• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Need a hand with this one. I am trying to use the API Utility call in Javascript to get the Current User ID.

I have been using some test code just to get a result, and it keeps saying undefined. I have tried the following.

function initPage() {
sforceClient.init("{!API_Session_ID}", "{!API_Partner_Server_URL_70}", false);
var uInfo = sforceClient.GetUserInfo();
alert(uInfo.getUserId()));
loadPage();
}

function initPage() {
alert(uInfo.getUserId);
loadPage();
}

function initPage() {
alert(uInfo.get("userID"));
loadPage();
}

None of these work. What am I missing? Anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Mittop

• October 20, 2006
Hey Dev Team,

Just want to call your attention to this...

Google Search API has been released for us to play with (us being the world). But just like the the Google Maps API, I believe you need an API key for this, just like the Google Maps API did.

Could you guys get that set up and placed here so we can begin to develop with it. I already have some ideas for a call planning S-Control to assist in Pre-Sales research of client sites.

Thanks!

Mittop
http://www.salesforceuser.com
  • October 10, 2006
Please help!

I have successfully installed the Partner Portal and have it running. However, when the detail page renders, it shows two fields for CreatedBy and LastModifiedBy

I think it has something to do with the code on line 112 and 113 of sObjectDetail.jsp

All my research says the code should work, but what ends up happening is that the code renders with both the parsed date and the formatted date. This makes the entire detail look sqewed because the columns no longer properly align.

Any thoughts?

Mittop
New to Java, when will the Portal be in .Net????
Reviewing some old Help articles, I found that it was suggested that you could somehow do this.

I need to relate Assets to Cases. The relationship would be one case to many assets for one account.

How can I accomplish this. Do I need to create some sort of custom linking object, or is there some simpler way. Any help would be great.

I am new to the application, so forgive me if this has already been documented.

Message Edited by Mittop on 04-10-2005 11:55 AM

• April 10, 2005
Need a hand with this one. I am trying to use the API Utility call in Javascript to get the Current User ID.

I have been using some test code just to get a result, and it keeps saying undefined. I have tried the following.

function initPage() {
alert(uInfo.getUserId()));
loadPage();
}

function initPage() {
alert(uInfo.getUserId);
loadPage();
}

function initPage() {
alert(uInfo.get("userID"));
loadPage();
}

None of these work. What am I missing? Anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Mittop

• October 20, 2006
I tried to ask support, and they just said they don't support s-controls.

I created a new S-control that is just html. I'm using the xmlhttp object to fetch an rss feed. It works great if I create it as a link, but I want it as a section. My html is all nice and pretty, and trims the result set down to a maximum of 5 items, and its even formatted to match the HTML layout.

How do I create this as a component and add it to the accounts page layout? I basically want to do the same thing you can do to the home page.

Please help, I spent forever making this html / javascript and now can't do anything with it. Very frustrating.

Message Edited by caseyp on 09-26-2006 05:31 PM

• September 27, 2006
Please help!

I have successfully installed the Partner Portal and have it running. However, when the detail page renders, it shows two fields for CreatedBy and LastModifiedBy

I think it has something to do with the code on line 112 and 113 of sObjectDetail.jsp

All my research says the code should work, but what ends up happening is that the code renders with both the parsed date and the formatted date. This makes the entire detail look sqewed because the columns no longer properly align.

Any thoughts?

Mittop
New to Java, when will the Portal be in .Net????