• Consultant
  • Bigger Boat Consulting

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Per the docs, "Visualforce mapping components aren’t available in Developer Edition organizations". This is unfortunate if you're trying to develop a package in a dev org. Is there a way to create a Visualforce Map in a Dev Org that when deployed to an EE org, it will display?
Hey Folks,

I'm writing a few search pages that need to be very very admin configurable. In order to do that, I'm being a little crafty and using <apex:detail> in an <apex:repeat> of my results, each inside a collapsed pageblock. This is actually working GREAT. The admin is able to configrue the results displayed by recordtype and profile using the normal page layout builder. Everyone is happy.

But... using apex:detail marks a record as recently viewed! Which isn't a tragedy, but it fills up the sidebar, and people can't get to the records they are actually working with. Is there a way to use apex:detail but not call the subject recently viewed? Or, is there another good way to render the pagelayout for a record?
I'm running into some odd errors with a nested apex:repeat inside of an apex:map (on API 34.0). My code looks like this:
<apex:map width="500px" height="500px" center="53704">
        <apex:repeat value="{!matches}" var="match">
            <apex:mapMarker title="{!match.Provider__r.Name}"
             position="{latitude:{!match.Provider__r.Latitude_Display__c},longitude:{!match.Provider__r.Longitude_Display__c}}">
                <apex:mapInfoWindow>
                    <apex:repeat value="{!$ObjectType.Account.FieldSets.Provider_Detail_Pin}" var="f">
                        <apex:outputPanel layout="block" style="font-weight: bold;">
                            <apex:outputField value="{! match.Provider__r[f] }"/>
                        </apex:outputPanel>
                    </apex:repeat>
                </apex:mapInfoWindow>
             </apex:mapMarker>
    </apex:map>

This results in an odd error:
Result: [COMPILE FAILED]: (ReferralMap) <apex:outputPanel> cannot be used inside <apex:map> in the markup (Line: 1, Column: -1)

If I remove the outputPanel I get a message saying that outputField is not acceptable. If I remove that and just use an expression, that also fails.

As soon as I remove the second apex:repeat and hard code fields instead of a FieldSet, the errors go away and I can have an outputPanel in the map. That said, I'd much rather have a FieldSet!

Any ideas?

Later on in the page, I use this pattern very successfully, it only fails inside the <apex:map>:
<apex:repeat value="{!providersMatchingSome}" var="match"> 
        <apex:pageBlockSection title="{!match.Provider__r.Name}">
            <apex:repeat value="{!$ObjectType.Account.FieldSets.Provider_Detail_Block}" var="f">
                <apex:outputField value="{!match.Provider__r[f]}" /><br/>
        </apex:pageBlockSection>

Per the docs, "Visualforce mapping components aren’t available in Developer Edition organizations". This is unfortunate if you're trying to develop a package in a dev org. Is there a way to create a Visualforce Map in a Dev Org that when deployed to an EE org, it will display?
I am working on a project where I am automating the provisioning ORG's from the environment hub from a Trialforce template.  The SignupRequest API method works great and gets the baseline ORG ready.  However, after the new ORG is provisioned, i need to prepare the new ORG leveraging various API requests.  (Create / Modify users, load data, execute APEX code, etc..)  

Is there any way to get the API token of the defined admin user for the new ORG, bypassing the welcome email and then going into the UI manually and resetting the token / resetting the password of the admin user?  I understand a password would need to be defined first, and i am not sure there is a way to define the password via SignUpRequest.  My goal is to avoid manual intervention.

There also seems to be an AuthCode that would return from the SignUpRequest that i can exchange for an OAuth token.  Could that be the workaround?

Thanks in advance!

Richard
We are a nonprofit charity in the UK that runs a helpline for patients, using Salesforce. 

I need to capture data from Salesforce into a web page (essentially to create a map of the locations and some data from a list of specific accounts; specifically those accounts identified in the salesforce account record by a checkbox), and to create two web forms to do the following: 

Form 1 - adds a chatter post to an account from the list on the web page (account is known to exist as form only works with the accounts whose locations are on the map).

Form 2 (unrelated to above use cases) - creates a case and associated contact and account (having first checked whether contact already exists).

I at first thought of using FormAssembly to create the forms, but we cannot permit the data we are capturing to be stored or to transit outside of the EU, or outside of the Salesforce platform. So I need help with creating web to case, and web to other record types and also with providing an API for the web developers to be able to pull the specified data on demand from Salesforce. 

