• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have a production organization with several dependencies on managed packages, both developed internally and from AppExchange.

We have several classes, triggers, formulas and validation rules using fields from internal managed packages. To test Salesforce DX I created a trial DevHub org with a few classes, custom objects, validations rules, etc. To test it in a scenario close to what we have in production, I installed our internal managed package in a scratch org and created classes with dependencies on it. As an example, we have a managed package DummyPackageX with an object DummyPackageX__User__c.

I can create scratch orgs, install the DummyPackageX depency on them and write my code without problems. When I finished my development and tried to package the code into a 2nd generation package to install it in a DevHub organization or in a Sandbox to test it I got an error:

> sfdx force:package2:version:create --directory force-app --wait 10
Request in progress. Sleeping 30 seconds. Will wait a total of 600 more seconds before timing out. Current Status='InProgress'
Request in progress. Sleeping 30 seconds. Will wait a total of 570 more seconds before timing out. Current Status='InProgress'
ERROR:  MyDummyClass: Invalid type: DummyPackageX__User__c,MyDummyClass: Invalid type: DummyPackageX__User__c,MyDummyClass: Variable does not exist: dummyuser.
It looks like when I try to pack my code using the command above, sfdx can't find the dependency for DummyPackageX. I tried to include the dependency into sfdx-project.json:

{
  "packageDirectories": [
    {
      "path": "force-app",
      "default": true,
      "id": "0Ho6A0000008OJHSA2",
      "versionName": "Apr 18 2018",
      "versionNumber": "1.0.0.0"
    }
  ],
  "namespace": "",
  "sfdcLoginUrl": "https://login.salesforce.com",
  "sourceApiVersion": "42.0",
  "dependencies": ["04t0H0000015lgeQAA","04t30000001DUvrAAG","04t6A0000038AJeQAM"]
}

That doesn't seem to be working. Is it possible to have a 2nd generation package depending on a managed package not created with sfdx?

One of the limitations I see for 2nd generation packages in SFDX is:
Second-Generation Packages Cannot Depend on Packages Requiring an Installation Key

Does that mean I can't depend on a managed package from a Salesforce DX project?

Thank you.

Chat session transcripts saved to LiveChatTranscript.Body have the message time displayed as how many time elapsed since the chat began.
This is an example of a chat session transcript:

Chat Started: Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 22:14:37 (+0000)

Chat Origin: CS Chat Button

Agent Marcel S
( 6s ) Marcel S: Welcome. How can I help you?
( 52s ) Marcel S: you there?
( 3m 9s ) Marcel: testing
( 3m 14s ) Marcel: testing again
( 3m 20s ) Marcel: and again
( 7m 22s ) Marcel: 123 ping
( 7m 26s ) Marcel S: working
( 7m 46s ) Marcel: another
( 8m 0s ) Marcel: and another
( 8m 12s ) Marcel: ?
( 9m 3s ) Marcel S: what?
( 33m 33s ) Marcel: it looks like it is working again
( 33m 48s ) Marcel: checking the menu refresh
( 41m 37s ) Marcel: ????
( 41m 48s ) Marcel: !!!
( 56m 30s ) Marcel: ....
( 1h 7m 45s ) Marcel: restored?
( 1h 7m 50s ) Marcel S: I guess ...
( 1h 13m 7s ) Marcel: trying again
( 1h 13m 13s ) Marcel: and again
( 1h 13m 51s ) Marcel S: are you there?

We would like better if we could have the hour and minutes of when the message was sent, like this:

Chat Started: Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 22:14:37 (+0000)

Chat Origin: CS Chat Button

Agent Marcel S
22:14:43: Marcel S: Welcome to the ThousandEyes Customer Success Live Chat. How can I help you?
22:15:30: Marcel S: you there?
22:17:46: Marcel: testing
22:17:52: Marcel: testing again
22:17:58: Marcel: and again
22:21:59: Marcel: 123 ping
22:22:03: Marcel S: working
22:22:20: Marcel: another
22:22:37: Marcel: and another

I checked the live agent configuration options in Salesforce and checked the developer forumns to find a solution for that, without success.

Is it possible to change the format of the chat transcript? It is not easy for us, nor for our customers to figure out at what time a message was sent.

We have a production organization with several dependencies on managed packages, both developed internally and from AppExchange.

We have several classes, triggers, formulas and validation rules using fields from internal managed packages. To test Salesforce DX I created a trial DevHub org with a few classes, custom objects, validations rules, etc. To test it in a scenario close to what we have in production, I installed our internal managed package in a scratch org and created classes with dependencies on it. As an example, we have a managed package DummyPackageX with an object DummyPackageX__User__c.

I can create scratch orgs, install the DummyPackageX depency on them and write my code without problems. When I finished my development and tried to package the code into a 2nd generation package to install it in a DevHub organization or in a Sandbox to test it I got an error:

> sfdx force:package2:version:create --directory force-app --wait 10
Request in progress. Sleeping 30 seconds. Will wait a total of 600 more seconds before timing out. Current Status='InProgress'
Request in progress. Sleeping 30 seconds. Will wait a total of 570 more seconds before timing out. Current Status='InProgress'
ERROR:  MyDummyClass: Invalid type: DummyPackageX__User__c,MyDummyClass: Invalid type: DummyPackageX__User__c,MyDummyClass: Variable does not exist: dummyuser.
It looks like when I try to pack my code using the command above, sfdx can't find the dependency for DummyPackageX. I tried to include the dependency into sfdx-project.json:

{
  "packageDirectories": [
    {
      "path": "force-app",
      "default": true,
      "id": "0Ho6A0000008OJHSA2",
      "versionName": "Apr 18 2018",
      "versionNumber": "1.0.0.0"
    }
  ],
  "namespace": "",
  "sfdcLoginUrl": "https://login.salesforce.com",
  "sourceApiVersion": "42.0",
  "dependencies": ["04t0H0000015lgeQAA","04t30000001DUvrAAG","04t6A0000038AJeQAM"]
}

That doesn't seem to be working. Is it possible to have a 2nd generation package depending on a managed package not created with sfdx?

One of the limitations I see for 2nd generation packages in SFDX is:
Second-Generation Packages Cannot Depend on Packages Requiring an Installation Key

Does that mean I can't depend on a managed package from a Salesforce DX project?

Thank you.