• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Guys,

I need help formatting date as YYYYMMDD. For example, 21st Janurary 2008 the formatted date would be 20080121. How would I do this?

Thanks
Hi,

I have created a trigger that will fire on Opportunity after update, insert and delete events. It will determine how many Opportunities are outstanding and update the associated account with the outstanding count.

This is the WHERE clause of the query:

((Opportunity.StageName = '5 - Offer by Client (Conditional)' OR Opportunity.StageName = '6 - Offer by Client (Unconditional)' OR Opportunity.StageName = '7 - Preliminary Accept' OR Opportunity.StageName = 'Deferred by Applicant') AND Opportunity.Course_Start_Date__c <= TODAY AND Opportunity.PSR__c = false AND Opportunity.InstituitionAccount__c = :accountId)

The problem is the following exception gets thrown:
System.QueryException: Non-selective query against large object type (more than 100000 rows). Consider an indexed filter or contact salesforce.com about custom indexing.

What does this mean? How can I avoid this problem?
Hi,

Last year when our company implemented Salesforce CRM we needed a custom application which would allow users to search 40,000 records of a custom object and have paging & sorting abilities. At that time we implemented this using SControl as it was the only option.

Because of the amount of data that needs to be processed and displayed by the browser/Javascript it was not a great surprise when post-implementation survey revealed this SControl was the source of greatest dissatisfaction amongst Salesforce CRM users.

Now that Apex Code is available and VisualForce is on the horizon what is the best solution for this application? Keep in mind sometimes the search can easily return more then 2,000 records which need to be paged and sorted.

Thanks for help :)
Hi,

Currently the server which houses Email2Case Agent is located in Canberra, Australia. Users from Hong Kong are complaining cases are stamped with Australian time. They say this is likely to impact statistics when they close Cases in Hong Kong time.

I know in .NET Date object gets initialised with UTC time with offset, I am not sure what is done in Java since I am not an expert in that language.

What can I do to ensure Cases get created in UTC/GMT time? Also, when users from Hong Kong close the Case via Salesforce website which timezone will ClosedDate be in?

Thanks for help!

Hey,

Is it possible to use SOAP compression with S-Controls? If so, how do I do it.

If it is not possible how can I improve performance? right now one of my S-Control is very slow and I need some ideas on how to improve performance.

Thanks
Hi Guys,

I need help formatting date as YYYYMMDD. For example, 21st Janurary 2008 the formatted date would be 20080121. How would I do this?

Thanks
Hi,

I have created a trigger that will fire on Opportunity after update, insert and delete events. It will determine how many Opportunities are outstanding and update the associated account with the outstanding count.

This is the WHERE clause of the query:

((Opportunity.StageName = '5 - Offer by Client (Conditional)' OR Opportunity.StageName = '6 - Offer by Client (Unconditional)' OR Opportunity.StageName = '7 - Preliminary Accept' OR Opportunity.StageName = 'Deferred by Applicant') AND Opportunity.Course_Start_Date__c <= TODAY AND Opportunity.PSR__c = false AND Opportunity.InstituitionAccount__c = :accountId)

The problem is the following exception gets thrown:
System.QueryException: Non-selective query against large object type (more than 100000 rows). Consider an indexed filter or contact salesforce.com about custom indexing.

What does this mean? How can I avoid this problem?
Hi,

Last year when our company implemented Salesforce CRM we needed a custom application which would allow users to search 40,000 records of a custom object and have paging & sorting abilities. At that time we implemented this using SControl as it was the only option.

Because of the amount of data that needs to be processed and displayed by the browser/Javascript it was not a great surprise when post-implementation survey revealed this SControl was the source of greatest dissatisfaction amongst Salesforce CRM users.

Now that Apex Code is available and VisualForce is on the horizon what is the best solution for this application? Keep in mind sometimes the search can easily return more then 2,000 records which need to be paged and sorted.

Thanks for help :)