If the above form use cases are do-able by an admin with process builder and web to case know-how, then I’m willing to learn if someone can help to get me started. As for the API, I don’t know where to begin. Is there a ready-made solution?

When Community users try to edit Contact record Name field they get this error:

Error:Apex trigger npo02.Households caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: npo02.Households: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: line 270, column 43: Dependent class is invalid and needs recompilation: (npo02) (npo02) (npo02) npo02.BATCH_OppRollup: line 55, column 77: Dependent class is invalid and needs recompilation: npo02.opportunityrollup_utilities: line 166, column 41: sObject type 'FiscalYearSettings' is not supported.
This appears to be happening only with Community users.

1. Login to Mission Promise community as user 
2. Navigate to a Contact
3. Edit Name. 
4. Click Save
Expected Result: Contact record saves with new last name.
Actual Result: Contact record does not save and user given error message: Error:Apex trigger npo02.Households caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: npo02.Households: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: line 270, column 43: Dependent class is invalid and needs recompilation: (npo02) (npo02) (npo02) npo02.BATCH_OppRollup: line 55, column 77: Dependent class is invalid and needs recompilation: npo02.opportunityrollup_utilities: line 166, column 41: sObject type 'FiscalYearSettings' is not supported.

I'm not a developer, so hoping the fix does not require one. Not getting any help from Salesforce.com tech support. "np" is NPSP, NonProfit Starter Pack and is managed by Salesforce.org.

Thanks,

Michelle

We are building some functionality in Apex that utilizes the SignupRequest API to spin up orgs for continuous integration.  I know SignupRequest was conceived as a programmatic feature to create Trialforce orgs, but is your org (where the Apex is being called from) required to be a TSO in order to use the SignupRequest API?  It seems like you should be able to use the SignupRequest without the need for a Trialforce template from an org with Environment Hub enabled, which we do.
Hi,

Im trying to open a VF Page from a formula hyperlink field as follows:
HYPERLINK('/apex/PDFView?id=' +   Id , 'View PDF')
I have also tried:
HYPERLINK('/apex/PDFView?id=' +  CASESAFEID(id) , 'View PDF')

And i always get the following error:
Id value ka426000000000p is not valid for the XXXXX__kav standard controlle

I have noticed that if I set the Id manually on the url bar to kA426000000000p ('A' in upper case) it works fine, as is the Id value when you go into the standard record view.

Any idea about what could be causing this?

Thank you very much!
I'm running into some odd errors with a nested apex:repeat inside of an apex:map (on API 34.0). My code looks like this:
<apex:map width="500px" height="500px" center="53704">
        <apex:repeat value="{!matches}" var="match">
            <apex:mapMarker title="{!match.Provider__r.Name}"
             position="{latitude:{!match.Provider__r.Latitude_Display__c},longitude:{!match.Provider__r.Longitude_Display__c}}">
                <apex:mapInfoWindow>
                    <apex:repeat value="{!$ObjectType.Account.FieldSets.Provider_Detail_Pin}" var="f">
                        <apex:outputPanel layout="block" style="font-weight: bold;">
                            <apex:outputField value="{! match.Provider__r[f] }"/>
                        </apex:outputPanel>
                </apex:mapInfoWindow>
             </apex:mapMarker>
    </apex:map>

This results in an odd error:
Result: [COMPILE FAILED]: (ReferralMap) <apex:outputPanel> cannot be used inside <apex:map> in the markup (Line: 1, Column: -1)

If I remove the outputPanel I get a message saying that outputField is not acceptable. If I remove that and just use an expression, that also fails.

As soon as I remove the second apex:repeat and hard code fields instead of a FieldSet, the errors go away and I can have an outputPanel in the map. That said, I'd much rather have a FieldSet!

Any ideas?

Later on in the page, I use this pattern very successfully, it only fails inside the <apex:map>:
<apex:repeat value="{!providersMatchingSome}" var="match"> 
        <apex:pageBlockSection title="{!match.Provider__r.Name}">
            <apex:repeat value="{!$ObjectType.Account.FieldSets.Provider_Detail_Block}" var="f">
                <apex:outputField value="{!match.Provider__r[f]}" /><br/>
        </apex:pageBlockSection>