• Salesforce Architect/Administrator
  • Teradata

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Dev Comm- I've been at organizations that have deployed from DEV to UAT using a single iterative Change Set -- and when all items for a particular release had passed UA/QA Testing, the Change Set was then deployed from DEV straight to Prod.

(DEV --> UAT || All Items pass UA/QA in UAT? Yes || DEV --> Prod)

However, having moved on to other companies, there seems to be different schools of thought about this practice.  I've heard from others that a Prod deployment should always originate exclusively from UAT (Staging), whereby the Inbound Change Set into UAT should be re-built as an Outbound Change Set to then go to Prod.

(DEV --> UAT || All Items pass UA/QA in UAT? Yes || UAT --> Prod)

However, it was for the very reason of Inbound Change Sets not being able to be cloned as Outbound Change Sets that my presvious company actually encouraged a Prod deployment using a clone of the "final" Change Set that was deployed from DEV to UAT -- thus, we subsequently deployed from DEV to Prod.  You see, some of our Change Sets included *hundreds* of components, and this takes precious time to have to rebuild manually, each deployment.

As a general rule, is deploying a Change Set from a DEV (pre-staging Sandbox) to Prod be discouraged for any reason -- provided that no net-new development/config has taken place in that Dev Org and that all metadata is perfectly in step with Prod?

I want to ensure that I am always following best practices and absolutely do not want to take short cuts that would be perceived as being detrimental to Change/Release Management processes.

Thanks!
Hi Community- my BI Team has run into issues retreiving soft-deleted records (IsDeleted = TRUE) from the AccountContactRelation Object when using the Bulk API.  When retrieving Salesforce records using SOAP, they are indeed able to retrieve the soft-deleted record(s).

Is this simply a limitation of the Bulk API?

Thank you in advance for your feedback!
Hello Community- seasoned Admin, but beginner developer here!

I'm building a Visualforce page that will serve as the default landing page for my Salesforce Community, and as a personal touch would like to display a nice welcome message and content that would render dynamically, based on who is logging in.  As far as merge fields go, I'm all set.

However where I'm getting stuck is to conditionally display a set of images stored in Documents, based on the Current User's value in the Company field({!$User.CompanyName}).

I've attempted to write logic using IF/ELSE IF/ELSE commands, however it's just not rendering correctly.  In short, here's what I'm trying to achieve:

If User's Company Name = 'Company 1', display Logo 1
If User's Company Name = 'Company 2', display Logo 2
..and so on..
...and so on...
....Else, display nothing

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can provide!
Hello All- my Google Map Visualforce Page is up and running, however the last piece of functionality I'd like to implement is to center-align the map on the Record Detail Page.

Below is a code snippet along with a screenshot of how it's currently rendering.  I've tried inserting align="center" in my <style> section, however it does not center.  Where am I going wrong?  Thank you!
function resizeIframe() {
    var me = window.name;
    if (me) {
      var iframes = parent.document.getElementsByName(me);
      if (iframes && iframes.length == 1) {
        height = document.body.offsetHeight;
        iframes[0].style.height = height + "px";
      }
    }
  }

});
</script>

<style>
#map {
  font-family: Arial;
  font-size:12px;
  line-height:normal !important;
  height:300px;
  width: 800px;
  align="center";
  background:transparent;
}
</style>

</head>

<body>
<div id="map"></div> 
</body> 
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>
Screenshot
Hi All- as part of the challenge on the 'Creating Validation Rules' module, I created the following Validation Rule on the Contact Object, and confirmed that it indeed is working by creating a few test records.

However when clicking the 'Check Challenge' button, I get the following error.  Any ideas on how to resolve?

Validation Rule:
AND 
( NOT(ISBLANK(MailingPostalCode)), 
NOT(MailingPostalCode = Account.ShippingPostalCode) )
Error:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Zip Code must match that of the Account. Please correct and save.: [MailingPostalCode]
Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Hello Community- seasoned Admin, but beginner developer here!

I'm building a Visualforce page that will serve as the default landing page for my Salesforce Community, and as a personal touch would like to display a nice welcome message and content that would render dynamically, based on who is logging in.  As far as merge fields go, I'm all set.

However where I'm getting stuck is to conditionally display a set of images stored in Documents, based on the Current User's value in the Company field({!$User.CompanyName}).

I've attempted to write logic using IF/ELSE IF/ELSE commands, however it's just not rendering correctly.  In short, here's what I'm trying to achieve:

If User's Company Name = 'Company 1', display Logo 1
If User's Company Name = 'Company 2', display Logo 2
..and so on..
...and so on...
....Else, display nothing

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can provide!
Hi All- as part of the challenge on the 'Creating Validation Rules' module, I created the following Validation Rule on the Contact Object, and confirmed that it indeed is working by creating a few test records.

However when clicking the 'Check Challenge' button, I get the following error.  Any ideas on how to resolve?

Validation Rule:
AND 
( NOT(ISBLANK(MailingPostalCode)), 
NOT(MailingPostalCode = Account.ShippingPostalCode) )
Error:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Zip Code must match that of the Account. Please correct and save.: [MailingPostalCode]
Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Hi

Please answer the fourth question here:

1. Maximum number of Master-Detail realtionships on a Custom Object is : 2

2. Maximum number of Master-Detail realtionships on a Standard Object is : 0
  3. Maximum number of Lookup realtionships on a Custom Object is : 25
  4. Maximum number of Lookup realtionships on a Standard Object is :

Thanks,

Priya.