documentation say "A global merge variable type"?  Just saying.

• March 04, 2015
Hi, This is a newbie question for sure but ... how do I get the page editor to come back to the bottom of the page?  I am in "dev mode" and I had the thing working ... then I clicked a button on the page editor console and the url changed and the editor went away, ... and since then, the page editor will not show up on the very same page that it previously did.  Thank you for any direction.

R
  • March 04, 2015
Hi, This is a newbie question for sure but ... how do I get the page editor to come back to the bottom of the page?  I am in "dev mode" and I had the thing working ... then I clicked a button on the page editor console and the url changed and the editor went away, ... and since then, the page editor will not show up on the very same page that it previously did.  Thank you for any direction.

R
  • March 04, 2015