• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am receiving the message "selfserviceuser is not replicable" when trying a GetUpdated call. The Manual shows it as being able to be replicable, is it really?

All of my other GetUpdated calls are working well.

Thanks for your time.

Brian O'Halloran
halloran@enterasys.com
Hi all,

sorry if this has already been posted.

I am working on the Customer Service part of Salesforce.
When logging Cases, the system should calculate a due date based on the SLA and on the Customer Service Center Calendar (meaning, without holidays, bank holidays, week-ends, etc.).
Since there are no standard feature to enable this feature, I have been told this is feasible through Apex.

I'm pretty new in the Apex world: I've done some developments, but nothing too fancy, so if you could help me out on this one, I would really appreciate.
Not mentioning I'm sure it's the kind of issue Customers face all the time...

Thanks in advance,
Free

• August 29, 2008
Hi,

I'm building a portal (webapp) for our internal users to be able to log cases and then add case comments. The portal serves as a front end to SFDC's cases.  There are several reasons we're not using the built-in self service portal.

Our internal users (who will be using this portal) are defined as self service portal contacts in SFDC. I would like to be able to have their ID be the CreatedById when they add a case comment. Currently the only way I can find to add a case comment is through a SFDC User ID that has enough priviledges to do so (a NON-self service portal id such as Administrator).

There are two things I've tried:

1. I've tried binding with an Administrator id and then attempted to use the setCreatedById method on the CaseComment object but it appears that the CreatedBy field is always readonly (which begs the question, why is there an api to set it if it can't be set).  My hope is that even bound as an admin I could force the createdbyid to reflect any user I chose to put in the method.

2. I've also tried to first login as the contact and then add the case comment based on that users binding but that gives me the error that a self service portal user isn't authorized to use the API.

Is there a way that I can

- create cases
-  log case comments
-  attach files

that will reflect the CreatedById of the self service portal user that is doing these actions?

Thanks
Ken

All,

I'm getting a null value being returned when utilizing the GetField method:

Code snippet below:

System.Reflection.FieldInfo fi = sObj[j].GetType().GetField("Booked_Revenue_Goal__c",System.Reflection.BindingFlags.IgnoreCase);

When I look at the sObj[j].GetType() results I notice some errors that have been returned (Highlighted in RED).

Any advice will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

{Name = "Participant__c" FullName = "RSM.BDC3.DataAccess.SFDC.Participant__c"}

[System.RuntimeType]: {Name = "Participant__c" FullName = "RSM.BDC3.DataAccess.SFDC.Participant__c"}

base {System.Reflection.MemberInfo}: {Name = "Participant__c" FullName = "RSM.BDC3.DataAccess.SFDC.Participant__c"}

Assembly: {RSM.BDC3.DataAccess, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null}

AssemblyQualifiedName: "RSM.BDC3.DataAccess.SFDC.Participant__c, RSM.BDC3.DataAccess, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"

Attributes: Public | Serializable | BeforeFieldInit

BaseType: {Name = "sObject" FullName = "RSM.BDC3.DataAccess.SFDC.sObject"}

ContainsGenericParameters: false

DeclaringMethod: 'sObj[j].GetType().DeclaringMethod' threw an exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException'

DeclaringType: null

FullName: "RSM.BDC3.DataAccess.SFDC.Participant__c"

GenericParameterAttributes: 'sObj[j].GetType().GenericParameterAttributes' threw an exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException'

GenericParameterPosition: 'sObj[j].GetType().GenericParameterPosition' threw an exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException'

GUID: {4391e7b1-c90f-3df1-9475-c383263e473a}

HasElementType: false

IsAbstract: false

IsAnsiClass: true

IsArray: false

IsAutoClass: false

IsAutoLayout: true

IsByRef: false

IsClass: true

IsCOMObject: false

IsContextful: false

IsEnum: false

IsExplicitLayout: false

IsGenericParameter: false

IsGenericType: false

IsGenericTypeDefinition: false

IsImport: false

IsInterface: false

IsLayoutSequential: false

IsMarshalByRef: false

IsNested: false

IsNestedAssembly: false

IsNestedFamANDAssem: false

IsNestedFamily: false

IsNestedFamORAssem: false

IsNestedPrivate: false

IsNestedPublic: false

IsNotPublic: false

IsPointer: false

IsPrimitive: false

IsPublic: true

IsSealed: false

IsSerializable: true

IsSpecialName: false

IsUnicodeClass: false

IsValueType: false

IsVisible: true

MemberType: TypeInfo

Module: {RSM.BDC3.DataAccess.dll}

Namespace: "RSM.BDC3.DataAccess.SFDC"

ReflectedType: null

StructLayoutAttribute: {System.Runtime.InteropServices.StructLayoutAttribute}

TypeHandle: {System.RuntimeTypeHandle}

TypeInitializer: null

UnderlyingSystemType: {Name = "Participant__c" FullName = "RSM.BDC3.DataAccess.SFDC.Participant__c"}

This problem has started in the last few days, with a long established program. On several objects the retrieve api call fails with "there is an error in XML document"

This is happening on account, case, contact, lead, opportunity and task objects (others appear OK). Also the error sometimes "goes away", the following is a partial trace:
TaskgetRecordDetail(1): Error: There is an error in XML document (1259, 22).
TaskgetRecordDetail(2): Error: There is an error in XML document (528, 45).
TaskgetRecordDetail(3): Error: There is an error in XML document (13050, 21).
TaskgetRecordDetail(4): Error: There is an error in XML document (3048, 6).
TaskgetRecordDetail(5): Error: There is an error in XML document (11611, 6).
TaskgetRecordDetail(6): Error: There is an error in XML document (14958, 6).
TaskgetRecordDetail(1): Error: There is an error in XML document (1337, 6).
TaskgetRecordDetail(2): Error: There is an error in XML document (14857, 5).
TaskgetRecordDetail(3): Error: There is an error in XML document (9781, 6).

My routine retries up to 10 times, primarily to compensate for network errors. But here the retry gives the same error but at a different points in the xml, finally getting a sucessful response.
Hi all,
When i login to the SFDC i get this error very frequently "System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish secure channel for SSL/TLS." Please help me, this is urgent.

Regards
Hans
I am receiving the message "selfserviceuser is not replicable" when trying a GetUpdated call. The Manual shows it as being able to be replicable, is it really?

All of my other GetUpdated calls are working well.

Thanks for your time.

Brian O'Halloran
halloran@enterasys.com