• 4 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm working through the Trailhead module on Account and Contact relationships (Learn CRM Essentials for Salesforce Classic > Accounts & Contacts > Understand Account and Contact Relationships https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/getting_started_crm_basics/modules/admin_intro_accounts_contacts/units/admin_intro_accounts_contacts_relationships)

It walks you through adding Related Contacts to the Account page, and then creating a related Contact through it. 
User-added image

I run into an error when I create a new Contact off of that screen: "Error: You can't associate a private contact with an account.".
User-added image

So, the steps are:
1: Account page
2: Click [Add Relationship] button in Related Contacts section
3: On the 'New Account Contact Relationship' click the Contact search icon
4: Click the [New] button
5: Enter the Contact info and click [Save]. The pop-up closes. (note: there is NOT an 'Account' field on this page.
6: Click [Save] button on the 'New Account Contact Relationship' page. The error is displayed. 

The only thing I've been able to do is exit these screens, go find the newly created Contact, edit it and add an Account, then go back and add the relationship.

How do I prevent this situation?

Thank you!

I'm working through the Trailhead module on Account and Contact relationships (Learn CRM Essentials for Salesforce Classic > Accounts & Contacts > Understand Account and Contact Relationships https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/getting_started_crm_basics/modules/admin_intro_accounts_contacts/units/admin_intro_accounts_contacts_relationships)

It walks you through adding Related Contacts to the Account page, and then creating a related Contact through it. 
User-added image

I run into an error when I create a new Contact off of that screen: "Error: You can't associate a private contact with an account.".
User-added image

So, the steps are:
1: Account page
2: Click [Add Relationship] button in Related Contacts section
3: On the 'New Account Contact Relationship' click the Contact search icon
4: Click the [New] button
5: Enter the Contact info and click [Save]. The pop-up closes. (note: there is NOT an 'Account' field on this page.
6: Click [Save] button on the 'New Account Contact Relationship' page. The error is displayed. 

The only thing I've been able to do is exit these screens, go find the newly created Contact, edit it and add an Account, then go back and add the relationship.

How do I prevent this situation?

Thank you!

I am completely lost and confused on this challenge and I dont know how to fix it. Every time I try to add Edna Frank as an external user it says "An account owner must be associated with a role to enable portal users or transfer portal users to his or her account." Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

In this challenge, you set up the external sharing model, create a sharing set, and create a customer community user. First, set up the external sharing model with Case set to private. Then, enable Customer Portal settings, and create a sharing set titled Share cases with customers for the Customer Community User Profile. In this sharing set, grant customer community users read and write access to the case object for all cases associated with their account.
Ensure that your DE org user has a role assigned.
Create a customer community user from Edna Frank's contact record. (Your DE org should already have a contact record for Edna Frank. If it doesn't, create a new contact with first name Edna and last name Frank.)
Ensure that the account associated with Edna Frank has cases associated with it.
Ensure that sharing set mapping is set to User:Account = Case:Account.

• September 14, 2016