• 5 Points
  • Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I created a custom object called Usage that has a lookup relationship to the standard Account object. I am trying to create a Visualforce page that will display all of the fields from a Usage record directly on the Account page if the two are linked via the lookup field.

I am new to VF, and I created a VF page with the following code:
<apex:page standardController="Account">

<apex:pageBlock title="Usage">
    <apex:pageBlockSection>
        <apex:outputField value="{! Account.Usage__c.Name }"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{! Account.Usage__c.Last_User_Login_Date__c }"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{! Account.Usage__c.Request_Manager_Enabled__c }"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{! Account.Usage__c.Users__c }"/>
    </apex:pageBlockSection>
</apex:pageBlock>

</apex:page>
However, I get the following error when trying to save: Could not resolve the entity from value binding '{Account.Usage__c.Name}' can only be used with SObjects, or objects that are Visualforce field component resolvable.

I looked into SObjects but am unclear what the issue is.

I'm doing the simple lightning components challenge and have hit this problem in my existing trailhead org and a brand new dev org that I've just created:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: QVWBQHAG