• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi there

I am trying to export notes data from one slesforce instance to another. I exported the notes data into CSV but when I tried to load the CSV into Oracle, I ran into numerious challenges due to contents of 'notes' (for example, embedded double-quotes and multiple double-quotes, embedded newlines, etc to name a few). Notes are free format and allow users to type-in whatever they want and however they want. I was able to fix many issues using a combination of sed and nawk (unix) but the list of issues seems endless. 

Now I am thinking of exporting the notes data from salesfocrce and directly load to oracle database without first dumping them into CSV - using Java.

My first question  - is this even doable. If yes, please provide me some guidance. There are almost 7million notes to transfer.

Thank you in advance! 

Hi there

I have a custom field on my Account object, say 'refered_by__c'. This field contains the ID of another Account object.

I want to write a SOQL something like this (psedu query):

select id, name, refered_by__c, <name of "refered_by__c"> from account 

Please advise how can I write this query using SOQL.

Thank you!
My apologies - this quesiton may have been asked already (I could not find it).

Q: If I submit a record that meets the entry criteria for multiple approval processes, then which approval process will it enter? 

Thanks in advance!
My apologies - this quesiton may have been asked already (I could not find it).

Q: If I submit a record that meets the entry criteria for multiple approval processes, then which approval process will it enter? 

Thanks in advance!
In my trailhead module "assess the quality of data" challenge, it tells me to download the "data quality analysis dashboards app", when proceeding to the link to do this, a message comes up saying that only admin has permission or that I am able to download it in a free trial. How do I download this and other applications into my trailhead profile?
Hi there

I have a custom field on my Account object, say 'refered_by__c'. This field contains the ID of another Account object.

I want to write a SOQL something like this (psedu query):

select id, name, refered_by__c, <name of "refered_by__c"> from account 

Please advise how can I write this query using SOQL.

Thank you!